[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to replicate this in a home kitchen? Hot dogs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: hotdog-roller.jpg (28 KB, 650x431) Image search: [Google]
hotdog-roller.jpg
28 KB, 650x431
Is there any way to replicate this in a home kitchen?

Hot dogs make on rollers taste amazing, so juicy and plump.
>>
I have had success with lining a baking sheet with foil
>>
File: 201658-p1.jpg (41 KB, 480x330) Image search: [Google]
201658-p1.jpg
41 KB, 480x330
>>
>americans are so dumb they need a machine to heat up a sausage
>>
I roll hot dogs around constantly when I pan fry them. I like to get some color on the infinite number of sides
>>
>>7569796
Please explain to me how you are cooking them without any machines? Do you start a fire every time you want food Mr. Caveman?
>>
>>7569825
I was obviously talking about an unitasker you stupid piece of shit.
>>
>>7569741
I've got one. I swear to god the dogs taste better when they've been on it two days.
>>
File: 1444360297786.jpg (136 KB, 652x774) Image search: [Google]
1444360297786.jpg
136 KB, 652x774
>>7569840
Looks like someone has already used up their weeks ration of Americum
>>
>>7569840

I'm the OP and I never said anything about buying a unitasker.
>>
>>7569840
Wow seems like that might require a stove or similar machinery. You Eurocucks (or more likely Africuck) sure do make our machines look silly.
>>
>>7569718
I'm always deeply, deeply suspicious of hotdogs.

I mean, for one thing? A 'hot dog' is not legally a 'sausage'. So it doesn't have to contain any meat, by law.
Mechanically recovered meat is not legally meat, so that's what they're full of. And chicken instead of pork or beef.
Now, on rollers? You just know they've been there for hours keeping warm, soaking in dust and germs and warmth.
>>
>>7569825
>Do you start a fire every time you want food Mr. Caveman?

No, I just put them on a frying pan and roll them around a bit. No machinery needed.
>>
>>7569840
>unitasker

get that faggotron alton brown shit out of here.
>>
>>7571006
Over a fire?
>>
>>7571082

Yeah, a gas flame coming out of the hob.

Lemme guess: you're going to call my range "machinery" now even though it contains zero moving parts? That's pretty autistic, anon.

I recommend smacking yourself in the face with whatever device it is that you're using to post. That might knock the fucktard out of you, and it also might damage the device and thereby stop you from posting. Either is a good thing.
>>
>>7571092
Jeez anon go blow your load, you're not you when you're horny
>>
>>7570997
Everything you've said except the last sentence was complete fucking bullshit.

>Frankfurters (a.k.a., hot dogs, wieners, or bologna) are cooked and/or smoked sausages according to the Federal standards of identity. Federal standards of identity describe the requirements for processors to follow in formulating and marketing meat, poultry, and egg products produced in the United States for sale in this country and in foreign commerce.
http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/meat-preparation/hot-dogs-and-food-safety/CT_Index
>>
File: 12329358.jpg (47 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
12329358.jpg
47 KB, 480x480
>>7569718
$40 at Target.
>>
>>7571366

Perhaps he was discussing the laws in a different country than the US?
>>
>>7569718
>>7569741
>>7571380
Gas station employee here. These things are an absolute nightmare to clean.
>>
>>7571935
I'll just get a gas station employee to clean them.
>>
>>7572029
How so? Be descriptive damn you!
>>
>>7569718
Just boil them, save your hot dog water and keep boiling your hot dogs in them, you will get this oily hot dog gravy that makes all your hotdogs superjuicy
>>
>>7569718
>amazing, so juicy and plump.
I quit /ck/ for a month and now everybody only has fat peopel's babytalk in the mouth, the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>7571935
Movie Theater employee here. They aren't tough to clean as long as you do it daily, now the taquito holders, holy fuck.
>>
>>7572330
It's been like this for over a year.

Have you seen the chicken tender threads? they're so cringe inducing I have to filter them.
>>
They've had those since the 80's.

You can probably get one for $10 or something at a walgreens.
>>
>>7569796
Eurocucks so envious they try to take a shot whenever they can
>>
>>7571391
Perhaps you are on an American image board, and America consumes the most hot dogs than any other country on earth? Perhaps you're just plain stupid?
>>
Sous vide recreates it easily.
>>
>>7571935
>cleaning them

You're supposed to let the juices accumulate on the rollers as a means of seasoning them and adding more flavor to the dogs.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.