[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beginner Intermediate Advanced Professional Where would you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 250.jpg (17 KB, 410x210) Image search: [Google]
250.jpg
17 KB, 410x210
Beginner
Intermediate
Advanced
Professional

Where would you rate Chicago Cutlery knives?
>>
Beginner or intermediate, depending on the model.
>>
>"professional" for the top tier as though working cooks don't just use whatever shitty knife the rental service just sharpened

Go to bed.
>>
>>7566513
looks like a dull and cheap blade desu ...
>>
>Why get chicago when you can get the finest Cutco© knives! Only 1200 dollars for mediocre knives!

Save me my neighbor is doing this.
>>
>>7566987

it's not at all. They are very decent knives. Drop forged, properly ground, distal taper, good steel, good fit and finish. for the price, they are top tier value.

They are beginner/intermediate knives, will get he job done for most cooks and a great place to start with a knife
>>7566967
cutco aren't bad but they're actually not much higher quality than the Chicago blades. The most notable thing about them is that they are deeply hollow ground behind the edge, which accounts for why people notice a difference when using them
>>
>>7566987
>>7567647

bump for tie breaker

>garbage in garbagey garbage garbage

>amazing! memewords! le best buys!
>>
File: CC_featured_sept.jpg (92 KB, 1200x643) Image search: [Google]
CC_featured_sept.jpg
92 KB, 1200x643
I rank them beginner-advanced coz I've been using them for 25+ years but I won't pretend to know what's fit for a pro...probably some pretentious Japanese blade
>>
File: vf40520vix_x1000.jpg (96 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
vf40520vix_x1000.jpg
96 KB, 1000x1000
>>7566513

intermediate at best... maybe even beginner.

a new chicago cutlery set is good enough and better than nothing for sure... but it's a far cry from other manufacturers.

>>7567647

This is pretty true.. they are a decent value if you aren't super serious about cooking, don't do it terribly often, or just happen to be on a budget.

HOWEVER - as everyone around here will tell you, if you are on a budget then you should get a single victorinox 8 inch chefs for about 20 bucks and consider yourself done as you can do 423% of everything you need to do in a kitchen with that knife, including boil pasta. its like a magic wand that can give you the best orgasm you've ever had.

there are other brands like dexter russel and a few others that other people around here will also swear by.

you can get a couple paring knives from the same company for small work

...and a serrated bread knife from walmart or your local goodwill for 3 dollars.

you can get a two sided rough/fine sharpening stone for 20 to 40 bucks and for under 100 bucks you'll have knives that will be sharper and outlast any chicago cutlery set....
>>
>>7569278

That knife looks like shit, and should be driving in nascar with all that fucking branding.
>>
>>7569307

Your mom looks like shit and should be driving nascar with how redneck she is.
>>
>>7569278
>dexter russel

This is the workhorse of almost all professional kitchens and they cost less than 30 dollars for a good sized chefs.
>>
>>7569278
>Victorinox
That's the same brand as my laptop bag...
>>
>>7569278
>victorinox 8 inch chefs
>about 20 bucks
they've jacked the price way up due to all the word of mouth and memery
It's like 42 bucks on amazon these days
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.