[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
your chopsticks photos, how to use, etc...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10
File: Img215177349.png (286 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
Img215177349.png
286 KB, 500x299
your chopsticks photos, how to use, etc...
>>
File: HF31fork[1].jpg (36 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
HF31fork[1].jpg
36 KB, 800x800
>>7576497

Here's the chopstick I use

as you can see it has prongs on it that make moving food from the plate to my mouth easier.

Very modern

You should try it some day
>>
how to use
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dBu3kLoDGM
>>
>>7576497
The urethra is a convenient place to store chopsticks
>>
File: 1423966814260.gif (670 KB, 300x178) Image search: [Google]
1423966814260.gif
670 KB, 300x178
>>7576502
>implying chopsticks are even hard to use you fucking pleb
>>
File: 1447554107104.jpg (55 KB, 540x431) Image search: [Google]
1447554107104.jpg
55 KB, 540x431
not a chopstick photo, but a question:

Why is it that no matter how hard i try, ever since i was a child, if I eat a meal with a fork and knife I let food either fall somewhere onto the table or floor or just generally let some bit of food fall from my fork onto the surrounding area and I make somewhat of a mess, but when eating with chopsticks it seems to all go just fine?
>>
>>7576507
>being this pretentious

They're fucking sticks, it's retarded way to eat.
>>
File: 1457661608094.jpg (176 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1457661608094.jpg
176 KB, 625x626
>>7576514
>>
>>7576514
If you say so, not hard at all if you dont have ham-hands.

Although eating rice with them always seemed weird to me.
>>
>>7576497
Unless I'm at a restaurant, I prefer regular utensils for evryday meals but I find chopsticks amazing when slacking off and snacking.
They only use one hand and they don't get your hand dirty.
>>
I'm Chinese and I hate those fucking long-ass plastic restaurant chopsticks

My hands aren't even tiny I think... I'd prefer Japan's chopsticks. Korean chopsticks are too fucking heavy and spindly.
>>
>>7576565
It's not hard, but it's also a stupid eating utensil. I use chopsticks when it's appropriate, but I look down on a culture that thinks that is a good way to get food into your mouth
>>
>>7576511
ur a weeaboo faggot
>>
>>7576579
Yeah, well I look down on a culture that thinks it's too difficult to look after one's own elderly parents.
>>
I want to buy reusable chopsticks for my brother. I've seen that you can buy metal chopsticks and plastic chopsticks.

Which one's the best?
>>
>>7577016
Wooden chopsticks
>>
File: 1212.png (328 KB, 448x478) Image search: [Google]
1212.png
328 KB, 448x478
>live in japan
>used to live in china
>be a chopstick master
>go to hong kong
>chopsticks are a foot long
>>
my friend said they just bought "cooking chopsticks" to make tamagoyaki with. is there a difference between chopsticks and cooking variety?
>>
>>7577026

The cooking ones are much longer, and sometimes they have a string tying the "thick ends" together. They're made for flipping food around while keeping your hand far away from the heat. They also tend to be very plain looking while the "table" chopsticks are often fancy colors/patterns/etc.
>>
>using chopsticks over silverware
Do you use a pull mower over a motorized one? Do you use a typewriter instead of a computer?
>>
When eating noodles or soups heavy with noodles, chopsticks are preferred.
>>
>>7577050
How is that even comparable? There's a major difference in convenience between those two.

Chopsticks are only hard to use if you have shitty dexterity.
>>
>>7577026
They're basically thin tongs
>>
I'm Korean
The kind I use looks like the Chinese style
>>
>>7577026
My mom has cooking chopsticks which are like 1.5 feet long
Used when deep frying shit and you want to be as far away from the oil as possible
>>
>>7577050
I actually do use a push powered reel mower. My lawn is small, and its easy to not have to des with gas and getting it started. A little wd40 and I'm off. I do it in my work clothes (suit) every 4th day or so in about 10 minutes. Its super quiet, which is another bonus. By doing it often its easier to push. If it gets away from me then I just hire a guy to come out and get it back in shape.

Typewriters are retarded though.
>>
>>7577113
C O M F O R T W I F E
O
M
F
O
R
T

W
I
F
E
>>
>>7576497
Korean chopsticks are so damn shitty. Cold, just like the people.
>>
>>7577026
Really long fucking chopsticks. Flip stuff, turn it over while deep frying, etc. Can be surprisingly useful.
>>
Do jap chopsticks work better or worse with the tapering?
>>
I can pick up single grains of rice or pieces of sweetcorn without even thinking about it when I have those squared disposable chopsticks. it all falls apart with the round plastic or metal ones though.
>>
>>7576502
Thats why americans are fat, barely having any agility at all to do even slightly demanding tasks
>>
>>7577190
Korean chopsticks keep sliding off my hands at random. Too heavy for me.
>>
>>7577347
>2015+1
>not using reverse engineered excavation tools to shovel and pitch food in your fat face
>>
I only use chopsticks when eating salads. No stabbing lettuce with inefficient prong, faggots
>>
When will the chopstick meme die?
>>
>>7577113
well you're just a traitor to your people then aren't you
>>
>>7576497
Srs question: Is there any difference besides the size?
>>
>>7576506
kek
>>
>>7577347

Go shove a shitty wooden chopstick up your urethra, slanteye
>>
>>7578489
>slanteye
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7576497
how are savage chopsticks still a thing in this year 2016?
>>
I love chop sticks, they're super easy to use. All you have to do is place them firmly in the trash.
>>
>>7578495
>getting upset over racism
>>>/ck/
>>
File: chopstick.gif (1 MB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
chopstick.gif
1 MB, 500x278
>no one posted this yet...
>>
>>7578720
Who said you could leave your /a/utism containment board?
>>
>>7578720
>crossing the chopsticks
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
It's easier to eat Asian food with chopsticks because usually the food is in a bunch of little pieces
>>
>>7578731
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7577050
If difficulty and convenience are even conceived of as factors surrounding dining, in your eyes, maybe you're on the wrong webpage
>>
>>7576568
Half-Gook here, gotta agree. I'm not a fan of Korean chopsticks. Too flat and awkward. Love Korean spoons, though.

They aren't fancy at all, but my favourite chopsticks to use to use are the cheap bamboo kind.
>>
>>7577600
Materials are different, and so are the shapes.
>>
>>7577016
Wooden. Get the packs of cheap (not takeout cheap) ones because they do tend to stained or dirty.

Plastic ones have no grip and the weight always seem off. Metal doesn't either, but it also effects the temp of the food which does effect the taste somewhat.
>>
>>7576497 (OP)
1.Wooden tipped washable
2. Disposable round connected only with square top
3. Disposable split right down the middle
10. Plastic with ridges
1000. Plastic smooth
9001. Metal
>>
>>7576579
chopsticks are literally tiny tongs.
>>
chopsticks are a meme utensil like iron skillets
>>
File: image.jpg (200 KB, 706x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200 KB, 706x484
>>7578799
>>7577416
>>7576568

Damn, most patrician utensil set coming thru. Korean chopsticks takes the most finesse and YOU KNOW shit looks the most fly.

We use wooden ones for noodles though these things can be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>7576514
For so many centuries forks had just two prongs.
Fork is just the pleb form of chopsticks.
>>
>>7577600
Shape has somewhat of a correalation towards the food mainstay of the people.
Pointier chopsticks were desirable for seafood, namely that it is easier to pry fish meat from bone/pick out pin bones.
While blunt, less tapering chopsticks could be associated to cuisines that are highly variable.
>>
I'm ethnically Taiwanese (more or less Chinese), and I've seen all 3 of those chopsticks used at my house while growing up.

I don't really think I prefer any one more over the other, all 3 have their own nuances which makes it easier to grab certain things, but makes no difference by any large margin imo.
>>
>>7579467

Oh, I do remember my dad once buying some metallic chopsticks that were round and smooth instead of squared on the sides.

Fuckin pain in the ass they were if you set them down on the side of your plate since they would just roll and clang around.
>>
>>7576497
Something I enjoy about chopsticks is that when I eat with silverware, I eat my food way too fast. I'm just a fast eater and I always feel gross. Chopsticks make me eat my food slower, which lets me slow down and savor the food.
>>
I have one set (for 8 people) of red-laquered chopsticks with dragons engraved on them, that I pull out for special dinners. Otherwise, my "everyday" chopsticks are from a big bag of disposable bamboo sets that I buy in bulk from the asian market. I prefer the easy grip of the wood, anyway, especially when eating noodles and tonkotsu ramen (because the collagen rich broth makes everything kind of slippery ).
>>
>>7576511
Because you are a filthy weab
>>
>>7576514
Sure. But sometimes people like to dabble in the exotic and traditional.
If you don't us them regularly, it can be quite fun.

It is just like dutch wooden shoes, or going in a camel tour in arabian countries. Sure, your sneakers or jeep may be the better way to get the task done. But how boring is that?
>>
>>7579915
Except people that actually know how to chopsticks have zero problems using them and they're basically interchangeable and better in certain situations. Eating ramen with a fork is harder. Eating salad is much better with chopsticks
>>
>>7576497
Do Chinese girls have super small hands like Japanese girls?
>>
>>7576507
Except he didn't say they were hard to use

He said forks were easier

In the civilized world we have proper cutlery because eating with sticks is for subhuman barbarians.
>>
>>7580001
That may very well be. I have no acquaintances who are that good with them, though. And the only times they get used are as a gimmick when eating asian food in my world.

I just wanted to offer some other reasons for eating with chopsticks, or even acknowledging chopsticks as a valid eating utensil, beside their efficiency.

For someone like me, they are a nice way to enrich a food experience. I don't get the hate.
>>
These threads always make me laugh. The only person I know who's uncomfortable with chopsticks is my weird religious right-wing cousin who carries around a glock with like a 20 round magazine in his extremely safe, extremely rural community (he sincerely believes he's going to get jumped by minorities any minute).

He also speaks in an affected "southern" accent even though nobody in the family has ever lived near the south. I have no idea where he picked it up from.

Anyway when I see people on /ck/ complaining about chopsticks I hear it in his voice.
>>
>>7580130
That is because you younguns don't remember the Great Chopstick Wars. Many a fine young lad lost his life to those damn splintercocks that day and make no mistake about it.

My mumah aint raised no woodlicker.
>>
When I lives in Taiwan I saw a lot of round metal ones like >>7579472
Didn't think they were that bad, but I definitely prefer the Chinese kind (from OP's pic)

Fuck those square Korean ones though
>>
What's with the Korean chopstick hate here?

They're literally the only chopsticks out of the three that gives you precision. Both the other two have a weak grip at the end which means shit will be sliding off like no tomorrow. Who's fucking design choice was it to make the chopsticks have a gap at the end (like Japan) or a rounded end, which also leads to a small gap in the end (like China's have). Utterly retarded. Picking small or thin shit off a plate is impossible without the Korean style chopsticks.

Just stop being Fat McHamhands.
>>
>>7576511
I went to middle school with that girl.
>>
>>7576603
Dayyyumm
>>
>>7577133
Dubs have spoken. Push mowers are the way of the future!
>>
>>7580239

I don't like them for two reasons:
1) they're too short. I'm 6 foot 4; it feels like I'm eating with a child's utensils.

2) I don't like the feel of the metal.

>>Picking small or thin shit off a plate is impossible without the Korean style chopsticks.
Sounds like you're the one with Fatty McHamhands. I have no problem picking up small or thin items with any of the above, I just prefer the feel of the Chinese style.
>>
>ITT buttmad autists who've never eaten good asian food bitch about chop sticks

Literally every asian dish worth eating can be eaten with chop sticks and a spoon easier than with a knife and fork or fork and spoon.

QT korean grils are also super impressed when tall white westerners can use metal chopsticks too, it's literally the definition of a win-win.
>>
>>7578489

>not realizing most anons posting this shit are actually Americans taking the piss
>>
>>7580593
Nice try Britbong; when was the last time you heard an American use the phrase "taking the piss"?
>>
File: chopsticks.jpg (627 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
chopsticks.jpg
627 KB, 1024x576
>>
>>>/a/
>>>/jp/
>>>reddit
>>
>using sticks to eat your cat like a filthy yellow Chinaman

I seriously hope you guys don't do this
>>
>>7577120
This, I use mine whenever I'm frying something unpredictable, I can practically be in a different room.
>>
File: chopsticks2.jpg (65 KB, 1256x365) Image search: [Google]
chopsticks2.jpg
65 KB, 1256x365
>>7580239
Wait, how do they have a gap at the end?
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.