[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the best dutch ovens ceramic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Are the best dutch ovens ceramic?
>>
File: 1431228701870.gif (2 MB, 480x271) Image search: [Google]
1431228701870.gif
2 MB, 480x271
>>7568946
generally yes
>>
>>7568946
Yes, because then you can make tomato sauce in them.
>>
>>7568946
I find heavy hand stitched quilts work best.
>>
>>7568951
> making tomato sauce
There is very little difference between canned sauce and from scratch. You're wasting your time.
>>
Was just making spaghetti sauce for my family for Sunday dinner and my old man whipped one of these out. Planning on making braised short ribs or pot roast in it next time. Make it simple with onion, garlic, and carrots potatoes and celery if it's pot roast, either with red wine and beef broth
>>
>>7568960

The difference is that you can add in seasonings, but you can't take them out. Canned sauce will always come pre-seasoned with additives, fresh sauce won't, so you have the ability to make it to your exact design.
>>
Is enamelled cast iron actually ceramic?
>>
>>7568970
What "additives", you mean like olive oil and basil? Who gives a shit, your "special recipe" probably isn't that great anyway.
>>
>>7569121

I bet you use canned vegetables and think they're fine too, you fucking monster.
>>
>>7569124
No, not really. I did use a bunch of dried persian limes this week, does that count?
>>
>>7569121
The bitch tits you get from the BPA but I see that you're half way there already.
>>
>>7569133
How am I going to get BPA bitch tits from a product that comes in a glass jar?
>>
>>7569138

The lid.
>>
What is the difference between a enameled cast iron and a stainless steel dutch oven?
>>
>>7568960
There is very little difference between a trash dump and your taste buds
>>
>>7570156
>What is the difference between a enameled cast iron and a stainless steel dutch oven?

The stainless steel ones aren't even comparable at all. It would make more sens to call them saucepans. The point of a dutch oven is that it's very thick. This stores heat and promotes even heating of the food inside. Every stainless "dutch oven" that I have seen in real life or on google is not thick at all, it's thin sheet metal, which makes it a totally different thing.
>>
>>7569101
no
>>
>>7569121
OoooĆ²h this gai.
We all love this gai.
>>
>>7569129
It's Friday. Being this edgy is only acceptable Mon-Wed.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.