[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a cook book that has practical recipes in it that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: JVBDafw.jpg (266 KB, 640x894) Image search: [Google]
JVBDafw.jpg
266 KB, 640x894
What's a cook book that has practical recipes in it that you would actually want to eat
>>
The old Good Housekeeping. Not the ones from recent years, they've gone to shit.
>>
i'm not sure what you're asking. what is a 'practical' recipe. are you just asking for a good cookbook?
>>
>>7570654
IIRC the red and white Better Homes and Gardens cookbook is pretty legit.
>>
Google
>>
Any of the America's Test Kitchen books honestly. I'm particularly fond of Kimball's Cook's Bible.
>>
>>7570725
Practical as in does not involve lots of equipment or lots off less common ingredients
>>
>>7570731
Christopher Kimball is great, he may not get all modern and flashy on the show, but the book is solid and so is he.

>>7570838
Not being a smart ass, but look into the Frugal Gourmets books, The Frugal Gourmet Whole Family Cookbook.
>>
>>7570844
It doesn't necessarily have to be cheap food.
>>
Complete cooking for Two
might actually be exactly what you are looking for, they modified recipes to make it simpler and easier to cook for two, no buying an 8 pound cut of meat you cant finish, no buying a pound of tahini you only need 4oz of, etc
>>
File: 58351.jpg (43 KB, 300x291) Image search: [Google]
58351.jpg
43 KB, 300x291
>>7570950
>complete cooking for two
>>
To be fair I'd eat every recipe out of Gordon's homecooking book, but he stresses simplicity and adds like 10 other retarded ingredients that you can only get in Britain or India or something retarded like that.
>>
>>7570654
How to Cook Everything by Mark Bitman
>>
File: laugh3.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
laugh3.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>7571637
>>
>>7573281
This

The food lab is p good too
>>
Artisan Bread in 5 minutes series has amazing bread recipes that are beyond easy and great for those on the run or those who think bread takes ages or is hard.
>>
>>7571658

like what? cheddar cheese? fennel?

i see people saying the same shit about barefoot contessa and it's ridiculous they cook really attainable shit
>>
>>7571637
if you believe in yourself, you can just make them single serving meals
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.