[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Five Guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Five-Guys.jpg (222 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Five-Guys.jpg
222 KB, 640x427
I'm going to Five Guys for the first time ever in about an hour

What should I get
>>
>>7574385

A second mortgage before you go.
>>
>>7574385
In-n-Out
>>
A refund.
>>
Overpriced burger. Had one with a friend and I wasn't all that impressed for how much it was.
>>
>>7574397
Poor pleb detected
>>
>>7574397
>>7574388
Is it really that expensive? how much is alike a classic cheeseburger
>>
Get a shit ton of wet naps because everything will be coated in grease. But honestly, it's a bit overpriced for what it is but it can still be satisfying. Don't skimp on the toppings that's probably the best part. If you're not a lard get the smallest fries they offer because they'll shovel two cups into the bag anyway, they basically drown everything in fries.
>>
>>7574385
Go to shake shack instead you son of a dog
>>
>>7574400

Double cheese, fries, and a drink will run you $13 - $15.
>>
>>7574410
Alright but is it like a sit down restaurant, do you tip? or do you order up front
>>
>>7574398

I guess. I spent the same at a local place on a burger the same size and it tasted better. It's overpriced because I didn't enjoy it at its cost.
>>
>>7574412
>do you tip?
>at five guys
No man. You don't need to tip. It's like buying from any fast food place. They have seating but it's not a "sit down restaurant". There's no servers they just take your order and then hand it to you from the counter when it's ready.
>>
>>7574410
>$13-15
I thought it was more like 8-10 bucks when I went.
>>
>>7574437
Because it is and we just had dramafag exaggerate the price.
>>
>>7574437
I go to 5 Guys about once a week.

My order: little bacon cheeseburger, little fries, and a regular soda. I'm usually out $12 for that.

>>7574385
OP, the first time I went to 5 Guys, I didn't think it was anything special. A week later, the cravings began.
>>
>>7574470
>cravings

It's okay but cravings? Naw famalam. It ain't that good.
>>
>>7574474
I was in the burger wasteland of South Carolina at the time, after 5 years in the even bigger burger wasteland of Japan. So, my perspective may have been a bit skewed. But yeah, cravings.
>>
What's something of equivalent quality to 5 Guys that's cheaper, in the areas where 5 Guys are located?
>>
>>7574502
McDonalds
>>
>>7574508
Ahaha no, McDolans is trash tier.
>>
>>7574502
Arby's is better and cheaper
>>
>>7574508
Shut up u cunt

>>7574529
Arby's is better? ehhh
>>
File: nice bro I is laffin.jpg (53 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
nice bro I is laffin.jpg
53 KB, 474x595
>>7574388
>>
File: habit.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1291) Image search: [Google]
habit.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1291
>>7574502

Best burger on earth.

Westcoast only I think...
>>
>>7574525
>>7574538
No, it is literally better than Five Guys in every single way

Burgers are better
Fries are better
Shakes are better

You're a moron with shit taste (well, this is /ck/ afterall...) if you don't think so
>>
>>7574555
Arby's is better than McDonald's
>>
>>7574437
that's probably cause you only got a burger. I went recently and it was 8 bucks to get a burger, 2 bucks for fries and a drink is another 2 dollars, so yeah 5 guys is around 12-13 bucks for something that would be 6-8 bucks as a combo meal in any other fast food restaurant.
>>
>>7574437
If you don't get the drink, yea.

The fries have an excellent price, as long as you go for the tiny size, [spoiler]they give you a fucking handful for "tiny"[/spoiler], the classic burger has a decent price, especially with the all-ins, but the real rip-off is the drink.

$3 for a medium sized cup that'll cost you 50 cents at McDonalds.
>>
Holy shit the outright lies here. It's like $8 and why would you ever get a drink? Soda is trash and you should have better beverages at home.

Stay pleb, nerds.
>>
>>7574555
Shakes are definitely not better so you're already full of shit in my eyes.

>>7574558
We're talking about Arbys vs 5 Guys you silly retard.
>>
>>7574785
Arby's is better than Five Guys
>>
daily reminder that jack in the box has the best value burger that actually tastes decent
>>
>>7574756
>why would you ever get a drink?
So you don't choke on the kilo of salt you're consuming?
>>
>>7574410
five years ago I got a single cheese and just fries and it was 14
>>
>>7574502
Jack in the Box, In-N-Out, Baker's Drive thru, Farmer Boys, probably some hole in the wall diner near you.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.