[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you get lamb barbecue in america?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: download (13).jpg (7 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
7 KB, 268x188
Do you get lamb barbecue in america?
>>
We grill lamb. But in my experience it's uncommon to fully cook/smoke lamb like we do with pork or beef.
>>
>>7578063
They don't end to eat much in America . .. are you a Kiwi or Aussie?
>>
>>7578063
You find a restaurant that has it. We have restaurants for just about everything. Might take some searching, but you'll find it eventually. Unfortunately lamb is kind of an uncommon meat in America. The easiest place to find it around here is in Greek or Middle Eastern restaurants.
>>
>>7578070
Any reason why they don't smoke it? Seems like it would work well similar to pulled pork.
>>
>>7578085
>Any reason why they don't smoke it? Seems like it would work well similar to pulled pork.
OK .. .you are not a Kiwi or an Aussie.
Lamb has a lot of flavour and there really is no need to smoke it. It would ruin it . . .BBQ Yes . . .Smoked No.
>>
>>7578063
>Do you get lamb barbecue in america?

Obvious not an american and a europoor. Everyone know that real american barbecue is Hotdogs, Hamburgers and bratwursts
>>
>>7578097
If you bbq a lamb shoulder it will be tough as shit,
>>
>>7578097
Bbq is smoked you stupid fuck
>>
not often
>>
>>7578103
>Bbq is smoked you stupid fuck
Oh really?
Please think about that for a while.
>>
Bbq mutton or lamb is a speciality in kentucky.
>>
>>7578098
>Everyone know that real american barbecue is Hotdogs, Hamburgers and bratwursts
10/10 bait got me to reply.
>>
>>7578110
not him, but there is a very real difference between what we call barbecue and what we consider just grilling. hot dogs, hamburgers, lamb chops etc. are not barbecue, even if we call our grill a barbecue
>>
In america bbq means smoking. Everywhere else it means grilling.
>>
>>7578126
>In america bbq means smoking. Everywhere else it means grilling.
Surely that can't be true?
You have smokers, the same as we do in England, they have a different purpose. A BBQ is just an outdoor grill over coals/charcoal.

They are very different.

>>7578120
see above.
>>
Goddamn australians are so fucking dumb
>>
>>7578135
>A BBQ is just an outdoor grill over coals/charcoal.
Holy fuck that is so wrong. In America barbecue is a style of preparing meat that usually involves smoking, marinade, and sauce(the precise style, method, and ingredients vary widely by region). An outdoor grill with coal/charcoal is a grill.
>>
yanks cant into lamb. poor things
>>
>>7578160
Marinade and sauce I can deal with but Pre-smoking the meat???? do you really do that?

Sure the smoke from the BBQ imparts a flavour but that's not what it is about . . .if you want smoked meat there are better ways of preparing that. Lamb doesn't lend itself to smoking.
>>
>>7578178
You don't pre smoke anything. The smoke is what cooks the damn thing.
>>
>>7578183
>The smoke is what cooks the damn thing.
You do realise you are on /ck/ right?
>>
>>7578178
>BBQ
You keep using that word...
>>
>>7578198
A BBQ is no different beit in England, Australia or America.

I don't know if you are trying to back-peddle here but smoking is VERY different to Barbecuing!
>>
>>7578135
Sorry m8, no.

BBQ is two different nouns

1) A specific preparation of pork that must involve smoking

2)A grill; e.g., you grill in a BBQ; but you don't make BBQ in a BBQ
>>
>One word can mean different things
>The Thread
>>
>>7578220
That's true but obviously the US is the authority on barbecue
>>
>>7578216
>BBQ is two different nouns
>1) A specific preparation of pork that must involve smoking
>2)A grill; e.g., you grill in a BBQ; but you don't make BBQ in a BBQ

Good heavens, I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
>>
>>7578212
Man, as far as I'm concerned barbecue isn't even a verb. If it's not meat that's being marinated, smoked in a proper pit, and served with some kind of sauce it's not barbecue. Cooking burgers or sausage on a grill is just called grilling, and the result is not barbecue.
>>
>>7578233
>smoked in a proper pit,
OK you win . . . .I was baited for far too long.
It's pretty obvious that American BBQ's are far removed from the rest of the planet. Perhaps you could call it another American invention eh?
>>
>>7578253
Yes bbq is an american invention
>>
File: Ribs_in_a_barbecue_-pit-.jpg (618 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Ribs_in_a_barbecue_-pit-.jpg
618 KB, 1024x768
>>7578253
Probably. Educate yourself foreigner: https://youtu.be/jCnFe-tVnJ0
>>
>>7578259
>Yes bbq is an american invention
I though it might be . . .just like Fire and cooking.
>>
File: bbq.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
bbq.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
for all you uncivilized folk this is what a bbq loks like
>>
>>7578230
Shut the fuck up, London.
>>
>>7578063
I'm braising a lamb shank right now. Never heard of barbecuing it, but that sounds like it would be good.
>>
>>7578063

You proffer a recipe? We all grew up roasting with garlic & rosemary. Or with mint as a glaze or dip.

A BBQed lamb chunk sounds intriguing.

Whatchu got?
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>7578404
No, that's a gas grill. Pic related is a BBQ pit.
>>
well, regardless of the 10 year old endless autistic argument going on itt the answer is No op, in America we don't get much of lamb anything. Grocery stores and your average butchers dont normally carry lamb. It's kind of a rare meat here outside of rack of lamb at fancy restaurants and gyros. I've looked for it but never even seen it raw. Local place said they would order it for me but very expensive.
>>
>>7578063
>lamb barbecue
Yes, in fact I smoked a lamb shoulder just two weeks ago.

However lamb is typically expensive in grocery stores as most people dont really like it. Usually I just go and buy a lamb, kill it and butcher it myself and do what I want with it.

>>7578404
That is a gas grill you idiot Australian.
>>
File: bbq1.jpg (64 KB, 1130x733) Image search: [Google]
bbq1.jpg
64 KB, 1130x733
>>7578475
>>7578528
>gas grill

no its a barbecue which happens to be fueled by gas you stupid american fucks
>>
>>7578543
>posts gas grills
>calls them BBQs
I cant really expect much out of you islanders, you are related to small time petty criminals. After reading the laws of England from that time period I feel even worse for you because it made me realize you descend from from people who were too retarded to even steal fruit without being caught.
>>
>>7578555
im a descendant of some small time petty criminals as you put it yet i still know the correct term for a barbeque.

bit embarrassing dont you think? go eat a burger fatty
>>
>>7578493
Grocery stores have fucking lamb, just not much of it and its more expensive than beef or pork
>>
>>7578493
Lamb is rare and no butchers have it
I work at a super market in ass end of no where up state NY and you can get a leg of lamb here and order any cut you really want
>>
>>7578619
>yet i still know the correct term for a barbeque
How is that possible as it is a word from the New World, seems that people from the New World would know its usage better than you.
>>
People in the US eat mostly beef, chicken, pork, turkey and sometimes venison for those who hunt. I never actually hear of anyone eating goose, and lamb/goat outside of greek and indian joints.
>>
File: 20160417_101040.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160417_101040.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
Lamb is great and it always suprises me that North Americans dont have greater access to it, its such a fatty and flavourfull meat, spring lamb especially.
Sunday is always better when you have a roast in the oven whilst watching the football.

Pic related, a 3kg forequarter roast I will do Moroccon style today.
>>
>>7578736
It is the worst meat for you, Americans would rather eat kilos of healthier meat a week than eat lamb sparingly
>>
File: lamb roast.png (1 MB, 1022x594) Image search: [Google]
lamb roast.png
1 MB, 1022x594
>>7578085
>>7578063

It doesn't sound good at all. Sheep fat tastes and smells foul and for barbecuing you want to use fatty cuts of meat so that it stays moist and flavorful.

Lamb is best when roasted.
>>
>>7578744
>citation needed faggot
Plus nice bait, enjoy your pork, fatty.
>>
>>7578744
>implying Americans pay any attention at all to what's healthy or unhealthy
>>
>>7578744
I wouldnt label any meat produced in the USA as being healthy.
>>
>>7578752
Lamb shoulder is cooked low and slow otherwise it is tough. I don't see why smoking it wouldn't work.
>>
>>7578790

>Lamb shoulder is cooked low and slow

A lamb shoulder roast goes in a 325 oven for about 4 hours. A pork butt goes into the smoker at 225F for about 10 hours.

You're supposed to trim the fat from a lamb shoulder so that it doesn't fuck up the flavor. With a pork butt you're ou're supposed to leave the fat on because it's very flavorful and its essential to keeping the meat moist for the extended cooking time.
>>
>current year. Engaging Australia posters.

/pol/ isn't leaking enough
>>
>>7578278
Why are people who shitpost about americans always so proud of their ignorance? It's pretty ironic.
>>
Where I live in orange county ca there's some lamb barbecue specialty places. I believe most of them are run by immigrants from Hidalgo, Mexico.

Lamb isn't my favorite but I tried it out and it's p gud I can't front on it.
>>
In southern California we hardly use it. AFAIK my market only has ground lamb for sale. A few restaurants might have 1 or 2 dishes with it but that's in menus of like 50 different things. .
>>
>>7578097
>Smoked No
Nigger, I will fucking end you.
>>
>>7579298
When did the American empire collapse to a point where it needed retards to defend it on the internet? You people are worse than Greeks.
>>
>>7580390
>where it needed retards to defend it
Americans have something called freedom, we let the retards do whatever they want
>>
File: pC8jf5t4eWCDKcMu.jpg (12 KB, 263x200) Image search: [Google]
pC8jf5t4eWCDKcMu.jpg
12 KB, 263x200
>>7578103
>>7578110
>>7578120
>>7578135
>>7578216

>here in america bbq means x
>here in australia/europe bbq means y
>what a wacky situation
>>
>>7578475

It's so beautiful :O
>>
>>7578543

Gas grills are entry level. Once you figure out different woods give you different yields. I'm a mesquite/cherry man.
>>
>>7580400
>retarded americans make up retarded word instead of just saying smoking
>retarded elsewheres misinterpret retarded americans throwing their made up retarded word about willy nilly
>retards clash
>>
>>7580872
>barbecue
>made up retarded word
>>
>>7580423
We use a pear burner to fire it up, it also swivels on the center post so you can get the smoke downwind from you.
>>
>>7580400
I'm just sick of all of the American arrogance.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2446x2793) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2446x2793
>>7580924
Pic of the pear burner.
>>
>>7578112
This. Shout out to Owensboro!
>>
>>7578736
>North Americans dont have greater access to it
I don't know where you get your information but I am in rural northern midwest and the place I buy my meat always has lamb chops and roasts in the cooler. Lamb chops are essential to any mixed grill.
>>
>>7580931
You could try reddit, would be right up your alley and if you don't like something you can downvote it :^)
>>
>>7580902
Yeah, just say smoked, retard.
>>
>>7578063
Depends where you go. If you have a lot of Greeks or well to do eastern Europe descendants then yeah you can get all sorts of lamb.
>>
>>7578872
Lamb fat tastes fine you fucking pussy.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.