[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about Pakistani food. How come nobody ever talks about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: food.jpg (133 KB, 675x600) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
133 KB, 675x600
Tell me about Pakistani food. How come nobody ever talks about it or eats it? I hear about other international foods all the time, never Pakistan. I've concluded that it must be inherently shitty like Russian food.
>>
>>7573090
Punjabi food is amazing. How much do you count that?
>>
It's just Indian food
>>
>>7573093
So it's literal shit?
>>
It's basically just North Indian food + beef. And more meat in general due to them being Mudslime rather than Hindu/Sikh.
That said, because Pakistani cuisine isn't considered as culinarily sexy as Indian is, if you find a Pakistani joint, ninety-nine times of a hundred, it'll be authentically prepared, not that it matters much.

I highly recommend you try slipper kebab. It's basically a Pakistani hamburger. It's ground beef, chilies and spices in an ovular patty shape, grilled/barbecued and eaten between bread, usually naan. Pretty damn fucking good.
>>
Knew a Pakistani guy that owned a restuarant.
He sold "Indian" food
>>
>>7573104
That sounds pretty good.
>>
Dated a Punjabi girl for a time. Pakistani food is bretty good. Lamb biryani, if made with love and care, is quite nice. Achar Gosht is probably my favorite though.

In all honesty most Pakistani food is just basically Indian food with more meat, as
>>7573104
said.
>>
>>7573099
fuck off /pol/
>>
Theres a pakistani restaurant I go to, they do the best naan breads and their peshwari naans are to die for. The food is cheap and mostly very nice.

They do chicken, lamb and vegetables dishes, ranging from korma, karahi (chicken karahi without cream is based), biryanis etc. They do a good dall.

Basically pakistani food is good, and not overly different from Indian as >>7573262 and >>7573104 said. You're more likely to find it in areas with a Pakistani community (duh).
>>
pakistan is literally an acronym made up by britain. it's just indian food.
>>
>>7573304

how are you doing today reddit?
>>
Because both Indian//Pakistani food contain traces of fecal matter
>>
>>7573090
>Tell me about Pakistani food. How come nobody ever talks about it or eats it?
How welcoming is Pakistan to obvious western non-muslims?
>>
>>7573090
Is that the kind of food you are supposed to eat with your hands? That rice with chicken looks very good to me btw
>>
>>7573090
no idea desu, I had this lamb kharahi at a paki kebab place and the tomato sauce is soo good, I wonder if you can make something similar without a fuck ton of expensive lamb, if anyone knows how, please let me know. Every time i search for the recipe it doesn't seem to be the same thing.
>>
>>7574102
I'm pretty sure you eat that shit with silverware. most hand eaters don't fuck around with these kinds of food unless they have a big stack of naan or something.
>>
>>7573090
it's literally, literally just northern Indian food
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.