[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not the most experienced but I prepared perhaps my most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 20160412_222410.jpg (2 MB, 4032x2268) Image search: [Google]
20160412_222410.jpg
2 MB, 4032x2268
I'm not the most experienced but I prepared perhaps my most photogenic dish yet today, some mighty delicious enchiladas. Just recently moved out of the proverbial parent's basement this month, so I'm looking forward to moving on from here. Also managed to clean while cooking as much as possible, and kitchen is spotless now, an hour later. Just felt like sharing!
>>
>>7566096
proud of u anon keep it up
>>
>>7566096
looks good breh
>>
>>7566096
That looks really good man keep it up! Congrats on the new place :)
>>
>>7566096
kewl blogpost
>>
>>7566111
>>7566136
>>7566154
Thanks bros

>>7566155
>>
Keep cooking and practicing, anon!

It looks good!
>>
Looks pretty good.

Probably the best thing at the proverbial church potluck.
>>
>>7566096
Those look good. I've never made enchiladas myself, but my mom makes the best ever. Probably why I haven't tried.
Actually, now I think about it, I've made burritos - but I generally don't cook Mexican or Latin American dishes. I center around Europe and Asia (including India/SE Asia). I've done one or two African dishes. Hm. Never realized how regionally centered my cooking is....
>>
Looks good, gringo. I would use a bit less tomatoes on top, but otherwise would eat.
>>
>>7566164
Thanks!

>>7566166
Thanks, my roommate/good friend seemed pretty genuinely impressed, and he dabbles culinarily (but is also a normie so here I am)

>>7566180
Thank you, if you've made burritos I found it to not be too far from it, just some more prepwork, more dishes/cleaning, the addition of the sauce, and extra actual baking of the enchiladas. Of course, that's curved to a degree depending on what you choose to throw in there, for example I sauteed garlic and onions in the skillet I had removed the seasoned chicken I just cooked from, and threw in some vegetables and minced tomatoes and then the chicken itself to complete the filling. And if you can roll a burrito, an enchilada is just a skinner burrito. If you're curious, I used a recipie I found evidentlaly by Tyler Florence I found online quickly, fairly to a tee, just half as large a serving and substituted more green chile for the silantro, and threw in scallions in the vegetable mix in addition to as part of the garnish. I've always had a penchant for latin (mexican specifically) food myself, and Indian is perhaps the most foreign to me, but I imagine getting there some day. Most things are worth trying once, ey?
>>7566204
Thanks, and it's funny you say that, you're absolutely right, I went ahead and used a little more than I thought I would feel I should initially while prepping, and the extra I threw on top largely went wayside and subsequently in the leftover containers.
>>
>>7566210
*recipe *evidently, ugh

And here's the link to said recipe if anyone is interested;
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/chicken-enchiladas-recipe.html

Apologies if food network or tyler florence are for some reason faux pas here.
>>
>>7566210
>substituted more green chile for the silantro
Agh, I mean I substituted out the chipotle for more green chile, I kept the silantro (which was excellent)
>>
File: dsc_13441.jpg (945 KB, 1995x1995) Image search: [Google]
dsc_13441.jpg
945 KB, 1995x1995
im no expert, but it looks overcooked
plus you shouldnt put those toppings on like that
you should have kept it separated

can't really judge the food because of how you just covered it up with layers of shit ontop

and for next time, just put the toppings to the side of your dish on the same plate, it would be more photogenic and appetizing , also dice the toppings more finely and mix the green onions with the tomatoes better so its more like a salsa , add finely diced hot peppers to it as well and some onions like pic related

also for sour cream, a little goes a long way. dont just dab a huge chunk like that ontop, just a little bit will add texture and flavor with the salsa

also are those things too big? they look too big, smaller size would have been better, more flavorful and concise with what youre trying to achieve
>>
>>7567650
oh maybe you should have added a side of rice as well

and you didnt really tell us the ingredients used, i'd suggest something like shredded chicken with black beans and corn
>>
>>7566096

Not a big fan of scallions but otherwise looks p good OP :)
>>
>>7566096
You're off to a better start than a lot of people on this board. I would be impressed by that from a normie.

That being said, no need for the toppings. Cold hard tomatoes on hot enchiladas? No thanks. More sauce, and less tomatoes in the sauce, I like mine a deep red with smoked chilies blended in (even if I use a can). I also don't use cheddar, shits gross. Jack and mozz do well.

proud of u bud
>>
>>7566096
Looks aight, worried that the bottom might get wet though
>>
>>7566096
Looks like peas and carrots in the thumbnail.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.