[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any ingredients you're so autistically opposed to that their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Asparagus-505x336.jpg (26 KB, 505x336) Image search: [Google]
Asparagus-505x336.jpg
26 KB, 505x336
Any ingredients you're so autistically opposed to that their inclusion in a dish completely ruins it for you no matter what? Pic related and cilantro for me.
>>
Asparagus is a dish in itself.
Just flash fry that shit in butter and lemon.
>>
>>7572353
I can't man. Maybe it's because I was forced to eat it as a kid but i can't taste the stuff without gagging.
>>
>>7572353

texture is just awful

shit tier veggie

not OP
>>
>>7572360
Tastes alter over the years.
I think it's like every 7 years you completely shed the tastebuds you had so new ones develop and you might just grow to like more things.
I used to hate broccoli as a child. I wish I had eaten more broccoli then because I love it now.
>>
File: 1399575571638.png (39 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1399575571638.png
39 KB, 225x225
>>7572342
Eggs.
They're supposed to be healthy and shit, but the taste, texture, and everything else makes me want to puke.
In a dish, they might be okay, like in an omelette or in fried rice, but it by itself or too much in a meal is disgusting.
>>
>>7572342
Used to eat it until I found out what it does to pee.

I don't think it does anything to my pee though.
>>
>>7572385
It only affects you if you produce a certain enzyme during digestion.
Most people do not.
>>
for some reason any seafood makes me gag i just cant fucking eat it i dont know why, its a hard life
>>
>>7572353
Grill them, you PLEB

I hate capers since I had an anchovy/caper pizza once and got terrible food poisoning. It was in all likelihood the anchovies, but all I could taste as I barfed out my intestines was those damn capers.

And I will never got people who hate cilantro.
>>
File: image.jpg (527 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
527 KB, 2448x2448
Whole peppercorn
>>
>>7572342
ketchup ruins everything
>>
>>7572409
Probably because it was what I fed my bearded dragon growing up and now I can only think of it as lizard food. Still it's such an overpowering flavor to me that when its in something it's all i can taste.
>>
>>7572397
I definitely do. My piss smells hilariously bad after even one spear. I love the stuff though so my bathroom smells like death
>>
>>7572342
>>7572360
I'm pretty sure there is a genetic component to hating both asapargus and cilantro
>>
mushrooms.

when i was a child my stepfather noticed that i hated them, to the point that putting them in my mouth makes me gag-reflex and throw up if not removed, so he'd punish me by taking several cans and forcing my mouth full of them and making me chew and swallow, and every time i knew what would happen, i'd throw up and he'd beat me senseless while i wept in complete despair and terror.

these kinds of experiences and so much more made me who i am today. i found out that at those early ages, experiences of such extreme stress cause a sort of cortisol-fry in parts of your hippocampus, reducing your ability to experience anxiety or urgency later in life.
>>
>>7572382
>Eggs.

My tastebuds are weird as fuck. Blue powerade tastes EXACTLY like unseasoned scrambled eggs
>>
>>7572955
yeah, the picky little bitch gene
>>
>>7572961

you put a whole bottle of lemon juice on your scrambled eggs?
>>
Cheese.
Not even joking.
>>
>>7572957
>he'd beat me senseless while i wept in complete despair and terror
It's strangely comforting to know other people were raised like I was and are still alive
>>
>>7572980
what a miserable existence
>>
>>7572957
yeah my parents always made me eat my veggies too
>>
>>7572342
Pineapples just taste like vomit to me
>>
Stewed tomatoes. I'll eat them, but god damn do they ever feel gross in the mouth. A shit ton of pepper usually distracts me from that awful texture.
>>
>>7572342
Any brand named convenience product.
>>
>>7572409
>And I will never got people who hate cilantro.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a genetic component to it. To about 10% of the world, cilantro just tastes like soap.
>>
Peppers, I can't stand them. I tried to appreciate them, but the bitterness turns me off
>>
>>7572964

Yes. I have it too. Can't handle either one without gagging like your mom on my cock.
>>
>>7574453
yup
>>
>>7572342
>cilantro
I've heard there's actually some gene that humans either have or don't that effects the way we taste cilantro. If you have one of the genes cilantro tastes like a fresh, springy herb, and if you have the other it tastes like soap. Maybe you just lost the genetic lottery OP.
>>
>>7574453
well those 10% are wrong.
>>
>>7572342
cooked carrots
>>
Pineapple and banana are the worst things to be put in food.
>>
>>7572342
Celery
>>
>>7574711
Cilantro tastes like soap to me bud
>>
>>7572342
Onions. I hate the taste, the texture, and the look of them.
I wish I didn't.
Oddly enough, battered onion rings are fine. I think it's just little chunks of onion hidden in stuff I don't expect it to be in.
Like burgers. BURGERS SHOULD NOT CONTAIN ONION.

>>7572980
You would starve to fucking death in France.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.