[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was in Galway city, Ireland this weekend and I went to a fantastic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160416_194754.jpg (4 MB, 4160x3088) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160416_194754.jpg
4 MB, 4160x3088
I was in Galway city, Ireland this weekend and I went to a fantastic Japanese restaurant. Kappa Ya, great service, excellent to food with a reasonable and elaborate menu. Check it out cocks, if you're ever in Ireland.
>>
>>7578509
rooks derishius
>>
looks korean desu

why are there banchan at the top
>>
>>7578530
Japanese food usually comes with pickles (tsukemono) on the side, much like Korean food comes with banchan. Obviously that isn't banchan, as this isn't Korean.

Japanese restaurants in the West often neglect this, and for that reason westerners have a very skewed sense of what Japanese food is actually like.
>>
>>7578530
My first thought was that it doesn't look Japanese. More like something from the mainland.

Check the owners' passports, op.
>>
>>7578509
>carrots in miso soup
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>7578564
Why?
>>
>>7578558
don't u fuckin (parenthetical explanation) @ me u fuckin baka gaijin I know what tsukemono is
ホワイトピッグくそ食らえ

どうして白人正解してみられる。
>>
>>7578564
American detected
>>
>>7578591
Carrots aren't supposed to be cooked much at all. A soup overcooks carrots, turning them into sickeningly sweet mash
>>
>>7578617
Even the miso doesn't get "cooked," anon. Your opinion on carrots is different than mine, but it's irrelevant in this case anyway, as the carrots are almost certainly added to the soup just before serving/consuming.
>>
>>7578509
How would a native eat that big single piece of fish? Do they just hold it up in the air with sticks and naw at it?
I've seen how they just facerape noodles and rice but how do they do steak like that?
>>
>>7578797
the fish isnt tough and can be cut simply by pulling the chopsticks together or inserting them at a point then pulling them apart
>>
>>7578797
>How would a native eat that big single piece of fish? Do they just hold it up in the air with sticks and naw at it?
I'm assuming a chunk moves to the top of the rice bowl, and is gentle flaked into the next couple of rice bites. I dunno. I'm not a huge japanese fan, and I can't imagine I'd go out for japanese food in Dublin unless I actually live there for a long time and had a jonesing.
>>
>>7578509
The eggroll, soup, and oden look suspiciously like a Korean variety of Japanese.
Looks good though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.