[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys feel about dirty water hot dogs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 20140714-001-dirty water dogs.jpg (85 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
20140714-001-dirty water dogs.jpg
85 KB, 660x440
How do you guys feel about dirty water hot dogs?
>>
They have a special place in my heart but i dont eat them much anymore
>>
I think they're a violation of all proper theology and geometry
>>
>>7577938
I like them alright, however these days I tend to favor Bologna over them.
>>
I don't think hot dogs should ever be cooked in water. They should be grilled or pan fried. The last thread that was exactly like this surprised me, lots of you faggots think it's a good idea to boil your hot dogs. I will never understand that
>>
>>7577954
just end yourself

>pan fried
>>
>>7577954
You must I've a very sad life
>>
I don't know what you mean and googling turns up various things categorised under that same "dirty water hot dog" name. One is hot dogs boiled in what are essentially tex-mex spices which sounds okay to me. Which do you mean, OP?
>>
>>7577963
>I've

lol dumbass learn to type before posting
>>
>>7577965
It means boiled hot dogs you dumb son of a whore
>>
>>7577965
Just any way of boiling hot dogs really. I prefer at home using tex-mex spices like you said you should try it if you haven't.
>>
>>7577970
I'll have you know mum was just promoted to senior vice whore down the docks due to overwhelming demand from passing merchant marines.

>>7577975
Oh. Yeah, I guess that's okay. I like to pan fry them, usually, but I'll microwave or boil them from time to time. Have you ever had a pickled hot dog? Is that a thing where you are? They're fucking glorious. An American friend from somewhere down south (Arkansas or Alabama, I never remember which one) introduced them to me. Basically, get a jar of pickles, eat them and pour the brine over some hot dogs. Let the hot dogs sit in the fridge in the pickle brine a while, then split and pan-fry. Fucking magical, man.
>>
>>>7577985
I'm from AL actually but I've never heard of that. My dad pickles everything I'd bet money he has tried it.
>>
>>7577938
Love em.

The absolute best way to cook a hot dog is in dirty water, then charring them on a grill.
>>
>>7577938
Wiener tea is a delicacy in my homeland. It takes many hours and many wieners must be steeped to make a fine wiener tea. Luckily, all the rubes subsidize the enormous expense by paying for the spent wieners, while I enjoy the extracted essence for almost nothing. Suckers.
>>
>>7577985
From SC here. Never heard of that. And we pickle everything from pigs feet to quail eggs. Sounds really interesting though.

Maybe its really really regional
>>
>>7577938
Once I was at a disgusting train station diner. The kind your pansy asses would never come close and I saw the clerk serve a bit dog and the water was completely red I kid you not
>>
>>7577943
fuck off Ignatius
>>
>>7577985

I've seen them in Iowa.
Probably on account of all the Bohemians in the town where I was living.
They have pickled sausages in New York, but I never see them sell.

>>7578232

I'm going to guess those were red snappers and the dye leeched into the water.
Was said diner in Maine, by any chance?
>>
>>7577954
I agree. Boiled is disgusting. But I'm from Western NY where we char our hotdogs and they have skin on them.
>>
File: 1424034044638.gif (3 MB, 460x193) Image search: [Google]
1424034044638.gif
3 MB, 460x193
>>7577938
excellent base for making the soup
>>
boiling them is the best. especially if you cook them long enough to split
i always put a lot of garlic powder and pepper in the water
>>
>>7577938
Terrific when you're stumbling out of a dive bar drunk as fuck. Even more so when the guy has sauerkraut at no extra cost.

In any other situation, they're rather underwhelming. Grilled>boiled
>>
Used to eat my hotdogs boiled, but now I steam them, they come out way better.
>>
>>7577943
>>7578579
aw somebody already got the reference
fucking great book
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.