[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poaching eggs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160414_162439322.jpg (4 MB, 5248x2952) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160414_162439322.jpg
4 MB, 5248x2952
/ck/, I need help. I'm trying to learn how to poach eggs, and I'm running into this problem. The eggs fall down to the bottom (because gravity), and then they stick to the bottom of the saucepan and start frying (pic related).
How can I prevent this without using silicone pouches or something? I want to cook five or six at a time, so using stuff like that isn't worth the overhead.
>>
>>7571682
y-you need water in the pot
>>
turn the heat up
>>
>>7571691
kek
Thanks, anon. That laugh helped me feel less retarded.
>>7571694
Is that all? Maybe simmering is really my problem...
>>
Also do a whirlpool before adding the egg
>>
>>7571700

with a small pot like that you do want a fairly vigorous boil to a) set up the white quickly so it catches bubbles and b) have the heat recover quickly so the bubbles are even there in the first place.

once it's set up you can basically turn the heat off.
>>
Do you have vinegar in the water?
Vinegar will solidify the eggs before they touch the bottom
>>
>>7571682
>I want to cook five or six at a time,

well you'll want 5 or 6 pans on at a time then
>>
>>7571710

vouch for vinegar
>>
use a bigger pot
>>
>>7571708
Oh, I see. Thanks. I'll try this tomorrow, then. Do I need to cover it, or is it fine without that?
>>7571710
>>7571725
I'll also try adding vinegar tomorrow. How much do you think I'll need?
>>7571722
General Grievous pls go
>>7571726
I don't have anything wider than that except a nonstick pan.
>>
>>7571722

also i like to pour the eggs from a cup not directly from the shell, and they should be really fresh, water should be boiled then turned down till barely simmering then swirled, dont salt it and the vinegar thing i wouldnt even bother with
>>
>>7571732

not a lot. couple tablespoons or some shit
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.