[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jambalaya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Jambalaya-14.jpg (480 KB, 576x864) Image search: [Google]
Jambalaya-14.jpg
480 KB, 576x864
Gimme your experiences with this dish, /ck/.

What do you think of shrimpless? Am I a heathen for abstaining from ocean bugs? What about a more Spanish style, ie w/ mole?
>>
Spaniards don't eat mole.
You can omit shrimp,
>>
>>7573873
It's fine make it anyway you want it doesn't have to original. I mean if you put it on a menu and people expect the original you gonna need the shrimpers but if you cook for yourself it doesn't matter. If you cook for more people it's easy to make 2 versions because the shrimp is added last anyways.
>>
looks like gumbo
>>
>>7573901
jamalaya and paella are totally different... nice try tho
>>
>>7573901

The recipe was taken to the US by European immigrants, idiot.
>>
>>7573901
Oh look! Another American pretending to be something other than American fishing for Guaranteed Replies™! Hi, Amerifriend! How are you this evening?
>>
Cajun here. Growing up in south Louisiana we eat a lot of this shit. Usually brown cubed pork until it's REALLY brown (this serves as the basis of the dish's color), then add chicken and sausage, then the cajun holy trinity (onion, celery, green bell pepper, i like to add mushrooms and garlic). Then you have to basically cook the rice in the pot with it. The best ratio is 7 cups chicken stock per 4 cups long grain rice
>>
>>7573911
Lel absolutely blown the FUCK out
>>
>>7573890
It's not far off to say jambalaya is gumbo with rice cooked in it to soak up all the liquid.
>>
>>7573873
Jambalaya always looks greasy as fuck, and the rice always looks overcooked. Amiwrong? I watched that John Besh youtube video of jambalaya and almost threw up in mouth from the amount of grease he used.
>>
>>7574092

The grease from the sausage is enough, I'm not sure what recipes you've used. I really only eat Cajun jambalaya (chicken and sausage), that creole garbage is for alcoholics and tourists.
>>
>>7574092
I've had it many times and it's never once been greasy--not even close, really. Though I suppose that depends on who's making it?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.