[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ceramic Skillet that can take high temps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 615EsS0Y1QL._SL1500_.jpg (49 KB, 1500x832) Image search: [Google]
615EsS0Y1QL._SL1500_.jpg
49 KB, 1500x832
I'm looking for a nonstick ceramic skillet that can withstand high temperatures on the stove top. Does such a thing exist? I've had trouble finding one.
>>
>>7567969
just use a regular pan for fucks sake
>>
>ceramic

Meme material
>>
>>7567975
Is it really? The reason I'm looking is my aunt visited me recently and made me promise to throw away my regular nonsticks, and she didn't like my stainless steel pans.
>>
>>7567969
Well it sure as hell isn't that walmart piece of crap.
>>
File: 1384597407080.png (362 KB, 638x478) Image search: [Google]
1384597407080.png
362 KB, 638x478
>I'm looking for a meme

You've come to the right place
>>
>>7567973
Have a recommendation for a good 14" skillet?
>>
>>7567982
I just picked the first image I saw on google. I would never buy anything from Wal-Mart that I intended to last for years.
>>
>>7567980
>Is it really?
Yeah, it's gimmicky shit.

Why did she make you throw away your normal nonstick pans? Did she manage to convince you of some tinfoil hat bullshit?

>>and she didn't like my stainless steel pans.
Who cares? Your aunt can buy whatever pans she wants to use. And you can use yours.
>>
>>7567991
Well I've also just been needing a 14" skillet since I wrecked mine about a year ago.

I'm not sure it's super tinfoily. Pans on the stove top can get well above the level it takes for pfoa to degrade.
>>
>>7567991
You know aluminum also causes Alzheimer's? Better off lining your tinfoil hat with parchment paper
>>
>>7568018
>Pans on the stove top can get well above the level it takes for pfoa to degrade.

Only if you are a retard and leave the pan on the heat unattended. The food in your pan will be burning well before the ptfe degrades.
>>
>>7568032
>You know aluminum also causes Alzheimer's?

Yeah, and scabs cause cuts, right?

I have read a paper that found aluminum linked to Alzheimers, but that's not the same as it being causal. There is no causal evidence, just a correlation.

It doesn't make any logical sense for aluminum to be dangerous in the slightest. It's one of the most common elements on earth. It's found in many foods as well (including vegetables). Trying to avoid contact with aluminum is about as silly as trying to avoid contact with air.
>>
>>7567980
>and she didn't like my stainless steel pans.

Oh so you're trolling. Gotcha.
>>
>>7567980
get an anodized aluminum skillet
>>
>>7568033
I normally brown onions around high. Should I not be?
>>
>>7568066
You're fine.

The point is that your food would be burning (filling the house with smoke) before the ptfe would start to degrade. Therefore you don't have to worry about overheating the skillet because you have a built-in warning: massive amounts of smoke.

Assuming your onions aren't in a cloud of smoke then you're not doing anything wrong.
>>
as long as it's fully ceramic and not coated, you can heat that thing up to the melting point of glass without a worry, bub. I personally don't like cooking with ceramic skillets because I'm a klutz and they will break if dropped, and also thermal shock is an issue, but they can get far hotter than you need to cook on
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.