[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make a pizza base? I've tried 3 recipes to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
How do you make a pizza base? I've tried 3 recipes to make a decent fairly thin one and every time my base either turns out uncooked or like a pita bread.
>>
>>7577564

200g flour, 140g water, 5g salt, 2g dry yeast.

mix flour and water, let sit for 30 minutes
add in salt and yeast and squeeze and fold it until it's all incorporated
fold once an hour for 4-5 hours
sit in fridge over two to three nights
spread
>>
>>7577579
I think that will overproof
>>
>>7577728

in what sense

when making a pizza dough you want the dough to go very loose.
>>
>>7577743
Because 2 grams of dry yeast is a lot for 200 grams of flour. And even if you leave it in the fridge it will still be working for at least 48 hours.

I'm just trying to imagine it tho, maybe you've done it before. If so, you spread it right after taking it out of the fridge or you let it recover room temp?
>>
Not OP but why my pizzas have always water on the top after cooking ? ( Classic tomato sauce mozarella,.. )
>>
>>7577771
I think it has to do with your tomatoes. Try desseding them, or if you are lazy as me, sprinkle a little bit of salt over the sliced tomatos 15 minutes before putting them over the pizza, that will help removing a lot of their liquid.
>>
>>7577579
this is a surprisingly good recipe for /ck/. if I had to recommend a single technique to improve peoples bread products, it would be a longer fermentation, and the second would be stretch and fold. I like you
>>
Dough related question:

Made a chicago pizza pie and it was almost amazing, however the base was significantly undercooked, whereas the sides were perfectly done.

Any advice for a more even cook? I've a pizza stone, maybe preheat that at a high temp and rest the cooking tin on that?
>>
>>7577781
I forgot the coma, it was "Tomato sauce" not sliced tomato, i buy it in a jar
>>
>>7577771

I have a different problem,

The toppings don't properly bond to the base and just kinda lift off (make it like you're eating two different dishes place on top of each other rather than a single pizza). Suspect it's down to the sauce but I don't know if the sauce is too thin, too thick, too much, too little...
>>
You can make a ghetto pizza dough by mixing greek yogurt and flour.

I like to do this when I have greek yogurt I'm trying to use up before it goes bad. Has decent texture and only takes like 10 minutes of work.
>>
>>7577824
a preheated stone would definitely help, if you have an electric oven, putting the rack closer to the bottom would also help. when I blind bake tart dough the bottom is the last part to brown, and putting it closer to the coil is a huge deal
>>
>>7577846
Lol k

Then your sauce has too much water. Try a different brand or reduce the one you have a little before applying it to your dough (sauce on a pot, and simmer until you notice it thickens)
>>
>>7577865
>>7577857
It's a malediction
>>
>>7577857
You are putting too much sauce. Remember that some of the sauce is supposed to be absorved by the dough as it cooks, but even so don't over do it. You are supposed to leave some thiner spots where you can actually see the dough. If you can't see the dough at all, it's way too much.
>>
>>7577876

That makes sense, will use a less when I next make one, hopefully it'll solve the problem.
>>
>>7577897
next time take pics of the process so we can all learn and give our input
>>
File: 20160219_012035[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160219_012035[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
16 oz all purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp Instant yeast (or 1 envelope rapid rise yeast)
1 tsp Kosher Salt
10 oz warm water
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp malted barley syrup (or brown rice syrup if you can't find it)

Mix and knead it until it passes the baker's window pane test; The thinner you can stretch your sample, the thinner you can roll the dough before it tears.

Cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap in a bowl in room temperature for an hour. This will yeild 2-4 crusts depending on you want to size them up. Divide the dough into these crusts and punch them down, roll them back into individual balls, and cover again on the countertop for 45 mins.

Use once they're done or store them in a plastic baggie in the fridge.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.