[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yesterday was the worst dinner I have ever had. I make a rule
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: recipe-irish-stew.jpg (73 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
recipe-irish-stew.jpg
73 KB, 600x350
Yesterday was the worst dinner I have ever had. I make a rule of not socializing with coworkers, and I should not have broken it. This may take 2 posts, it was THAT bad.

6 coworkers met at someone's house yesterday under the pretense of "Irish stew". I grudgingly accepted the invitation and arrived at 2 pm (when I was told to come). I brought traditional soda bread that had to be baked first. The host made a bit of a stink about using the oven when he had other things in there, but I told him I wanted it fresh.

The stew was still cooking and the host was already drinking alcohol at this time. In the middle of a conversation with a member of the opposite sex, the host tells me, "Please, no talk about politics. PLEASE not today". I said if more people talked about politics we would be in a better country, and he got very argumentative so I just dropped it.

I was drinking apple juice that I brought over and the host kept trying to get me to have a beer. He was obviously intoxicated and starting saying how maybe I would be relaxed and "cooler" if I had some alcohol. It was pathetic, like peer pressure from a high school TV show.

Anyway, at that point I became withdrawn and went for a walk. I came back right before dinner, and that is when the fun started.

He made "Irish stew" with beef, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, hot sauce, oregano, tomato, and various ingredients. I started telling others that proper Irish stew should only contain mutton, potato, onion, and water, and that beef, tomato, black pepper, hot sauce, and other ingredients would not be available then and therefore it was a modern stew, not Irish stew.

We started eating and someone asked me about what I had said about real Irish stew. The host looked annoyed so I told him. He turned red and told me if I didn't like it I could "get the fuck out and take my apple juice with me".
>>
I was shocked and speechless. He left the room and his girlfriend (they are unmarried but live together) apologized. Eventually, people started talking more comfortably and he came back and was brooding and drinking more.

The stew was okay, but not authentic. I asked him if he knew that mutton was on sale at a local store and he flew into a tirade, bringing up any small error or faux pas I have ever committed at work. People were trying to calm him down, and I simply responded to him in a quiet and calm voice, and said that I appreciated his invitation and his "take" on Irish stew, but it would have been nicer if the company had been more warm.

He got up and pulled me out of the chair, stretching my sweater at the neck. He was literally screaming in my face and had his fist up in a threatening manner.

I told him I would call the cops if he hit me. He then told me to get out and take my "fucking juice and shit bread" with him. A second loaf was still in the oven with 7 minutes left, and I said I wasn't leaving until it was cooked and I could take it.

He shouted at me to leave or he would call the cops ON ME (imagine) and then threw the bread out of the oven on the ground. I was shaking with emotions and told the group that I enjoyed my time with them but I couldn't say the same about the host.

It was a horrible affair, but I decided to make authentic Irish stew today, because I was let down yesterday and had a hankering for it. It is simmering on the stove and I plan on bringing it to lunch tomorrow, one bowl for me and some for the host. It will be a subtle form of revenge as well as a way to show him that I am a better cook and am the more mature, forgiving person.

Any other stories of hosts from hell? People who cannot act respectful towards others in their own home should not have dinner parties.
>>
LAAAME
>>
This exact same thing seems to happen to a lot of people. It's strange, I can't imagine anything like it ever happening to me.
>>
>>7575085
>>7575087
sounds like you were an autist sperging out about stew t b h. i mean you were both acting pretty immature, but its kind of rude to make fun of someones cooking when they are the host. You probably really embarrassed him in front of all those people, or that may have been what it seemed like to him. Also, you are not special for drinking apple juice instead of beer
>>
File: CTlN3rS.jpg (219 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
CTlN3rS.jpg
219 KB, 1024x576
>>7575087
>his girlfriend (they are unmarried but live together)

6.5/10 you got me to reply
>>
>>7575111
I am not an autist :( Stop calling me shit I've heard my entire adult life.
>>
>>7575111
This. Your a dick OP
>>
>>7575111
Are you grill? post tits.
>>
>>7575111
This desu. Don't do shit like this, retard.
>>
You fags haven't seen this pasta yet?
>>
Stale ass pasta.
>>
>>7575130
What pasta? This happened to me yesterday. OP here btw.
>>
>>7575085
>>7575087
>trying to steal irish stew autists shit
fuck off
>>
This is a troll post, right? This didn't actually happen, did it?
Please tell me you're trolling, OP.
>>
>>7575136
Happened yesterday. Why do people call me autist so much?
>>
fuckem dude. at least you can go to sleep knowing full well that you know your stew.
>>
>>7575140
>>7575133
>>7575120

Because you have autism.
>>
Im op and this isnt pasta at all
>>
>>7575161
No, Im op and this isnt pasta at all
>>
>>7575167
Dude stop pretending to be me.
>>
>>7575173
No I'm OP. Stop calling me autist! I am not an autist!
>>
you all need to stfu and stop this. I'M op
>>
File: 1441241890584.png (320 KB, 1903x756) Image search: [Google]
1441241890584.png
320 KB, 1903x756
Fuck off
>>
>>7575179
Don't listen to this guy. I'm the real OP and am incredibly autistic and also a grill
>>
Does Irish Stew Guy still post?
>>
OP here pls respond!
>>
File: GgkphCk.png (578 KB, 596x601) Image search: [Google]
GgkphCk.png
578 KB, 596x601
People with autism, or severe mental disorders such as retardation should be gassed tbqh.
>>
>>7575193
he died a few months ago
>>
>>7575199
He died of autism.
>>
>>7575193
haven't seen anything fresh from him in a few months, so most likely no. Then again, it's kind of a one trick pony thing.
>>
>>7575222
You saw something fresh from him a few months ago? I was sure it had been a year.
>>
>>7575085
>but I told him I wanted it fresh.
Autism speaks. Kill yourself, idiot.
>>
Why would you go to all this trouble to "troll" /ck/? Or is it a reddit copypasta?
>>
>>7575229
Months. Years. Who can tell the difference really...
>>
>90% of posters haven't been on /ck/ even three years ago

Fuck, no wonder this place fucking sucks now.
>>
Every time I come to /ck/ I cringe at how easily you fuckers fall for shit tier b8
>>
>>7575256
Almost everyone in the thread knows what this is.

If I was autistic enough to save pictures of fedoras, I'd post one now.
>>
File: 1460759409289.jpg (30 KB, 489x520) Image search: [Google]
1460759409289.jpg
30 KB, 489x520
>>7575269
Nevermind, I found one.
>>
you know, of all the pasta's i've read, this is one whose essence remains a mystery to me. its workings are a marvel. i don't know how it does it. truly exceptional.
>>
>>7575256
>muh sekrit club xD

Kill yourself
>>
>>7575087
*tips fedora*
>>
>>7575333
Wow, what an obnoxious post.
>>
>>7575085
>I was drinking apple juice that I brought over and the host kept trying to get me to have a beer. He was obviously intoxicated and starting saying how maybe I would be relaxed and "cooler" if I had some alcohol. It was pathetic, like peer pressure from a high school TV show.

hahaha holy shit this autism!

upboat
>>
>>7575359
I only summarized what I was responding to so what should that tell you
>>
>>7575193
about a month ago, could've been an imposter tho
https://warosu.org/ck/thread/S7440319
>>
>>7575366
Reported for underage.
>>
fucking newfags
>>
>>7575085
The problem was you being a cunt.
/thread
>>
>>7575366
You obviously don't understand.
>>
the only thing more pathetic than op's fake autism is the actual real autism going on in the rest of this thread
>>
>>7575111
>>7575119
>>7575125
>>7575129
>>7575136
>>7575144
>not knowing part of /ck/'s board history
Lurk moar
>>
You sound like an insufferable faggot, OP.
>>
>>7575085
Autist pasta/10
>>
>>7575085
If an Irish person makes stew it's an Irish stew. If you try to make it it will never be as authentic because you are not Irish even if you use classical ingredients.
>>
>>7575374
this is definitely an impostor

og irish stew anon didnt brag about "intelligence" and other things og ISA did it with that annoying midwest humility chip on his shoulder
>>
Jesus all these newfags
>>
xd
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.