[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>when the puerto rican food truck does you wrong you could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
>when the puerto rican food truck does you wrong
you could gas kurdistan with the fumes coming out of my asshole right now
been going strong for 12 hours straight now
>>
Puerto rican food sucks. Pretty much all food coming from the Spanish speaking parts of the caribbean sucks. It's kind of like flyover food, there was no indigenous culture so the European culture that washed up on the beach just turned out like shit, and they didn't import enough darkies to make a positive impact.

Contrast that with say Mexico or Peru where enough locals survived that the food had a chance of not being a disaster.

When will whites learn. Not racist, just telling it like it is.
>>
>>7578087
this is flat out wrong
i've had tons of great puerto rican food in this town
i just happened to visit the cocaine truck for food instead of bam bam, my mistake
>>
>>7578083
Yeah, that does look like a food truck I would eat seafood from.
>>
>>7578104
>oversalted pork fried in oil until it's hard enough to be used for floorboards
>fried dough stuffed with chopped up salty mystery meat
>fried instant potato flakes stuffed with chopped up salty mystery meat
>great
Ok for drunk eating, maybe. But the only stuff that they manage not to fuck up, it's when they do as little as possible to the food, and in such cases it's not even one of those "freshness/minimalism" kind of deals like with some other cuisines. It's just that it turned out that way by accident.
>>
>>7578132
i know plenty of lazy ass puerto ricans who cook exactly like that, and this food truck was a perfect example, but i've had phenomenal pernil and empanadillas as well.
when its abuelitas on sunday its usually great, when its jaives at 3 am not so much
>>
>he didn't eat a tripleta

asked for it tbqh
>>
>>7578132
>oversalted
You mean flavored? I don't know why lovers of bland food continue visiting this board.
>>
>>7578781
Mexican, South Indian, and Malaysian food are some of my favorites
Get back to me when muh boricua discovers seasonings other than salt, garlic powder, and recao
>>
I'll jump in now. I think the point of much of puerto rican food has gotten peasanty if it's not made well. Using a Sazon Goya versus a cook that cuts off some culantro from the garden and makes theor own sofrito. Yes, it can be a salt bomb filled with MSG, or it can be greatly flavorful and perfectly cooked.

Cuban food is the same way. Those papa rellenos, pastelitos and empanadas can be gourmet or they can be low cost/frozen level quality too. Same for jamaican food. Support the restaurants that do things right. When it comes to food trucks, well, they can be part of the funky/fusion/gourmet style of truck that has a twitter account and rotating locations, or they can be just catering to people who only want to spend $1, and nothing more. Do you expect Taco Bell $1 menu to be their best menu items done with the finest ingredients? Or a nuked soft tortilla with filler potatoes and little taco meat and cheez whiz? Right.

Sadly, when it comes to the Caribbean, minus about 20 years now, the rich people have departed, and the locals who were multi-generational fled to better climates for better education, better jobs, better cost of living. Gone are the populace that remembers the more prosperous times and expect things to be as good out as they are at abuelas house. It was the great white flight, and what is left? The truly poor. Add a hurricane or two to shake out the rest of the masses as crime got more bad for nice family families. I'm overgeneralizing of course, but it's mainly true with only 3-4 exceptions (mainly oil rich/banking rich islands).
>>
>>7578132

>I don't speak Spanish so I'll just call it mystery meat

Whatever, more for us.
>>
>>7579324
>I remember a few words from high school Spanish so shit tier food is OK
Sorry, but even Filipino food is better than Puerto Rican food.

But if it makes you feel better I'll call it «carne de origen desconocido», does that make you feel better about eating fucking deep fried instant potatoes?

Literally the worst food of anywhere colonized by the Spaniards. 1492+500, I seriously hope you guys don't actually eat this.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.