[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is polish food so underrated. Most euroshit food is just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1460759729544.jpg (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1460759729544.jpg
1 MB, 1600x900
Why is polish food so underrated. Most euroshit food is just a bunch of slav slop but the poles have some tasty treats.

Pic related, not included but obvious mention, perogis
>>
>Polacks
>Not Slavs
>Polack food
>Not Slav slop

Sure thing Aleksy
>>
>>7575055
Slavic peoples. Slavs are the people who live in Eastern and Central Europe, the Balkans, Central Asia and North Asia . They include: Russians, Poles,Macedonians, Czechs, Serbs, Ukrainians, Belarusians, Bulgarians, Slovaks, Slovenes, Croats and Bosnians.

Weird how that works faggot
>>
>>7575065
>Slavs...include...Poles

So we're agreed that Poles are Slavs and therefore Polish food is just yet more Slav slop. So what the fuck is the OP even trying to ask? "Most euroshit food is just a bunch of slav slop but the poles have yet more slav slop."? It's a non-sequitur.
>>
I like Polish food quite a lot but I have a cultural and nationalistic bias for Hungarian food over Polish.

>>7575055
Despite being surrounded by Slavs, Hungarians aren't Slavs, at least, so there's that.
Also, Hungarians invented espresso. Ferenc Illy (or Illy Ferenc to Hungarians) took Angelo Moriondo's idea of a steam-driven coffee brewing device and condensed it to brew coffee quickly and in single servings.
I think Slavs invented turnips and crippling depression.
>>
>>7575070
Polish food is the exception here. Most euroshit food is slav slop, even though poles are slav they have good tasting and interesting food.

Thats the whole point of the thread
>>
>>7575044
>Why is polish food so underrated
>polish

if you need to ask why anything slavic is underrated you dont know shit about anything or you are a slav.
>>
>>7575089
>even though poles are slav they have good tasting and interesting food.

Nope.
>>
>>7575080
What is an example of Hungarian food? I dont think I have had any.

Didnt Italians invent esspresso
>>
>>7575089
Of all Slavs, Croatians have the best cuisine.
>>
>>7575103
Papricas, gulash. Its similar to its neighbors but has its own flare. Hungarians are descended of Magyars, so they are different from regular Slavs which is why Hungarians have different features. Same with Romanians and their different features.
>>
>>7575103
Angelo Moriondo invented the first machine that passed pressurised steam/water through coffee grounds, but it wasn't very fast and did several servings at once. Many home-style espresso machines are more similar to his design than a proper espresso machine.
Ference Illy improved on that, made it smaller, faster and upped its pressure, creating modern espresso.

Hungarian food is distinct from its neighbours in several ways, most notably its use of bell peppers/paprika and love of chilies.
Another thing that sets it apart is crusty/crunchy, airy white sourdough, similar to what is eaten in Italy. The rest of central Europe eats softer breads, usually based on grains other than plain wheat.

Finally, Hungarian sausages > Polish sausages.
>>
>>7575152
>implying hungarians aren't magyars
The damned word for Hungarians in Hungarian is 'magyarok,' literally "Magyars." And Magyars are not Slavs. Technically, Hungarians are Asians, originating from the Urals and the Caucasus. For fuck's sake, like Asians, Hungarians put family name first and given name second. If Mr and Mrs Gabor have a child and name him Attila, in Hungary, he would be called Gabor Attila rather than Attila Gabor, just as Mr. and Mrs. Ching's son, Chong, would be called Ching Chong in Hong Kong rather than Chong Ching.
>>
>>7575044
>Most euroshit food is just a bunch of slav slop
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>7575070
>therefore Polish food is just yet more Slav slop
That actually wasn't inferred.
>>
I made the best cabbage rolls of my life yesterday. I've cooked this meal probably thirty times but yesterday I finally cracked the code - oatmeal and brown sugar. Not brown sugar-flavored oatmeal, but a cup of plain oatmeal with roughly a teaspoon of brown sugar added to the bowl of meat/rice/onion/garlic mixture. The original recipe was shown to me two years ago by a fifty-eight-year-old Polish chef who was born in Krakow, survived the Holocaust and emigrated to the US as a small child. It always came out great using the directions he taught me but I always felt like it needed something more. yesterday I realized what that something was and it was the best meal I've had in months. I know Germans like to occasionally add oats to their meats but is it common in Poland as well?
>>
What are some popular polish dishes?
I was made fun of for my polish last name in high school so I'd like to find some pride in my heritage lol.
>>
>>7575683
Bigos, pierogi, pyzy, schabowe, zrazy, gołąbki, all kinds of kiełbasa, babka ziemniaczana, żurek, homemade cheesecake (more flour, less butter;not looking close to any cheesecakes I saw in the movies), pączki and holidays' dishes (look it up by yourself)
It's hard to tell more, we love our cuisine but thanks to the media and iron curtain we eat the same as any western country.
>>
>>7575456
>two years ago by a fifty-eight-year-old Polish chef who was born in Krakow, survived the Holocaust and emigrated to the US as a small child
so he is 60 y/o now. WWII endet 1945, which was 71 years ago. nah, something doesn´t add up
>>
File: 1445999248960.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1445999248960.png
13 KB, 418x359
>tfw doing erasmus year in italy
>tfw italian mate had a polish gf
>tfw they would invite me regularly to ther flat
>tfw polish gf would always cook traditional polish dishes and we would drink italian wine with it

Why can't I go back ;_;
>>
>>7575683
Name?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.