[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you a non chinese person who can make Chinese restaurant food?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
How do you do it? I've only tried a handful of times but it tastes like white man garbage. Where's the chinese food for me 247?
>>
File: bravery.jpg (66 KB, 504x720) Image search: [Google]
bravery.jpg
66 KB, 504x720
>thinly veiled SJW is why I'm not a winner thread: GO
Poo in loo, nigger nigger nigger, feminazis are why I was born in le wrong decade, cast iron pans are the best, muh craft beer, tipping is a jew scam here's a tip should of got a real job

Did I miss anything? Oh right, umami isn't real should of dropped more bombs
>>
>>7567141
i dont know what the fuck you just said but im certain you have a mental illness

please leave this thread/website
>>
>>7567142
>I'm just going to play dumb and hope this still goes as planned
You /pol/esmokers all think you're "unique", dropping into /ck/ and asking about le white man cooking le brown man food cultural appropriation argument, obviously this is a really popular meme in tumblr or whatever.

Please try to understand, we've been getting these threads about every three days for the last month, and while it may seem like new and fresh humor to you, it's tiresome to us.
>>
>>7567143
you are psychotic

im glad ill never meet you. get help.
>>
File: autism.jpg (131 KB, 669x667) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
131 KB, 669x667
>>7567141
>>
>>7567129
You probably weren't using enough MSG.
>>
>Chinese restaurant food
>white man garbage

Choose both. Nobody in China has ever eaten the candy-coated garbage your takeout hole sells.
>>
>>7567178
like i give a fuck. it tastes great.

chicken with ginger and shallots
san choi bow
short soup
spring rolls
prawn gow gee
dim sum
beef in black bean sauce
salt and pepper prawn/calamri/chicken
fried rice

holy fuck i gotta marry a subserviant chinese girl or old chinese man who cooks chinese food
>>
>>7567143
>tumblrtard
>also psycho
color me surprised
>>
>>7567183
>san choi bow
I've never heard of this before, and googling it seems to lead mostly to Australian websites.
Are you Australian OP?
>>
>>7567189
one hundred percent. theres a huge chinese population here and ive been eating chinese since i was a kid. its like the more expensive version of pizza, but i can make pizza, i cant make this stuff and i hate how i have to buy it
>>
>>7567188
>bringing up tumblr so you can whine about it
food and cooking
>>
>>7567193
The answer to the question 'why doesn't my food taste like X cuisine' is one hundred times out of ten going to be 'because you're not using the right ingredients, moron'.

Google recipes for the food you want. Look specifically for ones by Chinese bloggers or which the poster at least claims is from someone Chinese. Note the ingredients. See anything unfamiliar? Buy it. Can't find it in stores? Order it online. Want to try substituting some easily-procured white people ingredient (hurr durr 'five spice powder' I'll just pick five of whatever's in the spice rack, rite?!) instead? Don't.

If you're following a Chinese recipe step for step with no dumbass substitutions and you're STILL fucking it up, you're a literal retard who can't cook his own cuisine, either.
>>
Isn't the most basic of brown sauces like 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2tsp sesame oil, 4tbsp water and maybe a tbsp of sugar? Just try making a stir-fry (well without a wok and a burner you're just sautéing).
>>
>>7567129
Its too much hassle to do resturant chinese food at home.They use higher power wok burners.Im half chinese and homecooked chinese food is alot different to resturant stuff.Some dishes can be done at home,but if i want hoisin pork ,duck or dim sum me and my relatives just buy it from a resturant ready done.Its too much work to do it at home
>>
>>7567237

You left out the cornstarch.

It's also rare in actual chinese cooking for a single "Sauce" to be added. Those same ingredients may be used but they're rarely added all at once. The different ingredients are added at different times during the stir-fry process.

Ususally the flavorful stuff is the first thing to go into the wok. Once it's armomatic then the meat/veg are added. Sugar would be added near the end, otherwise the sugar would burn. Same with the water-cornstarch slurry that thickens the sauce--that's usually the last thing to go in.

Try watching some of the old Japanese Iron Chef programs that feature Chinese cooks. You can usually watch the whole stir-fry process in quite a bit of detail. Pay attention to the order in which ingredients are added.
>>
File: 61aOHd+BCuL._SL1500_.jpg (97 KB, 898x1000) Image search: [Google]
61aOHd+BCuL._SL1500_.jpg
97 KB, 898x1000
>>7567245

Depends a lot on the specific dish. Thinks like peking duck involve a lot of time so yeah, those are impractical to do at home. But most stir-fries are certainly possible to do at home. The high power needed for a good stir-fry is easily achieved by pic related, an inexpensive propane burner, aka "turkey fryer".
>>
>>7567174
This
Everything tastes like chinese takeout if you add MSG
>>
>>7567268
cool,ill buy one of those
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.