[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frozen Food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (783 KB, 2417x2069) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
783 KB, 2417x2069
Let's discuss some good ole /degenerate/ food.

I eat out too much and I'm too lazy to cook for the weekdays, figured why not just start eating frozen food and at least save some money instead of paying upward of $10 a meal
>>
>>7574232

frozen food is more expensive. you aren't saving money you are just being a lazy fuck.

you could have 3 pizzas from scratch for the cost of the box of hotpockets
>>
>>7574239
This. Just learn how to cook and you'll save money and learn some sick skillz.
>>
>>7574244

>just learn how to cook

This. It's not that OP is too lazy to cook, it's that he doesn't know how to cook and is too lazy to learn.

Learn to cook, OP.
>>
>>7574239
I'm saying it's cheaper than eating out.

I vaguely know how to cook but I lack the drive to prepare packed lunches for the weekdays that are more elegant than a sandwich and a packaged snack. I do cook on the weekends though
>>
>>7574232
I'm not gonna be a faggot like these other faggots and come into threads and being off topic, so I'll give you a response that is on topic with what you asked OP

Honestly frozen food get's old fast, it's no replacement even for fast food/take out/restaurants....they just haven't figured out how to make frozen food delicious yet

A hot pocket, pot pie, party pizza, frozen burrito, etc etc every now and again isn't bad when you're in a pinch or drunk, but honestly after day 2 of eating it you'll be sick of it and it will taste like nothing but salt and bread

I eat out a lot too, frozen food just doesn't cut the mustard, if I had to say which frozen food had the best overall quality it's frozen chicken tenders and frozen fries/tater tots/onion rings, that's probably the best frozen food meal you'll eat
>>
>>7574259

>come to /ck/
>i want to save money
>i dont cook because i am lazy
>here is a picture of a hotpocket

i hope you get aids faggot
>>
>>7574262

>"i'm not going to give you a reason not to eat fast food like all these other off topic faggots"
>proceeds to give a reason not to eat fast food
>>
I only eat cold prepared foods. Just things I have to stick in the fridge or freezer, keep on the "pantry" shelf, open and eat.
>>
>>7574274
Most frozen meals cost less than ten dollars, you fucking goo gobbling 'mo, he would indeed be saving lots of money by switching to frozen food as opposed to eating out
>>
>>7574276
Fast food is good, frozen food is not.

In a week I could eat burgers, tacos, chinese, pizza, a sub, fried chicken, and chili dogs.....all drive through or delivery, one for dinner each day, and be completely satisfied

I don't go to that extreme, but I easily could, I could not however go each day of the week where my main meal is frozen food, I think fast food gets old after a number of weeks of binging on it....frozen food gets old after a number of days
>>
>>7574295
Well now, aren't you a regular Gordon Ramsey?
>>
>>7574284

i can get a full meal, chips and salsa and three beers at a mexican restaurant for $10

i could make lunch for a week for $10

enjoy your hotpocket nigger
>>
>>7574308
>i can get a full meal, chips and salsa and three beers at a mexican restaurant for $10

OP literally said that he eats out regularly usually paying 10 dollars or more, you just proved his point

>i could make lunch for a week for $10
He said specifically that he doesn't want to cook

>enjoy your hotpocket nigger
I literally just said I don't enjoy much frozen food, or at least not on a regular basis

You are the definition of a shitposter
>>
File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (907 KB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
907 KB, 5312x2988
>>7574274
Thank you for your contribution.

Tell me what I should add to my freezer. Under the blueberries is more frozen fruit I use for smoothies and the brown bag has frozen chicken breast.
>>
>>7574232
No such thing as a good frozen meal.
>>
>>7574312

>i dont want to eat out
>i dont want to make food
>i dont like frozen food
>halp me plz you dumb shitposters
>>
Just buy bread, deli meat, fruits, vegetables, and condiments, and make fucking sandwiches.

So much better and cheaper than microwave frozen garbage.
>>
>>7574313

just get a couple handles of cheap rum and drink liquor for lunch. its probably healthier than a hotpocket diet and you will lose weight if you don't chase it.
>>
>>7574330

>you will lose weight if you don't chase it

I usually just have vodka for lunch, otherwise eat healthy, and don't drink anything else besides water.

Trust me, there's a lot of calories in hard alcohol.
>>
>>7574334

8 shots of liquor for lunch is equivalent to two hotpockets
>>
>>7574334
Fuck, /ck/ is depressing as hell.
I just came here to learn cooking tips...
>>
>>7574346

This >>7574340 actually makes people who eat over-processed frozen and fast food seem much more depressing than the alcoholics.
>>
Cooking takes excessive amounts of time
>>
>>7574340
There's still some nutrients mixed in with the grease from hot pockets.
Liquor is the definition of empty calories
>>
>>7574329
For some reason sandwiches made in the home never taste as good as one made for you and wrapped
>>
>>7574439

its the secret sauce they use at mcdonalds. hard to recreate that at home.
>>
>>7574259
Nothing wrong with a good sandwich
>>
>>7574239
Should I make my own crust or buy pre-made crusts?
If I somehow managed to not fuck up making a bunch of home-made pizza sauce, could I put it in a jar and keep it in my fridge for a week or two?
Also are there crusts that can be made without a bread machine?
>>
>>7574439

It's because you pay 20X more to have someone wrap it for you.
>>
>>7574476

>without a bread machine

All you need is a bowl or even a pot, flour, water, yeast, salt, sugar if you want to but it's completely unnecessary. It's not difficult at all, just watch a few youtube videos on how to make pizza dough and after a few tries you will learn how to make perfect dough without even measuring anything, I go by the "titty technique" myself.
>>
>>7574476

the sauce should last a while in the fridge, at least a week. if you have a bunch you can freeze the rest and it will last for months.

pizza dough is super simple to make you don't need any fancy equipment. if you are lazy you can get premade doughs and just roll them out yourself and tell everyone you made it.
>>
>>7574484
Alright, cool. My mom always used a bread machine to make homemade pizza so I figured that's how it had to be.
Have to give it a whirl, I can't stand the thought of eating another frozen pizza. It took several thousand pizzas and over two decades, but I am sick of frozen pizza.
>>
>>7574526

frozen pizza is total shit.

literally anything you make by yourself even if you fuck it up is going to be cheaper and taste better.
>>
>>7574439
Speak for yourself fuckboy
>>
File: marie.jpg (850 KB, 3318x2212) Image search: [Google]
marie.jpg
850 KB, 3318x2212
Some frozen food is pretty good.
>>
File: swiss.jpg (84 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
swiss.jpg
84 KB, 1024x683
>>7574799
>>
File: pan.jpg (160 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pan.jpg
160 KB, 1600x1200
>>7574804
Dumplings especially, though I've had better luck with perogies more than Asian things like gyoza, the wrappers they use are chewy as hell.

I tried making them at home once and it was exhausting.
>>
File: quiche.jpg (160 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
quiche.jpg
160 KB, 1024x683
>>7574833
>>
>>7574262
I grew up like this. Mom couldn't be bothered to learn how to cook despite having nothing better to do with her time and dad, despite also not knowing how to cook really was busy keeping a roof over everyone's head so I can't blame him. So it ended up being frozen or boxed meals all the time and no one to teach me to cook I had to go with it. It fits indeed become very tiresome.
Then ~16 I got a job at a restaurant, worked up from dishwasher to line cook, learned some basic skills plus Italian recipes and then we, considering our previous situation, started eating like kings. Then I moved out and it was back to the same old crap for them. I try to come over weekends and cook for them and you'd be surprised how much my old man raves over easy shit like chicken parm.
Frozen food is shit, you feel like shit eating it and honestly basic recipes taste way better and are cheaper than frozen food. Plus there's leftovers, maybe OP should consider batch cooking on his weekends
>>
>>7575032
In regards to batch cooking, I've done breakfast sandwiches and individually wrapped them. Chili, pasta sauce, and soups are all decent things to cook in huge batches then freeze in portion sizes. I usually eat the breakfast sandwiches within the week that I made them, but I find anything that simmers for a long time and has a decent amount of liquid to it isn't too adversely effected by the freezing process. Doesn't beat freshly cooked but it's damn close and is way better than a hot pocket
>>
>>7575032
>>7575061
I've tried a couple times but i always end up throwing a bit of it out since I made too much or got sick of it
>>
>>7574313

you should take everything out and clean your freezer first, anon.

Post pics of your bathroom now.
>>
>>7575076
Frozen soups, stews, chili, etc. should last at least a couple of months in the freezer if properly packed. Shoot for 6-10 leftover portions that you freeze, and maybe do a different batch every other week. It's not a total replacement and you don't need to eat the same thing for a week for dinner.
If you plan on fast food/frozen food for a lot of your meals then that's fine, that's you man. But I'm just saying this could change up your diet a little bit and give you better quality food
>>
>>7575135
By properly packed I mean in Tupperware with as little air in the container as possible, and frozen as soon as possible. Get a pack with the individual sized containers, cook shit and have at it man
>>
>>7575150
Also anything with noodles, i.e. chicken noodle soup the noodles will get mushy as a heads up
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.