[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've got all the ingredients to make this but, as a total
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 13 - lewYZaM.jpg (498 KB, 1077x1077) Image search: [Google]
13 - lewYZaM.jpg
498 KB, 1077x1077
So I've got all the ingredients to make this but, as a total novice, don't know what to actually do. I was thinking of chopping the chicken breast up, cooking the rice, and just throwing everything into a big pot. Any ideas, fellas?
>>
>>7577634
what the actual fuck is this even supposed to be

>Sriracha
>good choice
pick one

you're from /fit/ or something?
>>
>>7577634
If you're that concerned about eating healthy, why the fuck are you eating black beans from a can that are soaked in salt?
>>
>>7577767

Implying sodium is bad..
>>
>>7577634

>chicken breast
>1.99bux per pound

enjoy your fucking antibiotics, jesus christ almighty

recipe looks like fucking shit by the way. probably something /fit/ came up with...
>>
>$1.99/pound for chicken breast
God damn, I wish I was American.
>>
>>7577817

You're fucking retarded
>>
>>7577634
Your 'Brown Rice' looks expensive. And what does it mean by 'instant'

>$1.99/pound for chicken breast
That's £1.40 in real money . . .WOW!
>>
>>7577822
Dumb yurocuck
>>
>somebody actually thought that was worth making an infographic about

/fit/ fags are almost as bad as fast food retards. It's just taking the exact shit suggested on the /fit/ sticky and not giving any advice on how to cook it or season it beyond dousing it in sriracha.

This is why we have a daily thread of someone asking how to make boneless, skinless chicken breast taste good.
>>
>>7577830

at least I can get actual quality meat that won't fuck me up :~)
>>
>>7577853
Not that anon but I know what they mean.

The steroids and stuff that in pumped into American meat is banned in Europe.
>>
>>7577853

>I know you guys Muslim cock

you, too, anon! be blessed!
>>
>>7577634
That looks fucking terrible. Why wouldn't they just dice the chicken, fry it off, fry some broccoli, stew some beans, combine beans with rice, then put the meat and veg over the top?

I mean, this isn't even a recipe, and OP's pic looks fucking retarded.
>>
>>7577866

Steroids are bad, but the main problem are the antibiotics. It's actually dangerous as fuck. It could legitimately cause an epidemic.

What the fuck are we gonna do when none of our antibiotics work anymore? Even the most insignificant of illnesses could kill you. It's a horror scenario for sure.
>>
>>7577869
>What the fuck are we gonna do when none of our antibiotics work anymore?
It's not far off that now anon.
>>
>>7577809
>implying it's not.
>>
>>7577817
It's low quality meat though
>>
>>7577874

happy days will be bestowed upon us my friend
>>
>>7577634
don't cook the rice twice, I would imagine you would cook everything separately. cook the rice - drain the black beans - microwave the broccoli - cook the chicken by grilling or baking it.

then mix it up into meals.
>>
If you're gonna be bulk cooking some black beans and chicken, your base ingredients better be top notch.

Google "recetas frijoles negroes cubanos" and visit some websites for how Cubans do their black beans. It's all their communist overlords gave them so they definitely know how to make them taste good.

Chicken should be brined 24hr in a salt+acid solution. Something like 1tbsp salt, 1tsp vinegar and 1pt water would be a quick and effective brine.

Other than that, black beans and rice is a great standalone meal for pennies once you have the recipes down
>>
>>7577813
>probably something /fit/ came up with...

Food is macros. Macros and nothing else.

>antibiotics
Illegal in the states for poultry. There's some corners cut somewhere I'm sure.
>>
>>7577634
The brown rice section fails to mention that it is also high in anti-nutrients, obliterating the micronutrient potential of that entire meal.
>>
>>7579482
1. soak black beans in water for 24 hours
2. add beans to pot with water and boil till beans are about half way through
3. add garlic, salt, cumin, onion, CILANTRO and uncooked rice.
4. bring to a boil and reduce heat
5.let rice cook though
6. You've just made black beans and rice AKA Congri
>>
>>7577634
OP, there are orders to cooking things that generally should be followed. So let's say you make a dish with black beans, rice, broccoli, and chicken (which is a bit wtf but that's ok)... well you've got the right idea by cooking the rice on its own.

But the chicken also should be cooked on its own. You'll want to oil a pan, heat to medium or medium-high, and wait for the oil to heat. Once you add the chicken, it should sizzle to where you can really hear it. This will brown your chicken, which is where a lot of its flavor comes from (all of its flavor in the case of b/s chicken breast). The beans are already cooked, of course, and broccoli cooks very quickly, so after your chicken is browned and nearly cooked, then you could probably add the broccoli and beans to the pan and cook for like 5 minutes. Rather than trying to cook the rice with it, I'd just as soon serve it over the rice. Also, it's worth mentioning that I'd probably eat the broccoli on the side too.

You should also definitely cook this with some garlic and onions, as those alone will probably make it twice as appetizing.
>>
>>7577634
this is some /fit/ garbage. you can tell by the lack of flavor and trying to make up for it by drowning the food in sriacha
>>
File: 1448994660692.jpg (84 KB, 650x963) Image search: [Google]
1448994660692.jpg
84 KB, 650x963
>>7579482
Brining for 24 hours? You're an idiot. This will cause the meat to get too salty as it will eventually pull the liquid out of the muscle fibers. Unless you're brining a whole chicken at once, or dozens of pounds of pieces, you should only brine for 1-2 hours for boneless pieces and 3-4 hours for bone-in pieces.
Also, a good brine typically has a small amount of sugar too.
However, your advice on beans is good.

> tl;dr You're a faggot.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.