[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: Honey.jpg (284 KB, 1500x993) Image search: [Google]
Honey.jpg
284 KB, 1500x993
What the fuck do I do with it?
>>
>>7577470
Buy local.

Take a tsp and put it in warm water each morning for an energy boost.
>>
>>7577475
>consume calories for energy
this is a useful tip
>>
>>7577479
Look it up bozo.
>>
Use it in lieu of sugar. Or just eat it plain. If I need something sweet but there's no candy in the house I'll just eat a spoon of honey.
>>
Throw it away, sugar is poison
If you must have 1-2 pieces of fruit a day
>>
File: christohper kramer.gif (2 MB, 188x264) Image search: [Google]
christohper kramer.gif
2 MB, 188x264
>>7577486
>>
>>7577486
>natural honey from bees
>poison
Kill yourself.
>>
>>7577470
>Honey and Lemon Drink
Tasty and good if you have a cold, add whisky to make a hot toddy
>Add to chicken or beef
Ingredient for glazes and sauces
>Add to dessert
Acts as an extra sauce
>Spread on toast
I've never tried it but there's breakfast for you
>>
Glaze chicken wings.
Make Gingerbread.
Soak walnuts in it and eat one or two every morning.
Put it on buttered toast for breakfast with cup of tea.
Put in fruit salad.
Put in chilled tea.
>>
>>7577470
Drizzle over Greek yogurt and top with a few shelled pistachio nuts.
>>
>>7577501
No, most cheap honeys out there are fo honey created in a factory. If you want real honey, a farmers market is your best bet.
>>
>>7578076
I really feel sad for Murricans.
>>
As long as its local and unprocessed its great.

Nutella and honey sandwiches
put it in your tea
put it on sopapillas
put it in smoothies
glaze salmon with it
>>
>>7578105
It's not that hard to side step all the garbage tier food in the US. Just avoid the cheap shit at the supermarket and don't eat at crappy restaurants. And don't live in a place where those are your only options.
>>
Give it back to bees.
>>
use for sore throat

coat self in, lay down outside, see what happens
>>
Coat over your bbq meat. Shit burns quick though.
>>
>>7578196
>Just avoid the cheap shit at the supermarket

yeah so not all of us have this luxury

> don't eat at crappy restaurants

and some of us don't have the luxury to eat out at all

>don't live in a place where those are your only options.

so... a place with a roof?
>>
>>7578076
I get my honey from a guy I work with who keeps his hives on company property. Cool as shit, he does beekeeping as a hobby, only sells as much as he needs to to cover cost of trucking his hives to orchards for pollination and occasionally buying new queens, and gives the rest away. If you don't care about specific honeys and don't mind some bee pollen and the occasional bee leg in your honey, it doesn't get any better than this.
>>
this thread makes me really sad.
Honey is the traditional sweet spread for your breakfast.
How can you not know this?
even all the Hotels in the world serve it.
>>
Use it as a topping for something.

Don't bother trying to mix it into anything (like hot cereals). You're not gonna taste it if you do this.
>>
>>7578356

lolwut? you can't taste honey in your oatmeal? or anything you mix it into for that matter?
>>
>>7578227
You some kinda poorfag Bernie voter?
>>
>>7578105
It is sad. That said, I use fake honey to make granola bars for exercise fuel because real honey costs way too much and flavor isnt a priority when I'm exercising. Its pretty much flavored corn syrup. I use the expensive stuff when i want to taste it
>>
>>7578382

why would i vote for anyone else?

btw mommy's calling anon, dinner's ready.
>>
Honey oatmeal is one of my oatmeal variations. You can try honey cake or brazilian honey cake that has dulce de leche filling and chocolate frosting.
>>
>2 parts mayo
>1 part mustard
>1 part honey

There's your honey mustard salad dressing.
>>
>>7578474
3 parts mustard 2 parts honey is better than 1:1 in my opinion. Also using mayo creates something like a tendie dip you get from a fast food chain. I use lemon juice and a little oil for honey mustard salad dressing.
>>
>>7578486
Yeah, that might actually work better for salads. Gonna give it a try next time.
>>
Also, peppermint tea with honey and lemon.
>>
>>7578076

that's like saying milk in grocery stores doesn't come from cows

it's not hard to extract honey from bees, you fucking donkey
>>
>>7577470
>grow chest hair
>drizzle honey over nipples
>¿¿¿¿¿¿
>PROFIT!!
>>
>>7578562
Milk in Canada has the canadian farmers seal, honey does not.
>>
>>7578365
I've never been able to.

Unless the idea is to use a fuck load of honey.
>>
>>7578105
Not all of Murrica is a food wasteland. Depending on location, it's not that hard to find a decent, local apiary.
>>
>>7578365
>>7578356
Yeah, mixing honey into oatmeal is pointless. You can barely taste the difference from sugar unless you use way too much.

Use a little sugar in your oatmeal and just drizzle some honey on top instead.
>>
>>7578562

Honey is not extracted from bees doofy...Honey is extracted from honey combs in a bee hive...so you know...
>>
Put it in yogurt, oatmeal, mulled wine, green tea, and whiskey.
>>
>>7577470
Honey = warm milk has been my ''sleep'' drink for 2 decades.

It and MXC and i fall asleep like a rock, without i'm an insomniac faggot.
>>
I get mine from the store which apparently gets it from a local apiary. Taste like sweet flowers.

I pretty much only add it to hot tea. Like the anon above, I can't really taste it until the tea cools off and then it gets really sweet.
>>
>>7577470
>What the fuck do I do with it?
I usually buy orange blossom honey. My typical uses:

1) tsp in hot tea, or more for a pitcher of iced green tea, especially good with jasmine green tea.
2) drizzle on greek yogurt
3) granola recipe
4) cast iron skillet southern style (no sugar) cornbread w/butter
5) fresh biscuits
6) hot brie

Sometimes I buy avocado honey, or some varietal at a farmers market or specialty store. I usually pair a special fruit honey with a soft cheese, for enjoying with crackers or wine. The buttery nature of avocado honey goes nicely with manchego, gorgonzola, goat cheese, you name it. Earthy and savory, yet floral. Dark "wild" honey that destroys a tea with taint can be nice in a savory way like that, even for chinese pork, glazed ham, or on cakes in a drizzle glaze.
>>
>>7577470
Drizzle on toast and cheese
>>
>>7578227
If you live where the food options suck and you don't like that there's a good reason to move. When I chose a place to live I based my choice on two things: good for my career and good things to eat. Priorities, man.
>>
Does Earl Grey go well with honey?
>>
>>7578981

yeah so

food choices are irrelevant when all you can afford are oats, beans, eggs and cans of tuna, because these are available everywhere
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (131 KB, 1263x711) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
131 KB, 1263x711
>>7577470
Add to coffee.

Put on peanut butter on toast.

>>7577486
>not exclusively eating fruit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEoKBZfa3yo
>>
>add lime juice
>drink
>???
>PROFIT
>>
>>7578075
Was going to post this, make sure it's at least 2% Greek yogurt or better yet get the full fat one and don't go half ass with fake dannon or chobani shit tier. Greek yogurt is a perfect match with any type of nuts and honey.
>>
>>7579015
>Does Earl Grey go well with honey?
I like regular sugar with Earl Grey.
>>
File: Honey smuggling.gif (48 KB, 422x589) Image search: [Google]
Honey smuggling.gif
48 KB, 422x589
>>7578105
>I really feel sad for Murricans.

Do you think you're getting anything different?
>>
File: honey-2012.jpg (303 KB, 1200x1400) Image search: [Google]
honey-2012.jpg
303 KB, 1200x1400
>>7579115
>>
>>7579119
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.