[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smazeny syr thread! Does /ck/ know/like this traditional Czech food?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
Smazeny syr thread!

Does /ck/ know/like this traditional Czech food?
>>
File: img_2648.jpg (3 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
img_2648.jpg
3 MB, 4320x3240
Delicious.
>>
>fried cheese
it's fucking nothing
>>
Anyone would like a bite?
>>
>>7570600
Party pooper. You'd go crazy with bliss if you ever tried it.
>>
>>7570607
Yeah but I wouldn't discuss it as an artefact of foreign cuisine. Fried cheese is such an elementary concept we have all over the world.
>>
I literally just ate a smazak, shit was so cash
>>
>>7570592
I'm sure it's very nice but nothing to write home about.
Give some more examples of Czech food?
>>
A former roommate of mine studied abroad in Prague, and he couldn't get enough of these fried cheese things. He told me he would often have them on sandwiches, said they were perfect drunk/hungover food.

From the images in this thread, I'd tend to agree. Looks delicious.
>>
Czechfag reporting in, this is literally the plebbiest food imaginable here. If you go to a restaurant that doesn't have roaches in the kitchen and order a smazak, they'll all think you're a manchild or a retard. It's literally babby food.
>>
>>7570996

>restaurant
>smazak

Nigga, you for real? A drunk/high person won't go to a restaurant anyway. It's a gut filler. just like a cheap burger/hotdog/kebab/zapiekanka
>>
>>7572813
You're trying a bit too hard there.
>>
I am a 3rd generation American. All of my grandparents were one nationality, so I am basically 1/4 of 4 different European backgrounds. Czech being one of them. Please teach this American mutt a thing or two about traditional Czech food.
>>
>>7570996
So is this like the Czech version of ordering chicken tenders at a restraunt?
>>
Isn't this just a salad with fries and one big cheese stick?
>>
>>7572873
Yeah, that is basically it, good analogy.
>>
tried this for first time two weeks ago
>cut a piece, put in mouth
>starting to chew it
>tastes actually very good
>chewing for half a minute
>shit doesnt change in any way, only coating is gone
>chewing for another 30 sec
>texture still the same
>consistency still the same
>looks like i am supposed to swallow it like this
>swallowing
>cutting another piece while imagining how that ball of rubbery cheese sits in my stomach
>>
>>7573413
You made it wrong, it's supposed to basically disintegrate right on your tongue
>>
>>7573416
ordered it, not made by myself
>>
>>7573422
Well, you should have sent it back. That is absolutely not the way the smazak should be.
>>
>>7572838
[Svee-tchko-vaagh]
Check it out:
http://www.eatingpraguetours.com/blog/svickova-braised-beef-recipe/
>>
>>7573437
HNGNNNNNNGGGGGNGNGNG

I used to have a Czech gf, and she used to make this from time to time. It is unbelievably good. I, for one, would love to try much more Czech cuisine.
>>
my state is home to the Czech Capital of the USA

so yeah
>>
>>7573560
What's that?
>>
File: Wilber.jpg (270 KB, 640x526) Image search: [Google]
Wilber.jpg
270 KB, 640x526
>>7573564
my buddy's ex used to live there

also, I must clearly be flyover scum
>>
>>7573567
damn lol. Do those dirty Czechs also smear shit on their doors like they do in their homeland?
>>
File: 2012-03-23-PeteCampbell.jpg (43 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
2012-03-23-PeteCampbell.jpg
43 KB, 225x225
>deep fried cheese
>chips
>supermarket salad

That's some really impressive traditional cuisine there, Czechia
>>
>>7570592
dlouho jsem nemel
>>
>>7570592

AWWW SHIT! My Czech born friend made this shit for us after a rave when we were all sketchy, tired, hungry and craving grease. It was glorious
>>
>>7573818
Still better than american
>>
Only kids eat that shit
>>
>>7570592
Here in Austria this used to be the one vegetarian dish restaurants had on the menu up to the 2000s.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.