[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think The Whopper is an appealing burger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: 20160413_214338.jpg (937 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160413_214338.jpg
937 KB, 2560x1536
Do you think The Whopper is an appealing burger?
>>
no it taste like disinfectant
>>
It isn't as good as a Wendy's burger and lacks the weird addictive properties of McDonald's.
>>
>>7569119
It's just "meh".
>>
oh it is delicious and today is whopper wednesday even!
>>
File: 20160413_214938.jpg (844 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160413_214938.jpg
844 KB, 2560x1536
>>7569147
Its good and not frightening at all
>>
>>7569119
*apalling
>>
>>7569126
>>7569137

NOPE. If you prefer that char-broiled taste then its pretty damn good compared to mc d's or wendy's. But I rather spend the extra coin and go to the habit for the char broiled taste.
>>
I appreciate that the whopper actually contains whole ingredients like tomato slice rather than fucking ketchup like the McDs burgers have. It feels like more of a real sandwich, my favorite fast food burger in fact. I don't really eat a lot of fast food though so I'm not familiar with more than a couple varieties. Between a big mac meal and a whopper meal I prefer the latter.
>>
>>7569119

I think the whopper is, objectively, not "America's Favorite Burger" in any measurable way.
>>
Imo its the worst "flagship" burger of all the national chains. Doesn't have special sauce like the big mac, doesn't have decent quality ingredients like Wendys hot and juicy or the Famous Star. Totally mediocre in every way possible.
>>
I happen to like all of their products, except the fries which are objectively the worst in the industry

but I don't like burgerking as a whole, something about it just seems second rate. Like it's literally the chicago of the burger world
>>
>>7569119
I've never been to Burger King. In fact I haven't had a burger from most fast food places. Is Wendy's and Burger King any good? I'm a leaf btw.
>>
Maybe it's just my local burger king, but I only taste the mustard when I bite into whoppers.
>>
>>7569234
whoppers don't even include mustard by default
>>
>>7569233
Whopper is a pretty large sandwich, if you're a skellington it's a full meal by itself.

Plus a medium drink and fries it will even leave a fatass completely full. I'm pretty sure the portions are intentionally sized that way.
>>
>>7569249
Leaf as in Canadian. But I'm not fat so that is also good advice, thank you.
>>
WHipper id too expensive

$6.75 for double? for $7 i can get an entire chicken
>>
>>7569267
Do you own a fryer?
>>
>>7569119
I like the
chicken tendercrisp>big king>crispy chicken>long chicken>whopper>xt(basically quarter pounder size whopper)>big king xxl>long chilli cheese>grilled chicken

of everything is better if it's angry

angriest whopper is a literal 10/10 burger(for cheap fast food standards)
>>
>>7569119
Lose the mayo and yes.
>>
>>7569321
also bk>>>>>>mcd any day
>>
>>7569320

whats a fryer
>>
>>7569325
Why hasn't anyone opened a McBKing. Burgers from burger king + chicken fries ( and a rework on the onion rings because the batter is just awful ) and the fries from McDonalds.
>>
>>7569341
Because McDonald's fries are shit and bk fries are pretty good as long as it's fresh
>>
>>7569353
bk fries are fucking terrible.
>>
>>7569368
Except they aren't faggot
>>
I remember when BK had single double and triple cheese burgers for 79, 89, 99 cents. And the strawberry cheese cakes.

I havent been there or bought anything since that time.
>>
i like double quarter pounder with cheese
>>
>>7569324
The mayo and cheese pretty much makes it an ok burger though.
>>
>>7569398
child
>>
>>7569224
Pretty much this
>>
>>7569119
It's better than a Big Mac.
>>
>>7569167
fuck off barneyfag
>>
>>7569119

Yeah, the Whopper's pretty good. I mean, it'd have to be, after BK decided to ruin both their fries and their nuggets over the past few year...actually, I guess it'd be several years ago now. Jeez, getting old sucks.
>>
>>7569119
The Whopper is the best 'cheap' fast food burger if you like char grilled flavor, tomato slices on your burger, and mayo.

The Big Mac is not char grilled, has no tomatoes, and uses thousand island dressing (secret sauce, lol). Go to a cookout or a proper burger restaurant and you'll notice that thousand island dressing is often missing from the list of condiments. Because no one wants it on a burger unless you give it special name.

Wendy's is fine. But their burger doesn't taste grilled. Otherwise, they may have larger patties depending on the type of burger you order.

Carl's Jr. or Hardee's can be good depending on the branch. I've noticed a large variation in their quality.
>>
The patty tastes like nothing, especially here in Australia
>>
>>7569774
I agree
>>
>>7569119
the lower bun is too soggy
>>
>>7571355
me too
>>
>>7569119
The Whopper is a legend. When done well it can be divine.
>>
Burger king is literally the worst.
>>
>>7569119
My friends I tell you,
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 460x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 460x413
It's good for a fast good burger. Am I the only one though he feels like it was much better? Like 8-10 years ago? It seems like it tastes different nowadays. I dunno. I get mine with cheese.
>>
>>7569119

Everything on it is fine but the burger patty. They are thin and dry.
>>
Of the big 3 National Chains Burger King, McDonalds and Wendys (Hardees/Carl's Jr is nearly National but not in New England) I think the Whopper is a strong offering. The patty cooked hot and fresh I'd give the whopper first place.

I have thought about buying a whopper sans burger and flame grilling my own fresh 80/20 patties on a charcoal grill and dressing it with Burger King condiments.
>>
>>7569119
I think burger king doesn't qualify as food
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.