[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016 /04/12/chick-fil-shuns-s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1450410090178.jpg (13 KB, 400x390) Image search: [Google]
1450410090178.jpg
13 KB, 400x390
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/04/12/chick-fil-shuns-surprising-ingredient-from-restaurant-menus/

>Mfw CFA is going to replace lettuce with Kale

Le meme food. is this shit even that much better anyways?
>>
>>7566288
Kale is only a meme food in flyover country where Romaine lettuce is seen as a fancy alternative to ice burg.

Stay pleb, OP.
>>
>>7566305
>muh kale
>muh super foods

nice fucking memes.
>>
>>7566288
>doesn't use iceberg lettuce
>somehow makes them hipster douches
i'm a hillbilly and i've been eating kale for years, along with the less popular (among hipsters..for the moment) turnip and mustard leaves.

next you'll be telling me that South American Indians are a meme people because they've been subsisting on Quinoa for millenia.
>>
>>7566305
As a Californian, it's basically a meme here too. The placeholder superfood. Kind of on its way out as the main superfood but whatever.
>>
>>7566288
They trying their best to get back the crowd from back when they said they hate fags.
>>
>>7566288
>>7566431
>>7566461
>>7566504
you fags if you'd ever gotten out of your mom's boyfriend's basements you'd know that kale has become quite common
>>
>>7566288
It grows very easily so is cheaper than all lettuces except perhaps iceberg. I suppose this makes it suitable for fast food.

It's expensive at some restaurants and health food stores because people there are people going to such places who assume it's worth more, but if you go to a regular grocery store it will be one of the cheapest greens there.
>>
I love kale sautéed with couple cloves of garlic and Sichuan peppercorns. Add some rice cooked with Chinese sausage and baby you got a meal.
>>
>>7566288
Well, from what I know offhand, kale is most likely cheaper and more nutritionally dense than most(if not all) varieties of lettuce, especially iceberg lettuce(basically just crispy water).

>>7566458
I just happen to make some food yesterday with kale, turnip and beet greens.

I don't know if I'm a hipster foodie but when you buy turnips and beets with the greens still attached, why throw away perfectly good food?

Turns out a lot of greens we throw away are edible, some others I have tried are radish and carrot greens. Too bad since I can only get them as part of what the market is actually selling(like the turnips), the quality varies too much to rely on these things consistently.
>>
>>7566768
You should try potato greens. They're the best. Don't believe the hype; faggots are just trying to keep the prices low by telling lies and scaring people.
>>
kale tastes like shit
>>
>>7566782
You should try harder.
>>
>>7566782
Nice one. On a related note i ate a potato that turned green from sunlight once. Worst weekend ever
>>
>>7566288
I like kale way more than lettuce in most situations.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.