[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you a chef or do you know any IRL? What is it about that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: kitchen 2.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
kitchen 2.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Are you a chef or do you know any IRL? What is it about that particular industry that attracts degenerates? I'm not saying all chefs are degenerate but theres a strong correlation. I know one who went to culinary school and went on to work in several kitchens. He was a heavy all day drinker, smoker, drugger, tatted up miscreant. He was like that before becoming a cook though. I remember on my off days I'd go to his place and we'd be pounding whiskey shots and smoking all day and come 3 or 4 o clock he'd be like "alrite I got work in a few, see you guys later". I was like wtf they'd fire me if I show up like this. Then he'd get off after midnight and we'd start drinking again.
>>
>>7569603
Lack of formal procedural employment procedures, high turnover rate.
>>
>>7569607
Yea I remember he just walked away from at least a couple jobs and he'd have another job in a few days. He says he would just go to a restaurant and prove he could do shit and they would hire him.
>>
>>7569603
My first job was at a restaurant I wasn't always a heavy smoker or drinker since I started working in a restaurant at times it can get stressful due to stupid customers and shitty waitresses. I normally smoke a joint after my shift to get me though my day and once I'm done I go to a bar or one of my friends house have a few drinks and repeat.
>>
>>7569603

know 1 chef

>came from rich suppotive family
>most social guy i've ever met
>alcoholic
>always moving around
>>
>>7569607
>procedural employment procedures
>procedural procedures
>>
>>7569603
i'm a steward in a conference hotel with two fine dining venues and a banquet hall that seats 300. none of the people i work with on the production staff would i consider to be degenerate.
they screen people pretty thoroughly before hiring and have exceedingly high standards for everything because the company that bought and paid for the hotel regularly hosts people with more money than god.
>>
>>7570017

hotel chefs usually seem to have their shit together, probly because they generalyl tend to pay alot more.

I knew a guy who got a job as head chef at a hotel at 22 and was making 150k+ a year
>>
>>7569603
>did exactly what you were doing but got away with doing it before work
>degenerate
hypocrite tbqh
>>
>>7569603
It's the same thing in food service all around. It's more often than not a high paced and stressful environment in a commonly shitty work environment.

We use alcohol drugs sex and other forms of "degeneracy" as a form of catharsis. But as a result of all this shit I've made some of the strongest friendships because of it.
>>
>>7569603
Work hard, play hard

OP needs to step his little girl butt up a notch
>>
>>7569603
I'm absolutely a hardcore alcoholic

t. chef
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.