[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else think that barbeque sauce is just awful?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 1193.jpg (32 KB, 572x382) Image search: [Google]
1193.jpg
32 KB, 572x382
anyone else think that barbeque sauce is just awful?
>>
No. You should kill yourself and your entire family.
>>
there are a million different types of barbeque sauce ranging from tomato base with hickory smoke, to mustard seed with cilantro, to sweet tangy vinegar with chili. Every company that makes any BBQ sauce makes at least a dozen different flavored versions of it.
And FUCK dont get me started on asian BBQ sauce

youre telling me you hate ALL of those sauces? i call shenanigans
>>
>>7572242
Anything from a store is usually awful. Small batch BBQs are usually good but I prefer homemade

99% of shit in store, you might as well just substitute bbq sauce with High Fructose Corn Syrup and food coloring
>>
File: bbq2[1].jpg_w=420&h=315.jpg (62 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
bbq2[1].jpg_w=420&h=315.jpg
62 KB, 420x315
Come back when you've had North Carolina bbq sauce because theirs blows the shit out of everyone else's
>>
I used to, but then I grew up.
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 169x127) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 169x127
>>7572262
you fool
we all know where the superior BBQ sauce is found
>>
>>7572294
Oklahoma?
>>
It's spicy corn syrup.
>>
It's usually overly sweet. A good barbecue sauce is a beautiful thing though.
>>
File: pic.png (281 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
281 KB, 580x580
I like this one.
>>
>>7572242
Never was much of a fan. Slow smoked meat really doesn't need a sweet sauce.
>>
File: 1445621972883.jpg (64 KB, 680x830) Image search: [Google]
1445621972883.jpg
64 KB, 680x830
>prepared barbecue sauce

I still can't believe anybody does this. All it takes to make barbecue sauce at home is tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, dried fruit (figs, dates, raisins), liquid smoke, mustard seed, garlic powder, aromatic bitters, chili powder, salt and pepper

I live in the south and the barbecue sauce section at grocery stores is literally 56 feet long, and there might be 5 out of the whole lot that don't contain corn syrup.
>>
>>7572405
>All it takes to make barbecue sauce at home is.....

That's a lot of things.
>>
>>7572242
BBQ sauce as a dip for mozzarella sticks is literally GOAT
>>
>>7572405
With just 12 easy ingredients, I could be making my own barbecue sauce!
>>
>>7572428
And who the fuck has molasses lying around?
>>
>>7572452
i do. i didnt buy it though. im not really sure how it even got into my kitchen.
>>
>>7572462
I have a large jug of Karo syrup in my cupboard that mysteriously appeared as well.
>>
File: completelystraight.png (684 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
completelystraight.png
684 KB, 1280x800
>>7572405
It's always a pleasure to converse with another son of our beloved Dixie. Of course the trouble with BBQ sauce is that it makes everything it touches tastes exactly.....like BBQ sauce. It completely covers up the natural flavor of meat it's put on.
>>
99.9% of bottled BBQ sauce is too sweet.

I found one at a farmers market that has 0g of sugar on the nutrition label, it still is sweet and has sugar as the last ingredient actually, but also slightly spicy to balance out the slight sweetness. So fucking difficult to find good ones.
>>
>>7572242
I know, right?

that shit is just plain awful, I don't know how most of the amercunts can eat their meat with that stuff.
>>
>>7572242

Yes.

It's candy syrup you put on meat and it's a shitty combo. BBQ is always too expensive at restaurants and the quality/flavor vary so wildly it's not enjoyable.

Why not put on a gravy, or a dipping sauce, or anything but smoke flavored corn syrup
>>
>>7572294
This tee bee eych

I hate Texans but I love their BBQ

t. Californian
>>
>>7572242
It's straight sugar syrup. awful. same with teriyaki sauce. god damn
>>
Bbq sauce is ok but ironicly has no place in actual bbq
>>
>>7572294
SpongeBob looks so stupid in this pic
>>
>>7572262
That look like indian poo in loo ass water
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.