[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of diet soda?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 474x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 474x316
What do you guys think of diet soda?
>>
It taste disgusting and the fake sugar gives me the shits
>>
>>7566808

i mix it with my liquor to feel like less of a piece of shit but regret it because it tastes like ass
>>
The sweeteners don't taste as good as sugar, but I prefer the less sticky feeling of diet soda overall. Diet Coke tastes objectively better than regular Coke due to formula tweaks, not dietness. Stevia sodas all taste like punishment and death.
>>
They don't taste as good as regular pop and also I'm not diabetic so I don't drink them.
>>
File: woosh.png (18 KB, 233x208) Image search: [Google]
woosh.png
18 KB, 233x208
The same thing I think of all soda.
>>
>>7566808
Diet AW Brands are the best and taste even better than the sugared varieties -- it's the damnest thing
>>
I don't get how people can stand diet, it just tastes like garbage and I'd rather just drink the real thing.

>tfw people say they can't taste the difference.
>>
I don't wanna start up a new thread since its just a question not really a topic but.
I wanted to make something with Strawberry extract but no where sells it near me.
On a scale of 1 to holy shit nigger what are you doing? how bad would it be to use Strawberry powder instead?
>>
I've never understood why some people don't drink diet. You're just choosing to have extra sugar for no reason.
>>
I don't like the bad feel in the mouth after drinking regular coke, so I prefer coke zero. It tastes a bit different but not worse imo, it's just a matter of getting used to it.
>>
>>7566808
aspartame coats my mouth in a gross aftertaste that i cant get rid of until the next day
>>
Zero > Regular > Diet

Anything else is objectively wrong.
>>
>>7566962
This for me as well. Your teeth almost sticking together after standard coke feels really weird.
>>
>>7566953

it tastes like shit? retard
>>
Dr pepper ten is god tier. I drink multiple cans every day
>>
diet soda is the only reason I'm not obese

I gain weight when I'm not drinking diet soda. When I feel like snacking or I'm going to over eat I just pound a can of diet dr.pepper or coke zero and it takes the edge off enough to survive the storm

also I'm in a pretty bad place as far as my caffine consumption goes, one redbull and 4 cans of soda a day. I really have trouble just getting out of bed in the morning at this point
>>
i find it amusing that mountain dew is so unhealthy that the diet version still has 10 calories
>>
Absolutely nothing wrong with it,
>>
aspartame can make u high as hell folks! that's why i drink REGULR soda folks augh yeah folks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIKNQeebEss
>>
Diet A&W root beer is the only soda I will drink, because the PH is around 4.2. Coca Cola ph is 2.5
>>
>>7567788
how does it feel to have no willpower whatsoever?
>>
>>7567841
It feels better than being fat.
>>
>>7566808
Cancer,obesity and diabetes in a can.
>>
>>7567777
fuck you now i have to drink dr pepper 10
>>
>>7567788
just replace all that garbage with tea or black coffee
>>
>>7567788
I started this thread because I've started drinking diet too because I've started to get fat out of nowhere, I guess I can't eat as much as I used to anymore when I was skelly. I barely drank regular soda, the only reason I've started drinking diet soda is because the carbonation adds to the full feeling and scratches the itch to eat or drink something like you said. I'm not a huge fan of the taste but it's drinkable
>>
File: o-COKE-ZERO-facebook.jpg (224 KB, 1536x1536) Image search: [Google]
o-COKE-ZERO-facebook.jpg
224 KB, 1536x1536
I drink diet soda and I am obese and I am on a diet.
I used to drink regular soda and would have at LEAST 1000 calories per day, so I have already dropped 1000 calories per day from this switch. I am still not losing much weight, because I have a condition called 'soda metabolism' where the gas bubbles in the soda I used to drink puff up and push food back into my stomach. But it is helping. Pretending that diet soda is bad because it has no nutrtional value is dumb. Normal soda has NEGATIVE nutrional value. So I have replaced a negative with nothing, which is actually the smart way to diet. For example I used to chew sugary gum. Now I chew sugarless gum. I used to eat mayonaise with every meal. Now I just dip my food into peanut butter. Negative replaced with nothing. Diet Soda is great for me.
>>
>>7566809
avoid sugar alcohols
>>7566808
coke zero and A&W are the only really good ones, all the others taste quite different from their namesake.
>>
>>7566985
This.

There's literally nothing wrong with the taste, everyone is just used to having over-sugared products. Just adjust your pallet and you'll save yourself 400 calories every meal, not to mention all the sugar.

It's gay but I also water down my juices with 50% water now, I can't stand fully sugared drinks anymore.
>>
File: th.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>7566808
A 'can't help it' because I'm diabetic.
>6 foot one and 150 lbs. Got it from pancreatitus versus being fatass.

Sucks that all the good flavors aren't diet. Like Mtn Dew Voltage, or grape flavors, specialty flavors. Sad day. What I would give to have a 12 pack of diet black cherry cola. I know its out there, but no store around me stocks it. The best I have is diet vanilla cherry Dr. Pepper. (which is actually pretty boss).
>>
>>7568135
Peanut-butter is still pretty calorie dense, I might try to cut back on it a little bit. Something like hot-sauce might be better, as they're usually pretty low in calories
>>
>>7568135
Just replace it with delicious water and do your body some good, dumb fuck. You need hydration. Soda tastes like shit without sugar so what's the damn point.
>>
>>7568778
been a t1 since birth basically, its getting better in terms of variety and such.
>>
>>7567814
Diet AW Cream Soda and AW ten are also excellent
>>
>>7569343
>>7569352
Are you guys retarded? People like >>7568135 don't actually exist. There is no way people that dense can function enough to live long enough to learn to spell/type.
>>
>>7569545
Well, I'm not like that person. But I have dieted and lost 100lbs. Diet soda made it that much easier, since I was drinking that instead of the fully-loaded stuff.
>>
I'm average bmi, have been all of my adult life. I drink diet soda (if drinking soda) because I prefer to eat my calories. Hansen's does a decent diet orange and diet root beer.
>>
I like Dr. Pepper 10 and Coke Zero more than their original beverages.
>>
>>7567777
>>7571097
I never understood the whole appeal of Dr. Pepper 10. Like why is marketing those 10 calories so significant? Borderline dietism?
>>
How does diet soda works? It's Zero in everything but the only difference is that it doesn't have sugar.
>>
>>7571519
What do you mean 'everything'? Soda does not have fat/protein, it's just sugar.
>>
>>7566808
Name brand ones will cause you to gain weight and give you brain legions and strokes... Make your own soda
>>
>>7566808
No problem there. I drink them and lose weight steadily.
>>
I prefer Diet Coke over real coke. I don't like the excessive sweetness and the way it sticks to your teeth. Diet Coke is refreshing. I'd never use a diet soda in a mixed drink though.
>>
>drinking any kind of soda
lol, blacks and trailer trash.
>>
>>7566810
The alcohol reacts with the fake sugar and breaks it into some disgusting stuff.
>>
They make my tongue go numb and taste like shit. But 0 calories.

>calories in, calories out

Remember? ;^)
>>
>>7566808

I didn't believe it, but i lost 4 kg since i switched to diet sodas.
Gonna eliminate sodas from my diet completely soonish.

diet coke & diet coke with lemon is what i drink now
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.