[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/ I'm from Toronto and I'm heading out west
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
Hey /ck/ I'm from Toronto and I'm heading out west in a few weeks for the first time. I'll be hitting up Vancouver and San Francisco with stopover in Eugene, Oregon.
Looking to see if anyone had any ideas about what I should try or have any awesome recommendations for places.|

Already have a bunch of things on my list like In N Out, fish tacos, oysters and seafood. Looking to see if anyone in the area or has been before can help me out.
>>
>actually putting fast food on your list of things to try
>>
>>7567307
This
Go to the local subreddit(I know lol plebbit) and ask them the best places to eat
>>
>>7567307
Why not? If I ever visit the US I'm probably eating all that trash.
>>
>>7567621
killl yourself
>>
>>7567730
In all seriousness
You probably should
>>
>>7567307
>>7567702
Literally nothing wrong with wanting to try different fast food. Although I was a bit underwhelmed when I first tried In-N-Out, it's just cheap.
>>
>>7567702

>If I ever visit the US I'm probably eating all that trash

Don't get me wrong, I ate fish and chips in England, fries in Belgium, and plenty of pre-made baguette sandwiches in France.

But fast food is fucking fast food. It's all shit and it's all the same.
>>
File: 1449132094507.jpg (6 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1449132094507.jpg
6 KB, 250x240
>>7567297
OP I'm from Eugene. Some places I would recommend include The Fisherman's Market and Giant Burger. We have a lot of good breweries around too.
>>
>>7567297
Are you visiting Vancouver Island?
>>
>>7567297

Vancouverfag here. Go to Olympia on West Broadway for good Greek/Italian food.
>>
File: duckedup.jpg (108 KB, 980x490) Image search: [Google]
duckedup.jpg
108 KB, 980x490
As far as SF goes I personally recommend Taqueria Cancun, Deli Board, and Cellarmaker Brewing Co. They are all within a miles walk and you can have fun at Dolores Park.

I know canucks are tired of that shit but chinatown is also a good visit. Dumplings, pounds of food for under $5 etc.

If you want the meme list besides what was already mentioned check out Ike's subs, orange sauce in san jose taco shops, acme bread, or some shellfish on the water. AT&T park is fucking great also.
>>
get sushi in Vancouver and Chinese food in SF. Don't have any other food advice, but these two things stuck out as being especially good.

Also, as a general note, consider hanging out in the wine country just north of SF. I've never seen landscape like it. really beautiful.
>>
>>7568621
>mexican food

Yeah I forgot to mention this. The MX food I've had in the West is a few steps above the stuff I've had on the East Coast and the South. Never eaten Mex in SF, but the Mex food I had in San Diego, Denver and Santa Fe was top notch, so I'd imagine SF's is good too.
>>
>>7567307
Lots of people go to the US to try fast food, its one of the things you guys are known for. You've probably grown so used to having a vast variety of fast food joints but many places only have mcdonalds and maybe one or two other joints.
>>
File: 1415718947543.gif (361 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1415718947543.gif
361 KB, 500x375
OP here

>>7568324
Thanks for the recommendations I'll definitely try one of those two places in Eugene. Any specific brewery you like?

>>7568590
No were staying in Surrey and making day trips into Vancouver so Vancouver island will be a little far.

>>7568595
Awesome I'll add that to the list!

>>7568621
Great list, thanks I'll take a look into all those places and see what everyone wants to check out.
>>
File: rubios.jpg (42 KB, 542x454) Image search: [Google]
rubios.jpg
42 KB, 542x454
>>7567297

Forget about InnOut and just go straight to the Habit burgers, and definitely try Rubio's fish tacos - that shit is like crack.
>>
>>7567297
>Vancouver
Powell St. Brewing
Bomber Brewing
Off The Rail Brewing
Strangefellows Brewpub.

All within 1km of each other. Assuming you're staying downtown, just take the #4 bus to Clark Drive. Also hit up Mike Emery's lounge if you're into dank stuff.
>>
>>7569201

Fucking hipster faggot.
>>
>>7567297
For vancouver.

Vij's
Tojo's
Blue water cafe
Tap and barrel
Craft
Black and blue
Stepho's
Antons
Guu with garlic
Cin cin
Hawksworth
Thomas haas
Cactus club English bay
The boathouse horseshoe bay
The lobby at pinnacle
Tomahawk for breakfast
Village taphouse park royal
>>
>>7569887

You forgot Five Sails.
>>
Make a pit stop in tillamook Oregon and go to the creamery. Food is amazing, and you get to see how they make cheese and ice cream (squeeky cheese is a must try).
>>
>>7569892

And Le Crocodile
>>
>>7569892
Shit your right. Good call :)
>>
House of Prime Rib in San Francisco. You're going to want to make reservations asap, or show up an hour before opening to get your name on the wait list.
>>
Are you into coffee and pastries at all? Because SF has some incredible stuff in that area.
>>
>>7569161
Sorry for the delay OP. I prefer oakshire brewing, Ninkasi and Hop valley. All have great food to match with their quality brew.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.