[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do with all the boiled up pork in your tonkatsu?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1460662746288.jpg (3 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
1460662746288.jpg
3 MB, 3120x4160
What do you do with all the boiled up pork in your tonkatsu? I usually leave it in but it's not great what else could I do with it?
>>
>>7571530
I throw it out.

Also, that's an odd looking tonkotsu there, OP. It's generally made with bones, not meat. The whole point of tonkotsu is the gelatin in the stock; that comes from bones and connective tissue rather than muscle meat.
>>
low energy trolling
1/10 for making me reply
>>
File: 1460663377087.jpg (3 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
1460663377087.jpg
3 MB, 3120x4160
I put a shit ton of meat and bones in it. If y'all think throw it out then I'll throw it out. I separated the bones after I boiled the animal parts, boiled the shit out of them, and mixed the broth from that with the meaty broth
>>
>>7571539
fuck you faggot. i bet your ramen sucks.

i put in it a chicken, a pig's leg, a pig's backbone, and a half a pork belly. it's deliciously fatty and tastes like the tonkatsu from all the ramen shops around town. I just dont like wasting food,
>>
Nothing, because I don't fucking boil tonkatsu.
>>
>>7571530
go back to weeb school. tonkatsu ≠ tonkotsu
>>
>>7572305
how do you make ramen broth without boiling it? bouillon?
or are you just being a smart-ass because i said "tonkatsu" when I meant "tonkatsu broth(pictured in the original post)"?
>>
>>7572336
how is it that you're correcting the spelling of a language that has no english characters? I suggest an extra semester of weeb school for you too then, faggot
>>
>>7572348
op posted in romaji, which is an acceptable way or representing japanese words with latin characters. he typed the wrong latin characters for what his picture is of.
>>
>>7572347
Tonkatsu = Breaded fried pork cutlet
Tonkotsu = Pork Ramen

Yes, that one vowel actually makes a difference.
>>
Tonkotsu is made with bones you dope. Like, a lot of them. After that it's the ends of leeks and a lot of other vegetables. That's a fucking pork broth.

Would not eat ramen with/10.
>>
>>7572786
bones pictured here
>>7571569
pls read thread before making bully comments
>>
>>7572365
>>7572377
OP here, learned somethin new today about spelling japanese words with roman characters

Anyways, i decided to make some BBQ sauce for the spent pork meat and now I have pulled pork sandwiches for days

As for the bones (yes i used a shitload of bones), my dog now has treats for days

as for the ramen, cooling it until jellyfied then canning it in mason jars. got ajimata marinating, wood-ear mushrooms ready to go, sesame oil and green onion for topping, and baby bok choy for vegetable
>>
>>7572795

No, just bones. It's not usually made with meat. I READ the thread and knew you did that.

Use the meat for something else (including the top of the ramen). it's the bones you want and the rest is a vegetable hodge podge. The best tonkotsu in the world is in Sapporo. Look up how they do it. I mean, I know you probably don't own a giant pressure cooker but you also probably don't own a restaurant.
>>
>>7572806
I guess so. I dont see any reason I should remove the meat from the bones before boiling them. I like adding lots of fatty parts to get that consistency and color that I want, and pork belly has both skin AND lots of fat
>>
>>7572815

If you want a nice clean broth then you should use the french method.

After you get rid of the solids from the broth you should take it back to a simmering pot and remove the fatty parts from the surface.
>>
>>7572821
ahhh. understood. However, "nice clean broth" is not the result that I was going for. I wanted something hearty and thick with a lot of fat.

Supposin' I could have saved a lot of money just asking for bones at the meat market but those fuckers dont even speak english so I didnt want to confuse them.
>>
>>7572831

solo los heusos

Assuming they speak Spanish at your grocery store. They'll probably just give them to you.

The places I go to have caught on and started packaging the bones, cunts.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.