[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /ck/, I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Hello /ck/, I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for cookware without teflon/PTFE? I have parrots and it's toxic to them.

Also, is buying cookware in a set a good or bad idea?
>>
just eat your parrots and get whatever cookware you want
>>
The Tramontina stainless steel at walmart is really good. but fuck if I would cook eggs in it.
>>
>>7572944
An enamel coated dutch oven can pretty much be used over any conceivable dish.
>>
File: 1460664028650.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1460664028650.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
>>7572944
cast iron

>inb4
>>
>>7572944
>>7572965

seriously though... one cast iron... fuck everything else
>>
>>7572965
>>7572969
Ignore the memery. Anodized aluminum shits all over cast iron in almost every way. You can get some pretty good Calphalon cookware at Target for a reasonable price.
>>
>>7572969
I was considering cast iron, but I need something you can cover too.
>>
>>7572986
all the calphalon I'm looking at say "non-stick." Doesn't that mean it has teflon?
>>
>>7573017
>calphalon

>teflon

what do you think?
>>
>>7573017
If it says non-stick, it has a non-stick coating, so yes, teflon.

Calphalon also makes stainless and anodized aluminum cookware that isn't non-stick.

Actually looking at their website, they seem to have discontinued the anodized cookware.
>>
>>7572986
>anodized alu
>$200 for a skillet
Na m8.
>>
>>7573017
>>7573033
>>7573049
"Non-stick" is a marketing term, not a technical description. PTFE coatings, hard anodizing, ceramic coatings, and seasoned cast iron/carbon steel are all considered non-stick.

Calphalon made a name for themselves by producing hard anodized cookware, and it's still what they concentrate on today.

>The Select by Calphalon Hard-Anodized Nonstick 10-Inch Fry Pan is designed for easy meal preparation any day of the week. Crafted from hard-anodized aluminum, this frying pan is durable for everyday cooking and distributes heat evenly so your recipes turn out beautifully. The nonstick interior allows for easy food release and makes cleaning a breeze. Comfort-grip handles stay cool on the stovetop and give a secure hold, so pans go from the stovetop to the oven with ease and confidence. Includes tempered glass cover. Pan and glass cover are oven safe.

For the sake of completeness, you can also impregnate an anodized hardcoat with PTFE, but I don't believe Calphalon does this. I also have no idea how the toxicity compares to the more traditional Teflon coatings.
>>
File: 1446315284371.gif (370 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
1446315284371.gif
370 KB, 500x290
get a stainless steel wok to make stir fry vegetsables using just a little bit of oil

you wont have to season the wok because it is stainless steel just rinse with hot water not even need dish soap
>>
>>7573062
not even the chumps who buy the exclusive Williams-Sonoma line are paying that much, jizzbeard

http://www.amazon.com/Calphalon-Contemporary-Nonstick-12-Inch-Omelet/dp/B000ND1WMO
>>
>>7573088

literally the most useless pan you could buy unless you are a weeb who eats stir frys exclusively
>>
>>7573088
Pure stainless sucks at even heating. At the very least you should get a three-ply construction with aluminum in the middle (or copper if you feel like your wallet has been weighing you down lately).
>>
File: 1446317524310.gif (853 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
1446317524310.gif
853 KB, 500x304
>>7573096
it was 19 dollars on amazon and the higher end aluminum stainless clad wok were 70 dollars so it was worth it not to rust my wok
>>
>>7572944
>Hello /ck/, I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for cookware without teflon/PTFE?

Pots and pans: stainless/aluminum/stainless laminate

Skillets: anodized aluminum

Casserole dishes/roasting pans: CorningWare
>>
>>7573231
Holy shit that gif is so comfy
>>
>>7572987
They sell covers...
>>
Copper lined with tin
>>
>>7572944
100% copper

what are you, a poorfag?
>>
cast iron skillet and cast iron cauldron are the only two things you need
>>
>>7575409
>cast iron cauldron
You mean a dutch oven? I mostly agree, but make sure it's an enameled one so you can cook acidic foods without wrecking the seasoning.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.