[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he still drinks drip coffee Are you still a plebeian?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: vac-pot-and-chemex1.jpg (61 KB, 400x515) Image search: [Google]
vac-pot-and-chemex1.jpg
61 KB, 400x515
>he still drinks drip coffee

Are you still a plebeian?
>>
>>7566086
You know when people on /ck/ absurdly call things hipster because they don't like popular things? Well, in this case they'd be correct.
>>
>>7566086
wow it looks so convenient and reasonably priced
>>
>>7566110
You know when people on /ck/ absurdly fall for the lowest hanging bait you've ever seen? Well, this would be a case of that.
>>
Stove boilt water + French press. Folgers decaf. Oh, and I smoke weed too. Am I a plebian?
>>
>>7566151
Decaf Folgers is like middle class house wife tier.
>>
>>7566151
You sir are an utter disgrace. I bet you don't even get the water to precisely 204 degrees Fahrenheit.
>>
>>7566161
Sometimes I take the pan off the burner when there are only little bubbles, sometimes I forget about it and the pan goes dry. It's a French press too! This is so I don't have to clean the pan between uses. I only have two pans.
>>
>>7566086
Is the chemex just a fancy pour over filter?
>>
>vac coffee
How's the weather in 1989, OP?
>>
>>7566187
Even better. It's a drip coffee maker that uses an expensive filter. If I were a marketer I'd call it a gravity fed coffee infuser with unbleached organic filters.
>>
>>7566187
It's a vacuum.
>>
File: acd9.jpg (1 MB, 4000x2657) Image search: [Google]
acd9.jpg
1 MB, 4000x2657
The problem here is you faggots are thinking of drip coffee as this overly complicated thing, when in fact it's the simplest god damn thing in the world. It's been perfected with Vietnamese coffee; see pic related if you're a complete dumb fuck who has no grasp of drip methods outside your own perception of hipsters brewing with fucking bunsen beakers, you fucking idiots.
>>
Nothing beats drip in terms of convenience. 30 seconds to make 12 cups worth.
>>
>>7566187
>fancy
Hardly. Just old and overly involved.
It's certainly pour-over, though.

It was popular in the 60s and 70s, then people were like "you know what? I really can't tell the difference between coffee made by automatic drip and coffee made with this Erlenmeyer flask," so it fell out of fashion. Since a lot of the popular aesthetic of the late 2000s and early 2010s was sourced from the 70s and 80s, Chemex made a come back. I expect that once the novelty wears off and people will, once again, notice that there's little discernable difference between coffee brewed by autodrip v Chemex, it'll be yet again forgotten for another thirty-to-forty years, only to yet again resurface at that point.

The first episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, which premiered in 1970, shows her brewing a pot of coffee using a Chemex.

>>7566199
>bunsen beaker
It's an erlenmeyer flask.
>>
>>7566086
I sacrifice a virgin goat before each cup.
Get on my level.
>>
>>7566231
You absolute plebean. I'm willing to bet you listen to digital music as well.
>>
>>7566246
I'll have you know I listen to boots in a dryer.
>>
File: butter churn.jpg (255 KB, 1340x1033) Image search: [Google]
butter churn.jpg
255 KB, 1340x1033
>>7566261
>using an electric clothes dryer

Just as I thought.
>>
>>7566283
kek
>>
>>7566283
It's gas heated, but the tumbler's electric, yeah.

Also, the hipster couple down the street have a butter churn and ice cream churn displayed prominently in their bay window. I don't think they've ever used either.
>>
drip or press

and why
>>
>>7566313
Press if you want the proper taste of coffee.
Drip if you're squeemish about a little bit of sediment in your mug.
>>
>>7566313
Press gets all the oil out of the coffee beans, giving it a fuller flavor. If you aren't into that kind of thing, then get a drip.
>>
>>7566292
>tumbler
>>
>>7566086
Is this from Breaking Bad when that nice boy got killed after making the perfect coffee? Why ?
>>
>>7566283
That butter churner is Moot
>>
>>7566232
talk about shit taste
>>
>not making your coffee with a meth lab
>pretending to know anything about coffee
>>
>>7566437
>he doesn't know what a tumbler is
Dear me, you're both halves of a whole idiot, aren'tcha?

>>7566386
There are plenty of drip methods that get sediment in your coffee what in the tits are you on about?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.