[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /crispy/ here? after much experimentation this week and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Crispy-Bacon.jpg (80 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Crispy-Bacon.jpg
80 KB, 640x360
who /crispy/ here?

after much experimentation this week and despite preferring my meat on the rare side across the board, I have decided I am firmly on team crispy.
I want this shit so dried out its like a cracker
>>
Bacon is supposed to be fried in it's own fat until crispy.

This new craze of baking it in the oven and thinking easier=better is ridiculous, not to mention yuros attempts at "bacon".
>>
>>7567658
you can still bake it till it's crispy too

>yuros attempts at "bacon".

that's a different type and is completely valid as well
>>
>>7567667
as my friend once said "after visiting america I always get excited when I see bacon on a menu, but then I remember it's just a slice of ham"
>>
>>7567671

>"Can I get that bacon extra crispy?"

It's SO hard to order your food how you like it, am I right?
>>
The problem with crispy is a lot of idiots wind up charring it and all you taste is the char. Perfect crisp bacon is the best, although I usually keep a bit of the fat on if I make it for myself since I like the bit of chewyness.
>>
>>7567658
You take that back you fucking hamburger
>>
>>7567736
That's not a problem with "crispy". that's a problem with "Char", which is something different entirely.
>>
Are you supposed to cook the entire package at once? There's always so much leftover
>>
>>7567802
>>Are you supposed to cook the entire package at once?

No, you cook however much you need.

>> There's always so much leftover
Why is that a problem? Bacon keeps a long time and it has countless uses in the kitchen. Surely you can find something to use up the rest for:
Crumble and use to top salads or baked potatoes
Saute with vegetables
Wrap lean meats & then roast in the oven
Use to add flavor when cooking beans or other stewed dishes
>>
File: 013.jpg (43 KB, 548x431) Image search: [Google]
013.jpg
43 KB, 548x431
I despise crispy bacon. I like american style bacon as chewy as possible. But still rendered out enough so there are no bits of rubbery fat. There is a very small window in the cooking process where I consider it perfect.

The texture I'm after is almost like beef jerky, and it's only possible with thick cut bacon.
>>
File: basedryback.jpg (38 KB, 400x517) Image search: [Google]
basedryback.jpg
38 KB, 400x517
mi man rybag strong lie my smell.

kit fisto bad us cham ann stupid lie paki
>>
>>7567853
Kevin Obese likes his bacon uncooked
>>
>>7567679
>It's SO hard to order your food how you like it, am I right?
>excuse me, I'm sorry, but this bacon isnt how I like it, could you please go get some pork belly instead of rashers and make my bacon american style?
>>
>>7567671
I went to murrca once and was delighted to find bacon on the breakfast menu. Then instead of delicious, chewy, salty, tender meat, I was served a stick of salted charcoal.
>>
>>7567658
what people call bacon varies all over europe. stop refering to it as one place.
>>
>>7567843
This man gets it. Crispy rendered fat, juicy salty muscle with small patches of browning.
>>
perfect bacon is within that 45 second period where the fat is rendered and it's all browned, right before it becomes a dessicated charred stick of disappointment
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.