[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alcoholism thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: I-am-alcohol.jpg (14 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
I-am-alcohol.jpg
14 KB, 600x434
How are you holding up?
>>
>>7573692
Am hungover.
>>
germany here ... just started drinking after work. 8 beers (0,5L each) to come.
>>
>>7573703
OP here, I can't drink because I'm suppose to start working soon.
Do you plan to stop there?
>>
Hungover from yesterday's two liters of merlot
>>
>>7573704
have nothing else left in the house, guess I'm passing out after all the beers anyway. so yes I guess.
>>
File: 0934566.png (452 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
0934566.png
452 KB, 640x480
I've been sober for 3 months. Got a new job that pays well. I've been flirting with a girl I work with a little bit. I'll probably ask her out soon. When I quit drinking I started working out every morning and I've been eating healthy. It feels like my body and mind are beginning to recover.

That was a dream I had last night. I woke up with a large gash on my leg and the whole thing feels numb. I puked all over the floor and covered it up with pieces of cardboard. Can't find my phone
>>
>>7573692

Surprisingly not hung over at all. Drank slightly better quality wine than usual last night. Must have made a difference.. .OTOH I didn't reach the get-off point, either, so fuck that...
>>
drinking a bottle of cheap red, because I'm poor as shit.
>>
>>7573692
I fell off the wagon. Or got back on the wagon. I'm not sure, whichever means that I'm drunk after a few months sober. I want to die.
>>
>working 4-5 days a week for the first time in 3 years
>have a ton of free money
>literally just spend it on beer and drinking more than ever
>need new clothes but cant be fucked buying any
>still losing weight because really physical job
don't even know how to feel. beats being a neet if only because my mum doesnt bug me anymore.
im just waiting for my shoulder or wrist to give in and i cant do this work anymore then im fucked because im not qualified for anything other than manual labour and hospitality and i have chronic anxiety.
>>
gonna drink some beer and then maybe juice and vodka
>>
3 beers in ... starting too feel free
>>
I hope you're all gonna make it
>>
>>7573765
I'm not sure I want to make it anymore
>>
File: Trump 2.0.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Trump 2.0.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
NO DRUGS
NO ALCOHOL
NO CIGARETTES
>>
Payday today, no work either. Been sober for a week so I'm waiting for the Liquor Store to open then I'll probably pick up some Canadian Club and a 12 case. Gotta do some shopping today before I get too messed up.

>Captcha: Select all sandwiches.
>They're all fucking hamburgers.
>>
>>7573771
this

I have nothing to live for. might as well have a good time steering towards the end
>>
File: lemonjelly-losthorizons_sml.jpg (145 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lemonjelly-losthorizons_sml.jpg
145 KB, 500x500
>>7573771
>>7573778
Every depression is different but what seems to help with all of them is, you have to distract yourself from the bad thoughts. Listen to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI
It's full of good advice. And listen to more positive and relaxing music. Pic related (skip experiment number six).
If you have time, buy a puppy, eg. a Greater Swiss mountain dog, they're loyal, trusting and adaptive.
At the end of the day, you have to find your own distraction, and one that's not booze. But remember, if everything went according to plan, life would be boring.
Good luck m8lads
>>
1500 excess calories a day from cheap wine - fat as fuck
>>
Watching cute Chinese girl cartoons will help. At the same time, Chinese girl cartoons are better with alcohol.
>>
>>7573790
I don't have time ... I'm a alcoholic. I'm not awake or sleeping. I've been deep down and up above. I know what is going on. I live a happy life, until I'll decide to end this ride :-) .
>>
>>7573795
>tfw downloaded a bunch a bunch of anime a week or so ago
>they've sat on my harddrive untouched
I can't motivate myself to watch them. I can't even bring myself to indulge in weab escapism. I used to enjoy things like video games, anime, books, etc. I can't really remember what that felt like anymore.
>>
>>7573790

I like that album
>>
>almost cleaned out all my beer
>only a couple of sips of vodka left otherwise
I planned this out poorly, I'm not even buzzing yet
>>
>>7573772
lmao faggg, life's gotta have some vices
>>
>>7573834
at least you wont be withdrawing for a while
>>
>>7573851
I don't know how I'm going to sleep though. I can't remember the last time I actually went to sleep and didn't just blackout. I thought I had another fifth of vodka but I guess I drank it?
>>
>>7573854
benadryl (generic is diphenhydramine) is over the counter and works well. ive used that over the years many a time
>>
haven't drank in 13 days. First week i felt like i was underwater most of the time, and only slept 2-3 hours per night, waking up every 45 min. or so. This week has been better, I occasionally find myself actually "feeling good" and find that i dont get as upset about stupid shit that doesn't matter. And it's friday and I'm fantisizing about getting a handle of vodka for the freezer and chugging it, chasing it with some of that clear american strawberry water from walmart. But I won't do that cause it's got to the point where i feel like a hot bag of trash left on the side of the road in the rain when i wake up with a hangover. oh well who cares lmao :D
>>
>>7573836
He probably watched degenerate pron like everyone else on 4chan
>>
>>7573836
Enjoy the inevitable misery.
>>
>>7573947
Sounds like me at that point. You're at the hardest part by far. Even if you relapse the fact you tried will give you a higher goal to aim for next time.
>>
Drove drunk last week and got stopped by the cops. Instant loss of license, bus for me to work now. Have to go to court and get rekt by a magistrate soon.

My fault, I'm a loser for getting behind the wheel. I blew an insane reading that will most likely see me off the road for 12 months or longer + fines

Any of you lost your license for the same thing?
>>
Wallowing in self-pity is /r9k/ content, not /ck/ content.

>>>/r9k/
>>
File: 1460628673226.jpg (87 KB, 246x374) Image search: [Google]
1460628673226.jpg
87 KB, 246x374
why would someone get addicted to alcohol?
>>
>>7574007
no, because i'm not retarded.

always save money for the cab ride home or kick rocks, fagget.
>>
>>7574007
>I blew an insane reading
What was your score? I blew a .95 at a party where some guy brought a breathalyzer. I was going for 1% but I passed out. I certainly wasn't attempting to drive.
>>
Shits spiraling out of control for me, I need to get a handle on this now or I feel like life is just going to pass me by until I drink myself dead.
>>
>>7574056
Because alcohol is awesome
>>
File: KDwQNzD.jpg (35 KB, 612x479) Image search: [Google]
KDwQNzD.jpg
35 KB, 612x479
>>7574089
>alcohol is awesome
>>
File: tfwnolegs.jpg (46 KB, 363x481) Image search: [Google]
tfwnolegs.jpg
46 KB, 363x481
>>7574138
alcohol would be a pretty bad thing, if it wasn't so terrible to be alive
>>
File: 1453074536230.jpg (94 KB, 523x456) Image search: [Google]
1453074536230.jpg
94 KB, 523x456
Does anyone have a cure or at least methods for lessening their anxiety?

I've been tracking my actions and intake, and the symptoms seem to hit harder after more-unhealthy meals, masturbation, lack of physical activity, and usually two and three days after opiate use.

Other than water and my daily supplements, I try to exercise at least every other day, keep masturbation to once a week (hopefully, but I usually slip that one up), and try to keep my weekday nightly drink count under 10 (also slip that one up). Also small meals that avoid white flour, sugar, excess grease, or being meat-centric.

Anyone in the same boat or have any ideas?
>>
>>7573703
What brand?
I've sunk so low as to drink cheap Lidl "beer". Can't pace myself with anything stronger than beer and I'm normally quite nicely drunk after 3 liters.
>>
File: iECVP.jpg (51 KB, 454x600) Image search: [Google]
iECVP.jpg
51 KB, 454x600
>>7573710
I almost stopped reading because I dislike stories of sober people that seem to have made it.
>>
>>7574311
Isn't that shit like, 2% alcohol? Making it the alcoholic equivalent of licking the outside of a keg?
>>
why are you killing yourselves bros
>>
File: leo.jpg (29 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
leo.jpg
29 KB, 440x440
im drunk now lads
>>7574392
we're all dying just by living
>>
>>7574396
We're all dying to live.
>>
>>7574402
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXmDZkle9GI
>>
>>7574396
>we're all dying just by living
no need to speed it up
>>
>>7573692
just broke 7 days of being sober, oh well might as well get drunk as hell now.
>>
>>7574423
>no need to speed it up
no need to delay it either there's no need for anything.
but anyway i think you misunderstand the concept of addiction.
>>
Watched Leaving Las Vegas after it was mentioned last thread.

I have to say it made me feel extremely uncomfortable. I had to watch it in two parts. I know I'm not that bad or anywhere near it but thinking I'm on that track is embarrassing as fuck.
>>
>>7574846
Smashed is another decent alcoholic movie
>>
>>7573692
Was doing alright, was down to a six pack after work. Bottle shop next to work stopped selling any canned Whiskey and Dry. I really don't like mixing with coke so I bought a magnum of Johnny Walker. Drank half of it yesterday, finishing it off now.
>>
File: 1457528840783.gif (987 KB, 229x176) Image search: [Google]
1457528840783.gif
987 KB, 229x176
>>7574007
I drive drunk since 7 years. Absolutely never had any problem with anyone.
Years ago i got drunk as funk. Cops arrest us, im the driver. autistic cops use breathalyzer.
>Anon, what did you drink ?
>hm, 2 or 3 glass of wine I guess
> its ok but let your friend drive the car please.
>yes sir
MFW (pic related) i drank at least 3 bottles of wine !!!
I still wonder why the fuck he didnt arrest me.
>>
Holy fuck, I thought I was bad because I'd put away 4 cans of beer or sometimes a bottle of wine per night. But after reading this thread...
I had no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes...
>>
>>7574925
kek.
cant really sleep in peace without anxiety if i dont drink at least the equivalent (i drink beer) of minimum 2.5 bottle of wine.
Remember i started with 1/2 bottle of wine, you re on the way man
>>
>>7574942
Not any fucking more I'm not.
>>
Im visiting family and was doing ok..then I finally had a few drinks last night and they probably think im an alcohol now. I was actually kind of drunk but didnt do anything stupid at least. Tonight im going to attempt to stay sober but ive already had 4 beers of some shitty icehouse beer. What do yall do to keep yourselves from drinking? the only reason I dont drink for long periods of time is if I have the company of a woman that doesnt drink.
>>
File: 1460673112681.jpg (60 KB, 362x519) Image search: [Google]
1460673112681.jpg
60 KB, 362x519
>>7573692
>have dad
>he's an ex-navy seal
>a bit emotionally absent
>used to drink a lot
>for some reason it has gotten worse in the past couple of years
>came home from work at 3:00 and grabbed a beer
>told him it wasn't 6:00 yet jokingly
>he said "It doesn't have to be. I had a stressful day at work."
>going to get sloshed tonight

I just want my dad back.
>>
>>7575072
i believe you
>>
File: B7lMbBICcAAy7vb.png (297 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
B7lMbBICcAAy7vb.png
297 KB, 512x384
>>7574925
If I dont drink, i get pretty bad night sweats and tend to wake up multiple times.

i usually kill 12 drinks a night plus. So much money. Ive been blacking out and wetting the bed recently too. My gains at the gym have stagnated.
My car is so marked up from driving drunk, usually blacked out. Thank god i never killed anyone.
Ive embarrassed myself at nearly every party ive been to in the past two years.

suicidal thoughts literally every day. Everything is just so gray and the future seems boring.
>>
I drank half a bottle of Jameson the other night and I didn't even realize I did until the next day. I love being drunk but I feel like I'll slowly lose control and slip into addiction.
>>
>>7573772
He says he doesn't drink because his brother was an alcoholic, but he owns a winery and a vodka distillery. I always thought that was massively hypocritical. Like refusing to own a gun, but being fine with owning a gun shop.
>>
>>7574242
The only thing that's going to rid that is to stop drinking completely. Was a hard drinker for ten years, quit for three months and started to feel pretty good. Some shit in my life got me back on the bottle, and I'm back to having the shakes, anxiety, and light headedness at work when I must be sober.
Really the only way is to go clean anon, trust me after the first couple of weeks it feels great
>>
Anyone here just drinks to avoid thinking and to look for mind peace ?
I used to smoke weed for years and when i couldnt smoke it anymore because of psychotic issues i started to drink hard.
what the fuck can i do, except to kill myself
>>
File: 1460571842878.jpg (5 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
1460571842878.jpg
5 KB, 219x230
>>7575110
half a bottle ?
3 days ago I drink a whole bottle in 5 hours and because i didnt feel drunk enough, i bought 1.5 bottle of wine.
Just fucking kill me
>>
>>7575230
You gotta face that shit man, as much as it may suck. I was/am the same way. I quit for a while but it's an escape not a solution. I'm back drinking and am in the same shitty position I was, it's not going to go away until you face it.
>>
File: 1383157876579.jpg (41 KB, 283x281) Image search: [Google]
1383157876579.jpg
41 KB, 283x281
>>7573710
Jesus Christ, bro.
>>
>>7574925
Talk to me when you drink 8-12 beers and a half liter of vodka a night, it gets up there gradually and trust me it's a bitch when you realize how bad it's gotten but just can't stop
>>
>>7573692
Trying quit because of gaining a lot of weight. But I always keep coming back.Why is so hard to quit?
>>
not an alcky, but just thought I'd let al/ck/ know I've got some Gran Duque d'Alba brandy and some Benedictine :DDD Will be delicious.

cheers mates
>>
Is this /ck/'s /r9k/ general?
>>
>>7575292
Withdrawals at work are a bitch too, I just explain that I drink too much coffee and that's why I'm always shaky and jumpy at work. I suspect they know the real reason.
>>
>>7575253
You r right, heavily drinking is just an escape, but an escape to what exactly
>>
>>7575299
You are in 'alcoholism thread" in case you forgot it,
Its not about r9k or what
>>
So I drank the last of my vodka about an hour ago, and just now I finished off my whiskey. Now all I have left is a bottle and a half of wine, which sucks because I will have to drink it fast for it to actually do anything. I don't know what I'll do after that. Maybe go to sleep, maybe make a midnight run to the deli.
>>
Really bad. I broke my ankle, so I'm on pretty strong painkillers, but as I can't walk without crutches my girlfriend has been looking after me, and I can't drink as she won't let me mix booze and painkillers, but cos I can't do anything myself I have to go with it.

Really craving some Marble Arch Manchester Bitter, Lagonda, Dobber and Earl Grey. Love marble beers.
>>
>>7575321
you can drink beer with painkillers. what do they have you on?
>>
>>7575309
An escape from feeling bad to feeling good.

It's not that complicated.
>>
>>7575315
You should probably stop drinking.
>>
>>7575335
fuck up bitch
>>
>>7575325

Prescription Codeine. On the box warns against drinking alcohol with them. I'm not arsed, but my girlfriend, who is my current sole provider of all my food and drink has said she doesn't want me being an idiot and drinking and taking painkillers.

Doesn't help that the snapped ankle was drink related as well :(
>>
>>7575335
wow thanks m8 good advice, are you an psychologist :DD
>>
>>7575369
>Doesn't help that the snapped ankle was drink related as well
No I guess that doesn't help, but seriously I've drank while taking codeine before, you'll be fine with just beer.
>>
>>7575385

Yeah, she is having none of it though. And I can't be a dick and moan about it as she has really looked after me. I'll try again tomorrow.
>>
Is alcoholism a disease?
>>
>>7575401
no its the consequence of psy disease
>>
>>7575399
so story tyme. how exactly DID you break your ankle? I've never broken anything before, so this kind of thing always fascinates me.
>>
>>7574007
well, on the plus side, at least you didn't hurt yourself or anyone else in a wreck. You'll get over the DUI. It's not a felony or a life-ruining issue.
>>
got a promotion at work which requires me to be in at 630am every morning. i thought the pay raise would cause me to be drinking a lot more, but fortunately i'm tired out enough that i've been cut down to weekends essentially. this is awesome, i can afford to buy top shelf liquor now instead of downing bottom shelf vodka every night. feeling happy for the first time in a long time.
>>
4 months I lasted without drinking.
I think it's been 2 weeks now.

If you're drinking a lot, don't quit. The nightmares aren't worth it, and you'll probably end up drinking a few months later anyway.
>>
>>7575294
because alcohol is one of the most addictive drugs.

been trying to cut myself back to drinking only a six pack every other day, but failing. by 24 hours no alchy start feeling pretty sick. fixing to grill up a steak as my meal of the day and get started on my 3rd straight night of drinking. gotta love that irish/native american blood.
>>
Tfw I'm uptight, awkward around others, grumpy and barely seem to hold enough energy to act interested in other people's stories

>tfw I drink and become the absolute opposite of these things plus productive with my writing project I'm doing atm
>all these things are what I want to be when I'm sober
>when I'm fucked up that's the real me, fucked up that's the real me
>>
>>7575309
For me it was a lot of shit piled up, and instead of facing it like a man I ran away from it by drinking myself into oblivion. Sometimes that would end up in drunk texting one of my sources and blowing shit up worse when I should have left it alone and kept on keeping on. Trust me it only makes shit worse and the decisions you make while drunk will affect your sober self for the worse. The worst part of being an alcoholic is facing your drunk decisions in the sober light of day. That and the withdrawals, it's not fucking worth it man.
>>
>>7575471
>cut myself back to drinking only a six pack every other day
I find its impossible to do an every other night kind of thing, if I don't have something in my body every day I'm fucked. I usually try to restrict times I'm allowed to drink. Right now it's 6pm to 10pm, but I keep getting to midnight and I'm still drinking.
>>
File: 1460770456861-244013923.jpg (692 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1460770456861-244013923.jpg
692 KB, 2048x1152
Payday I live large, with diminishing returns, I text freinds and family to seem normal and healthy. Come monday I will want to die.
>>
>>7575568
Oh fuck, I used to smoke smooths. I quit smoking about 7 years ago. Still dream about it, but it's easier to stay quit than drinking. I figure if I make it to 80 I'll start smoking again.
>>
stopped drinking a few months ago but worried i gave myself nerve damage. i drank about a mickey + 2 tall cans every night for a year period, then for the next 2 years drank about a 6pack 5/7 days a week.

loss of sensitivity on certain areas of my body + my organs seem to behaving differently, as well as my arms seem to fall asleep every night , but i cant tell if its because im sleeping on them. it never happens when im awake but almost every time i wake up.

anyone else worried they gave themselves some permenant damage from alcohol? how much and how long did you drink?
>>
>>7575578
I don't think a 6 pack 5 days a week caused any nerve damage honestly.
>>
>>7575568
Ugh texting while drunk has gotten me into more trouble than it's worth, I turn my damn phone off while drinking now. Too much shit that I'm not in the mental state to deal with comes out while drunk texting.
>>
>>7575581

what about a 375 ml of 40% + 2 tall cans every day for a year? also drank close to a 750 ml of 40% on saterdays
>>
>>7575578
I've drank for a long time and I get tingling and numbness in my fingers from time to time. Dunno if it's carpal tunnel due to working with my hands or not. But I can feel some organs hurting after a particularly hard binge, and my digestive system is all fucked up. Generally I don't feel well, and I don't think it's permanent yet but I think it will be after enough time
>>
>>7575588
Dude I drink like 500 ml of 80 proof and anywhere from 8-16 beers usually on a daily basis.
>>
>>7575600

whats a long time ? tingling and numbness in the fingers/foot is a sign of nerve damage from drinking man. not tryin to preach but you should possibly take it easy / cut down. i know personally how shitty it is to stop after being used to drinking all the time but after a few months you will feel alot better
>>
>>7575609

body size plays a role though. im only 5'8. Ive read dudes who are alot bigger are less effected by alcohols negative effects on the body.

i also think thats why women are much more negatively effected by much less alcohol
>>
>>7575609
Worst I got was drinking a liter of vodka and half a 30 pack with a buddy and was the most coherent one in the place. Also I'm only 5'7 and like 150 pounds and could drink dudes twice my size under the table
>>
>>7575611
About ten years, 6 of them real hard daily drinking
>>
>>7575611
And also I quit drinking for three months but stuff turned me back to the bottle. I realize that I either quit or I'm getting off this ride real quick
>>
>>7575619
I'm smaller than you
>>
>>7575635

>when will they learn?
>>
After drinking a 6 of 8% beer for a long time I started getting this weird thing where I could feel it directly causing heart palpitations.

Almost as if I could feel the direct poisoning of my heart. When I didnt drink it would not happen but any time I was 3-5 beers deep my heart would start spasming out like it was rejecting the alcohol. This was after years of drinking with any kind of issues at all. I quit completely shortly after that
>>
>>7573802
I feel this way too. All I do is work, lurk, and drink. I don't know what I'd do without any of the 3.
>>
>>7575385

Not advocating this but a bit of oxy snorted after several beers was still my most pleasurable memorable high to date. shit felt insanely good, like probly as good as heroin feels, or better.

Because i had done oxy lots of times before that, as well as alcohol, but somehow my current tolerance on both + just hte right ammount of each was just amazing.
>>
>>7575642
Not defending it man, I know it's a problem. You can't imagine the stuff I've been through because of drinking. I heard it described perfectly by another anon on this board, it's like a woman who keeps treating you like shit but you keep going back to her thinking this time will be different. If it bothers you that much rest assured that I'll be dead way before you
>>
>>7575655
Oxy made me feel like shit, the right amount made me feel like superman, but I could not usually keep it to the right amount. I could fuck all night on oxy, it gave me super human stamina, but I couldn't cum, and at work I was in the zone. The shit feeling coming down from it made me stop though.
>>
>>7573692
Pretty good man. Got a hold of some LSD, had a pretty crazy trip and came out with no thirst for booze. Much better lifestyle, waking up with a good stomach and ready to go for the day is always nice.
>>
>>7575688
Also the cumulative effect of not feeling pain plus the surge I got from it made my body regret it every time I did it. Always had lots of aggressive sex when I was on it, my ex was a massive pill junkie and we were always in the mood after being some, we were taking blues btw
>>
>>7575707
Always found her passed out on the toilet or in the bath tub, should have known then but that pussy game was ridiculous
>>
>>7573692
Had a half a cocktail and decided to dump the rest. Not feeling it tonight. I guess I'm not really an alcoholic after all.
>>
I'm trying not to drink alone and I've tried to replace getting drunk with getting high instead. I've been keeping it up for a while but I really want to get drunk. I still have a warm 40 oz malt liquor in the cabinet I bought as a safety net during alcohol withdrawals. I sorta just want to chug it....
>>
I'M HOLDING UP HORRIBLY! No booze :(

Booze is literally like medicine to me... it does make me do and say stupid things, but it makes me more sociable and I feel like the steam drinking let's me vent would cause me to bust a pipe if I stopped.

I'm not a good people person and I can't communicate very well so when I'm buzzed it's like I'm a little better.
>>
File: image.jpg (605 KB, 1159x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
605 KB, 1159x1024
>>7573692
>tfw on my 4th steel reserve in the middle of a hailstorm
>>
>>7575820
sounds like my attitude freshman year of college
2 arrests and 2 hospital trips later, I don't kid myself so much

things are only gonna get progressively worse for you from where you are. sorry
>>
>>7575568
>Come Monday I will want to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnKKlf_FGwg
I know how you feel.
>>
>>7575101
>12 drinks/night
>My gains at the gym have stagnated

I don't see how you can even make it to the gym. I guess it's part tolerance, but I've never tried lifting weights after more than a 3-4 drink night, which is obviously still enough to feel it the next day and be week.
>>
>>7575230
i know this sounds like meme shit, but read Meditations by Aurelius or even some Buddhism.
>>
>>7575790
I opened the bottle. Here goes about a month of sobriety
>>
>>7575845
I hadn't had a drink since the beginning of November until this week. I drank the entire bottle of rum in less than two days which is just a little less than what I was drinking before I stopped, so the tolerance didn't go down much since November.
>>
>>7574916
>I still wonder why the fuck he didnt arrest me.
Because you were white.

White privilege strikes again. Any of you whites that deny white privilege please remember this example, any black man would have been thrown behind bars in this situation.
>>
>>7575850
my last binge I drank 60 12oz beers and 4 40s over about 5 days. Ended up visiting the hospital because my withdrawals were getting worse 5 days after I stopped completely.

This 40 is only 3 1/3rd drinks. We'll see.
>>
>>7575866
Do you mean you tapered off to where you were fine but your withdrawals kicked in again, or did you quit too quickly/cold turkey?
>>
>>7575880
when I'm drinking I typically confine my drinking to weekends. when I start drinking on weekdays, things go over the edge very rapidly and things spiral completely out of control until I'm just drinking myself back to sleep every time I wake back up.

I drank myself to the edge of unconsciousness for about 5 days and then stopped cold turkey. that day I couldn't get out of bed, the next I had extreme mood swings from unbelievable irritability to hypereuphoria and would swing between feeling extremely tired and very energetic. day 3 I was still hearing voices and felt very confused and foggy about everything. the fourth day things would swing between feeling fine and feeling worse than they had ever been before. in the morning on day 5 after having lynchian hallucinations and having severe memory issues like not being able to identify what day it was I decided I should go to the hostpital
>>
>>7575898
>I drank myself to the edge of unconsciousness for about 5 days and then stopped cold turkey.
Well that answers my question. I generally take as long to quit as I was drinking for, if I'm drinking at my maximum. Drink for a week means taper for a week.

Didn't it occur to you that you could just grab a drink instead of going to the hospital? Did you get any sweats, shakes etc?
>>
Do you get withdrawals if you only drink late at night?
>>
>>7575925
Generally yes if it's every night, but they won't be as severe and you will only get them around the time you usually drink. I'm aware that some heavy evening drinkers need to taper off, though nobody I've met needed to. Just listen to your body and watch out for symptoms getting worse.
>>
>>7575931
How bad would they be?
>>
>>7575936
Too many variables. How much you drink, how long you've been drinking, your size, and your genetics. When I began drinking heavily every evening i.e. 12 to 20 beers, I got shakes bad enough that I couldn't tie my laces or other intricate tasks. I don't know how bad they would have gotten since I always had beer there, maybe no worse than that, maybe a lot worse. Who knows.
>>
>>7575955
It's a pint of liqour. I'm a big guy.
>>
I'm pretty sure i've been drunk and posted the same reply to this same thread for like 5 years.

It doesn't matter though because I'm going to wake up and do it again.
>>
>>7575965
I'd say you could probably cut down pretty quickly but maybe not cold turkey. Maybe half each day? Like I said, no harm in trying. If you get withdrawals, drink. If you don't, then you're good and you know for future reference that you can go cold turkey.
>>
>>7575973
Is that this reply or another one?
>>
>>7575974
I was getting withdrawals when I was drinking closer to a fifth a day. I was also day and occasionally morning drinking. I cut that shit out and got it to a small vodka at night and I haven't been getting them, I just don't wanna not have my sip at night.
>>
>>7573793
I've been drinking massive amounts of cheap wine and beer daily for years, and I have a small layer of fat on my gut, but all in all i look thin. What is your diet like, out of curiosity?
>>
I drink to excess (Evan Williams) every other night, and wake up with a headache

I'm trying to go two days without drinking, then three, and so on

It would really help me lose weigjt
>>
>>7575989
Isn't a pint pretty damn close to a fifth? I'm glad you quot day drinking though since that shit is a big culprit for withdrawals. It's easier to stay sober during the day since you can keep yourself busy more easily, and you don't need to sleep.

I generally know that I'm gonna get bad withdrawals if I start to get them while drinking. Towards the end of a long bender, I tend to build a tolerance and need more and more alcohol to keep the withdrawals at bay. I pretty much have to accept that I'm gonna shake a little when I quit, no matter how slowly I take it.

If you don't plan on quitting then you probably don't need to worry about withdrawals if you aren't getting them already.
>>
>>7576008
It might help you to quit at once, since you will start to feel better faster. Every time you drink again, your emotions, boredom, anxiety etc will go back to square one and it will be no easier quitting again. Quit straight away and you'll be surprised how much better you'll feel in a week.
>>
>>7576009
I'm not sure it's really a pint, that's just what I ask for at the store. It's a 375, exactly half a fifth.
>>
>>7576011
Only thing that hurts me is from the shoulders up

I pop two advil just about every morning after drinking. I'm the Evan Williams drinker two or three posts up
>>
>>7576011
Does it kinda feel like you've been wearing a really tight belt for ages? I get something like that when I'm walking sometimes, never associated it with alcohol though.
>>
>>7576018
That's only just more than half a pint. What a weird measurement system. I doubt your withdrawals would be very severe from that amount, especially if you're a big dude and an evening drinker. You might feel a bit shitty, a bit weak and a bit spaced, that's probably it, kind of like a cold or mild flu. Maybe lack of appetite too.
>>
>>7576038
Damn, no wonder when I tell people I drink a pint they're like wtf man that's too much! Yea I get a nice buzz but it doesn't feel like I'm being crazy. Maybe I'm the dumb one, I just ask for a pint and they hand me a .375

Now that someone knows how much I'm actually drinking, how terrible is it? I'm only concerned because what if I'm in a situation where I can't have my drink at night. Vacation, spending night at qts place, etc.
>>
>>7573793

I've been drinking almost everyday for a couple of years and about half my calories are from beer and wine(2 bottles a day or 8-12 beers). I only eat like 2 small meals a day and the rest is alcohol.

I'm only 160 6'1. I have some gyno and a beer gut but my arms and legs are skinny. You probably eat tons of junkfood along with the wine.
>>
I just wish I was back in college being cute sneaking alcohol into the dorms.

Back then you were at best cool funny mature and social for scoring booze, then once u turn about 25, maybe get into some legal trouble, thats when the no fun allowed cunts, the fat cunt moms who no one wants to fuck, but want to get in your and mine business, start calling you nasty things like alcoholic

It was cute and fun to get trashed in college, now it's just required and boring

The fat cunt moms saw to it that men aren't allowed to have fun anymore
>>
>>7576047
Try it once and then you'll know. Alternatively, plan in advance and taper off each time. Shouldn't take more than two or three days for you.
>>
>>7573692
Gr8. Wife was happy with dinner tonight: pasta with broccoli rabe in garlic and olive oil with sausages. Opened a bottle of Burgundy because she loves that shit. Then she went to bed and (like usual) I drank six beers and a fer shots of brandy. No problem. I'll get up tomorrow and to the same thing again.
>>
>>7575159

It's not hypocritical. He has a standard about not letting certain substances enter his body and doesn't have a standard about offering a product people will buy. Clean.
>>
>>7576069
Living the dream.
>>
I've drunk a shit load of wine nearly every day for years. 2nd day sober. I don't find it too bad to stop or massively cut down.

Just wondering if any other people here can control it where they just go out and drink socially and have a couple of beers?

Am I going to feel like shit/go into withdrawal following a few beers now and then after pretty heavy long term drinking?
>>
File: c2i_153201619035.png (616 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
c2i_153201619035.png
616 KB, 900x1600
I hate reseting this
>>
Currently babysitting my husband, who is passed out. He's been hospitalized for drinking/withdrawal before, so I don't like to leave him alone when he's sleeping it off.

We formed this habit together, but I slowed down when I realized how bad it had gotten. He sped up.

Now that he's been sleeping for a few hours and is probably fine, I'm itching to break into his stash so badly. I'm stressed as fuck because he was in black-out psycho mode all day. He threw my work boots through the front door window because he was angry that they got left in his car. I had to duct tape fiberglass over the hole for the time being. It's cold as fuck in here as a result and I know a few nips would warm me up.
>>
>>7573692
>>7576081
living the dream. every day i work cooking life makes you want to push your self off a cliff a little more and more
>>
>>7576081
Works when you've trained her to love morning sex. And otherwise manage to do what you want to do while keeping her happy.
>>
>>7574846
Leaving Las Vegas is so fucking good.
>>
I wish I could give you all a hug and say that it'll be alright.
>>
>>7573694
I want alcohol, but how can I drink without hangover?
>>
>>7573742
That is so fucking horrible, man. Any way suicide could be an option? Maybe you'll get killed by your equipment so you won't have to worry about planning.
>>
>>7576130

Drink tons of water. I drink water as I'm hitting the liquor, and then before bed I chug two large cups of water and then refill the glass to keep next to the bed.

Eat something substantial before you go to sleep. Take b vitamins, and vitamins in general, really. Stock up on some gatorade or other beverages with electrolytes for the day after.
>>
>>7576130
Eat well before you drink, lots of water during and after drinking.
>>
>>7576008

OH GOD my mind equates Evan Williams with bad times. An old friend of mine got a bottle and we partied one night... and I squeezed the bottle as I drank it, like how you'd squeeze a bottle of Gatorade when you're thirsty after a workout....

And my god I had a horrible time.
>>
>>7576142

That's how I feel about Jameson. Every time I've drank it, it's been with my friend who pressures me to drink way too much. And every time I've been godawfully sick from it.
>>
File: DEE.gif (949 KB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
DEE.gif
949 KB, 500x220
Hey y’all. This is something that has been boggled my mind for years and I can’t seem to find a real straight answer. Ill start with my personal story. I have been drinking heavily, daily for about 10 years, there were a few times where I quit for a few months but I always end up back on/off the wagon.
Anyway, when I first started drinking heavily, like most college students, I also became addicted to crappy foods. Not surprisingly I began to gain weight. I had always been thin before this. My best friend who drank just as much as me magically seemed to remain slender and fit. In short he said to me “dude, alcohol calories don’t count, just eat right and excerise a bit and avoid sodas and mixers, jus stick to hard alcohol, light beer and wine”…. of course I laughed at him because everyone knows that a calorie is a calorie.
Well I was tired of this excess weight but also didnt want to give up the drink so i took his advice and began eating clean and walking daily. Well, any sort of change should help weight loss but I actually got THIN! You could se my abs etc. All the while i was still drinking close to a 12 pack a day….
Fast forward a few years later I decide to quit drinking because I realize I don’t want to die early. I figure that since I’m not consuming up to 1500 extra calories a day I can start eating shitty food more often… Nope! I immediately starting to get chunky again… I began drinking again and the weight didnt change, so I went back to eating lean meats, veggies, whole grains minimally processed foods etc. And I lost all the weight again!
So here is my question. Do alcohol calories count? Are my friend and I just genetic freaks of natures??? Whenever I google this the only answers are from fitness freaks who are convinced that if they even consume one beer a week that they will eventually become 300 lbs. Anyway thanks y’all!
>>
>>7574242
Maybe antidepressants. Sorry you are suffering, that sucks. I'm hating it too; going over to /r9k/ for a while...
>>
>>7574423
There is totally a need to speed it up.
>>
>>7575292
Why not AA?
>>
>>7576110

Fuck it. I got into it. After the hellish day I've had with him, I would like to pretend that I earned it. There's not much rum left, and he'll just get up and drink it all anyway.

He was rampaging earlier because he lost his debit card and thought I stole it from him to keep him from buying more alcohol. All this while I'm trying to clean up the broken glass so the dog doesn't step on it and find a way to cover our fucked up door.
>>
>>7576130
you can't, unless you stop at maybe 3 drinks.

Some research shows that you can combine a couple vitamins, like a B-complex and L-lycine or something with a similar name, and that will help neutralize the byproduct of drinking alcohol that causes most of the hangover, and in the studies the subjects do feel better when they take this stuff.

But you honestly shouldn't do that. You should just drink in moderation. If these threads are anything to go by, diminishing hangovers is just going to tempt people to drink a lot more. I know I would.
>>
>>7576139
Thanks, sanpai, have plan now!
>>
>>7576130

chug water and eat food before you go to sleep.
>>
>>7576163

you can't drink as many calories as you can comfortably eat of shitty food unless you're a hardcore alcoholic (which drinking close to a 12 pack a day is not)

>>7576167
>Sorry you are suffering, that sucks. I'm hating it too; going over to /r9k/ for a while...

going to /r9k/ because you're depressed is like breaking your leg because your ankle is sore
>>
>>7576203
Ok, moderate it is. Think I have some narcotics around here somewhere, so I'm good.
>>
>>7576163
this is a very good question and one that is often misunderstood
first you have to understand what calories, energy, and mass are. Everything that has mass has energy, and calories are a form of energy. One calorie is the measure of how much energy it takes to heat one ml of water one degree celsius. And we know now that alcohol can be used as an energy source for motors. That's the physics and chemistry of alcohol and energy.

Now, what you need to know is the biochemistry of digestion. Just because something is energy does not mean it can be used by the body as energy. Everything that has mass has energy, but your body obviously can't just use any old thing you find around for energy. Different substances metabolize in different ways. Ethanol, the only alcohol the body can actually metabolize (everything else basically kills you) is treated by the body as a poison. That means your body does not seek to utilize it as an energy source despite its energy properties, and instead expends energy to get rid of it--that is why it fucks with your liver so much, because it requires liver enzymes which damage the body to metabolize. When poison enters your body, your body fights to get rid of it as soon as possible, which means two things:
1. your body will not store alcohol at all, just push it out, so it can't turn into fat
2. getting rid of poison is more important than producing more energy stores, so your body shuts down food metabolism to prioritize the process of draining your blood of poison

So long answer short, no, alcohol calories do not "count" but they will subdue your body's regular ability to burn fat and produce energy by putting metabolism on lockdown.
>>
So genuinely curious, what is it that makes you guys prefer alcohol over weed? I've had my fair share of both and I can see why some people might prefer the buzz from alcohol (I definitely prefer being high though), but the side effects of heavy drinking just make it not even close.

Is there a point where you start drinking so much you don't even get hangovers anymore? Or do you just drink your way through them?
>>
>>7573692
Drinking now. Owning a franchise sucks.
>>
>>7576215
Weed makes me paranoid and uncomfortable, alcohol makes me comfy.
>>
>>7576163
I'd say they basically count. I'm lucky not to be fatter than I am considering I drink basically like a half a fifth or a bottle of wine everyday.
I think it's because I just don't eat big meals is why I'm not full on fat. The other thing is I don't really eat fast food often at all, and eat fruits and vegetables.
>>
>>7576215
I love both, but they have different uses. Alcohol is good for partying, has some use for relaxing but not a lot. Weed is great for relaxing, but awful for partying. I actually like clubs and dancing, and social dinners, so alcohol is more functional for me. Plus I don't live in a weed-legal country but alcohol is not too expensive here.
>>
>>7576228
>I love both, but they have different uses. Alcohol is good for partying

Yeah, but I presume most alcoholics who spend their time on 4chan aren't the partying types
>>
>>7576226
one thing people forget about is the secondary calorie count of alcoholic beverages, which are not legally required to be listed.

a cup of bailey's is worse than an equal volume of ice cream. a dry wine is not so bad, and most hard liquors have minimal secondary calories. Plus one half-fifth of liquor has the same volume as a can of soda, which with all its sugary misery is still only 120 to 160 calories.
>>
>>7576229
it depends. I imagine those who can afford good quality whiskeys probably have social dinners at least now and again.
>>
>>7576215
Being too high literally turns my reality into an existential nightmare 99/100 times.
Alcohol is a dependable high that pretty much is always the same and I prefer the feeling, consistency, and control of it.
>>
>>7576236
>Being too high literally turns my reality into an existential nightmare 99/100 times.

That's unfortunate. I've ever ever had a few uncomfortable highs, usually it's chilled as fuck. But my ex always reacted badly to it for some reason, made her feel scared and sick. I guess weed just doesn't suit some people.
>>
>>7576215
I don't prefer alcohol. Weed is just illegal here. I'm slowly killing myself because I'm scared of cops
>>
>>7576251
It's illegal here too (UK), but it's a very laid back law so long as you're not growing/distributing. My friend got caught with a quarter ounce by the police and they gave him the choice of being booked in or just dropping it down the grid. Then they let him on his way. They probably smoke it themselves.
>>
>>7576215

>what is it that makes you guys prefer alcohol over weed?

Weed sometimes makes me paranoid. I don't live in a legal/medical state, so most of my green comes from dealers who don't know what they're selling. I'm okay if I end up with a heavy indica, but strong sativas make me feel like I'll lose my shit sometimes.

I prefer the initial alcohol buzz, I don't actually enjoy being drunk the way that I enjoy being high. I just like that little elevation that alcohol gives. The loosened inhibitions, goofy relaxedness, etc. Pot gives me that in a different way, and sometimes an uncomfortable way. If I'm stoned in a social setting, I suddenly can't think of what to say and get quiet. Then I get anxious that being quiet is making things awkward but can't come up with shit to talk about. If I'm stoned at home, I can just kind of chill, and that's much nicer than getting drunk a lot of the time.

And no, I don't get hangovers anymore. I get alcohol withdrawal sometimes if I've been on a couple day bender with no food in me. But I can handle withdrawal like a champ. I buy a bunch of ice cream and stuff to make sandwiches, hit a bowl, put netflix on, and sweat it out.

I don't know how I'm not fat by now.
>>
>>7575578
Yeah man, my pinkies go numb when I sleep on my back with my arms on my chest, which is all the time. Also My legs act weird when I walk down stairs. Like I start to descend but my muscles drop me 1/2 inch then catch and raise up 1/4 inch then fall 1/2 inch then catch and raise 1/4 inch again. Fucked up man.
>>
>>7574007

Lost my license when I was 17. Didn't drive till now (26) and with a work vehicle I did a lot of drink driving on a Friday after work (4 beers) usually if not more. Not done it now in ages and realize how fucking stupid it is.

(Used to drive to the local party scene but now über as I know I can't resist the drive)
>>
>>7576214
Thanks anon, this makes sense
>>
>>7575101

A week off the drink and you won't be feelin that way mate. You just need to get through the first week.
>>
>>7576215
I can walk less than 100 yards and get alcohol legally. To get weed, I need to make a call, hope the guy hasnt been arrested and working a plea and wait an hour plus to arrive. Plus, I rarely get tested for work, but if I do the odds of passing an alcohol test are much higher than a weed test. If laws and work rules were different I would choose weed over beer 9 times out of 10 but they arent so beer wins 9 times out of 10 right now.
>>
>>7576219
Go to bed tim
>>
>>7576215
I'm not an alcky, but weed makes me feel terribly self-conscious. I enjoyed it as a teen, but haven't been able to since. Alcohol doesn't do anything bad, on the other hand, in moderation.

But to answer for the alckys, I don't think weed carries the euphoria the alcohol does, and people will suffer the hangovers etc. if they rationalize it, just like people can rationalize all sorts of shit.
>>
>>7576303
Yeah uber is going to make a lot of money out of me over the next 12+ months for places I want to go that public transportation sucks

You don't realise how much you rely on your license until it's gone. Only been 1 week for me and it's hurting already.

At least I'm lucky nobody was hurt, the cops stopped me before that was able to happen because I was swerving all over the road like the retard I am.
>>
>>7573710
>I woke up with a large gash on my leg and the whole thing feels numb.

Get that shit checked pronto if it starts swelling, turning strange colors or giving off pus
>>
>>7576310
THIS. I'm already an awkward nervous person, I've always hated buying drugs. I'm not even going to greentext the sketchy shit and great lengths I've gone through to get weed. I've dealt with some real shitbags, had my money stolen by crackheads, driven a friend's friend over to niggertown to find out they're out of weed but have plenty of crack if I want it. Driving around with weed in my car and having a heart attack for every police officer on earth. I just never liked the sketchiness of acquiring it, and on top of that once I smoke it I get even more paranoid.

Stopped smoking and started drinking the day I turned 21.
>>
>>7575159

He's said in interviews he has an addictive personality and he goes all out with everything he does so he was worried those traits coupled with history of alcoholism in his family would ruin him.
>>
>>7576215
I smoke and drink. I never used to drink as a teenager, smoked a lot more back then along with psychedelics which I have no use for anymore.

I have a medical card now so I smoke and drink a little bit everyday, having the weed means I drink less and have a few beers or a six pack instead of getting blackout drunk on liquor every night.
>>
>>7576318
on the other hand, you'd be surprised how alcoholic a society can get when it relies highly on public transit
>>
>>7576432
I'm the guy you are replying to who lost his license; I'm not gonna bullshit you but on Thursday last week I got the bus from my office at 4pm to the nearest liquor store, drank a 4 pack of 12% premix bourbon, got back on the bus and went home.

Dude I need help.
>>
>>7576469

You just have to close your eyes whenever you pass liquor stores on the bus. I do that now and I'm sober. Also I close my eyes when I get cravings and tell myself "no." Keep the eyes closed until the craving gets weaker, and you can consciously figt them off until theyre gone for the moment (they'll never be fully gone). This method is enough but I don't know your situation. If you have a history of abuse you're trying to dampen with alcohol or if you've had a tragic death then you'll need heavier artillery. But if you're just a guy who loves to drink too much my method will work if you try it.
>>
>>7576484
Thanks for those tips man. I was brought up in a nice famalam and have no idea why I am an addict. No one else in my family is.

I'll try closing my eyes every day when I go past the store. I tried sitting on my sofa today when I was craving and in the end i got an uber to the liquor store. It's fucked. I feel buzzed right now but don't want you to make the same mistake. I'm cleaning the house now man and so happy

Thanks bro for your tips, I'll be sure to use them when I go back to work on Monday.
>>
>>7573947
i care

i'm proud of you
>>
Miserable functional alcoholic line cook here.
Im on a 6+ 8% beers a night at least for the last 2 years, and have to have one every morning before work.
I never get obliterated but the consistant constant intake has led me to horrible withdrawals most waking moments of my life.
I'm at the point where if I put anything in my stomach besides alcohol I'll vomit, I eat around 300 - 500 calories of food a day and live off alcohol.
The fear and the haze are slowly driving me insane.
Ive been trying for 6 months to find benzos so I can quit cold turkey but to no avail.. If I tell a doctor my situation would they prescribe me a weeks supply or something? Merricunt here.
>>
File: 1455398655166.png (154 KB, 493x463) Image search: [Google]
1455398655166.png
154 KB, 493x463
I used to get drunk every day for almost a year. Recently decided to start being healthier and now I get drunk only on weekends.

The craving is real tho. I don't really have physical withdrawals but it's like I don't know what to do with myself when sober. I can't enjoy anything.
>>
>>7573710
Nice dream - wish it was real.
>>
>>7573692
Went on a 4 month break since January bought a 12pk for the weekend only drank 6 last night and probably finishing it off tonight.
>>
>>7573710
This is the worst feel... waking up to puke fuckload on the floor and these shit gets under your fucking bed u cant even reach that you end up imagining them solidifying, stuck on the floor just like these evil rocks in hell
And then you need to take the fucking bedsheets out... fuck me
>>
>>7573710
You're lucky that was just a dream. Dating in the workplace can go so badly.
>>
Hungover from yesterday's three liters of assorted wines
>>
>>7573692
Unironically busted open a bottle of wine before work in an hour and a half. Not as bad as liquor in the morning but still pretty out of control to any normal person.
>>
>>7576737
Do you drive to work? You probably shouldn't be drinking right now. I always save my morning drinks until I get to work, then have them in the car from a thermos. Driving while over the limit is when your drinking might actually hurt others.
>>
>>7576745
I do the same thing as you do, but that's purely to take the edge off. I don't get very drunk off of a bottle. Plus work is only 7 minutes distance away.
>>
File: backwards pepe.jpg (7 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
backwards pepe.jpg
7 KB, 200x194
I have no idea what happened last night. Last thing I remember I was trying to beat off to porn with the volume turned up really loud with my roommates around in the other rooms, and I was moaning and saying like 'fuck me baby'. I woke up and there is dirt and shit marks on my sheets, and I have a bruise under my eye.
>>
>>7576790
sounds like a good night
>>
>>7576790
lel mate
>>
>>7575588
Half a fifth every day for 3 years ... Turned 21 less than a month ago
>>
File: breathalyzer.webm (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
breathalyzer.webm
3 MB, 480x360
going cold turkey after the worst crack and heroin binge of my life. gabapentin, valium and vodka are making it just about tolerable, but wow, i'm really hurting. hard drugs are horrific.
>>
>>7576236
Same here man. I enjoyed it almost daily for years, just a chilled buzz. Then all of a sudden, I tried it once and suffered severe derealization/depersonalization, almost like a bad trip without the visuals. Tried it again a few times since, same every time. Existential terror, like everything you know collapsing around you, for days after each use. Only thing I could do to feel better was drink.

That's when I started drinking heavily. I needed to replace the buzz and needed a way to sleep. I feel almost the exact same way from alcohol withdrawals now.
>>
>>7576229
I go out once every week, stay drunk for 3 or four days and spend the next 3 or 4 days tapering off, ad infinitum. I don't socialise other than that.
>>
>>7576875
Sounds a lot like when I was in college.
>>7576964
I can tell you really understand what I'm talking about. Bad part with me is that weed basically was like that for me from the very beginning. I drink everyday still but sleep has become really hard to catch now. I never feel that tired but I'm just awake so much.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>7576795
Fuck
>>
The worst part about being an alcohol is the constant liquid shits, I've rubbed my butthole raw from having to wipe so often
>>
>>7577103

Do you ever feel like your shit smells like blueberries?

Mine always seems to when I've been drinking, no matter what I've had.
>>
>>7576631
yes, doctors will usually give you some benzos to get you through the first few days after quitting
>>
>>7575303
I just drink at work now to avoid that. I'm trying to get two weeks off to handle this because I will get caught eventually.
>>
>>7576110
That sucks hope it gets better.
>>
>>7576631
You aren't anything near alcoholic. Get over yourself.
>>
>>7577570
Well 2bh it sounds kind of bad but at least he's not toting liquor around everywhere with him, so yeah I guess.
>>
>>7574380
Nope . It's 5.4% alc. So a sixer of 0,5ltrs gets you real drunk for 3€...
>>
>>7577570
If you think he's "nowhere near alcoholic" drinking an absolute minimum of 12 regular bears every day for 2 years, your problem must have gotten so bad it has left you completely detached from reality. Either that or you're stuck between self-loathing and pretension.
>>
I generally drink a bottle or two of wine, or 1/2 a bottle of vodka a night. Sometimes I go weeks without drinking but then I get in these cycles where it's endless. I can feel it. Also my left eyelid has developed a twitch. I don't need it during the day but going to sleep sober is a fucking nightmare.
>>
Can I get a recommendation on something that's good and smooth without needing to be part of a mixed drink? Something I just pour into a glass, no fuss no muss.
>>
>>7578035
That's really quite vague... No idea what sort of drink you want. Beer ticks those boxes, so obviously there's something specific you're after.
>>
Advice on tapering down
I'm at the end of a 4 day bender, and I'm bloated and feel like hammered shit. Once i get clean, i can stay that way for weeks, but it's the quitting that's horrible. I've been sipping today, just trying to maintain, but im at the point where I start shaking and having a panic attack if i stop for too long.
>>
>>7578035
>something that's good and smooth without needing to be part of a mixed drink? Something I just pour into a glass, no fuss no muss.
water
>>
>>7578035
When I was a kid I saw The Ten Commandments on tv and when the green plague mist came down from the sky to kill all the first born of Egypt (in addition to being a first-born myself) I thought - that's IT! That's what dad's Canadian Club smell is like. It's like that spooky as fuck God's Mustard Gas in that movie.

Now I can drink it like literal water. One of the most consistent blends in the world. No pretension, either. It's middle shelf, and goes about $25 a half gallon (1750ml in fag units).
>>
File: 0-3333.png (262 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
0-3333.png
262 KB, 512x384
>>7578293
My nigga, I'm drinking Canadian Club right now. I don't drink for flavor and to me CC is less offensive than most vodka. It's why whiskey bros shit all over it, but it's why I love it.
>>
>>7578238
At some point, even with the taper, you're just going to have to deal with it. Unless you go to the doctor for some benzos, anxiety and w/d symptoms are pretty much inevitable.
>>
>>7573692
relapsed this weekend after 2 months of sobriety.
>>
>>7579299
When you guys say relapse, what do you mean? Can you not just have a few beers or get drunk one weekend and move on? Or if you have one drop its like you go on this massive bender? What happens to a recovering alcoholic if say they go to a lunch meeting, the boss offers a round of beer and you drink it?
>>
>2 days colo turkey from everything
>feels HORRIFIC man
>smoke some heroin, take a few valium, drink a bottle of vodka, smoke 100mg of crack
>BE IN HEAVEN
aw shit gais wat do. i'm so, so addicted to fucking loads of things. so want to be clean but it's horrific getting off everything. have seizures n' shit. i don't wanna die :( anyone else in a similar situation?
>>
>>7579312
>Can you not just have a few beers
NOPE. one fucking taste results in months of being smashed. alchies can't just 'have a couple'. it's either nothing, or drinking to the point of passing out. once it happens one time, it doesn't stop for weeks/months/years.
>>
I went two months sober and then this past week I drank five of those days and subsequently lost my job. Whoops
>>
>>7573692
>decided to see how much I could drink in one day without blacking out
>wake up next day, see the damage donr
>empty vodka, beer, and half-empty whisky bottles strewn about
>feel like I've got a terrible flu
>don't get any better over 4 days
>take a shot in hopes to "kill the bug"
>instantly [within 10 seconds] feel like a new man
>feel good for two days, not even considering drinking, trying to let my liver recover
>day three, flu is starting to come back
>"try and wait it out, it must be my mind"
>day four, can't even sit up to get out of bed
>whisky conveniently on my nightstand
>take a mouthful
>feel great

This is the beginning of the end, isn't it?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.