[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Impulse buys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: exotic fruits.jpg (73 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
exotic fruits.jpg
73 KB, 640x360
I picked up these bags of frozen fruit at a mexican market and I don't really know what to do with them.

Does anybody know how to eat these or what dishes to make with them with?

What other impulse buys have you made at the store lately?
>>
I bought this replacement for a black pepper. Its a little smaller ball than black pepper and is mostly red in color but has lighter colors too.

I forget what its called but something like Tsipiphberry or tsiphiphery or something. I can't find the name. Any help??? I threw out the package and its spelling is so crazy google doesn't give me any suggestions.

My spice came in a package from France. I put it in a pepper grinder and threw out the packaging...
>>
>>7565532
You can eat them as is, or make them into ice cream.
Nance tastes fucking horrible, but some people like it. The one time I tried Nance ice cream it tasted like feet, but my aunt said it was delicious; so it may be me.
>>
The Aldi I live near had some canned Lychees so I bought that, I'm not really sure what to do with them though. I've only been able to buy Lychee drinks in another state so this is the first time I've had some in fruit form.
>>
>>7565590
Tellicherry?
Tellicherry is just a variety of black pepper.
>>
>>7565681
you can make an indian style lassi out of them
>>
>>7565532
make popsicles out of theme, or milk shakes
nance milk shakes and popsicles are great
>>
>>7565706
No, it wasn't Tellicherry.
>>
>>7565590
tsiperifery

you fucking KEK
>>
>>7565681
Lychee fritters are good
>>
>>7565532
bought banana-chili sauce in a local asian shop
it's not very good
>>
These sugar-free, stevia-sweetened Greek-style yogurt things from Oikos were on manager's special, 12 for $4.48, so I grabbed twelve.
Tried one.
It's shit.

I also bought some frozen artichoke hearts a few weeks back. Haven't gotten round to using them just yet, but there's a dish I like of artichoke hearts sautéed with garlic and olives in olive oil, meant as a dressing for pasta. I bought the frozen ones so I wouldn't have to peel and clean any artichokes myself. If they're good, I'm never buying another artichoke for this dish ever again (though I'll still buy them from time to time to stuff with things).
>>
HEB started carrying store brand Japanese peanuts. I bought the habanero ones without a second thought. No regrets, they're delicious.
>>
File: kiwa.jpg (108 KB, 1300x903) Image search: [Google]
kiwa.jpg
108 KB, 1300x903
>>7565532
Bought a kiwano, made salsa. Would make again. Pic related, kiwano. It tastes like a citrusey banana inside somewhat, but the inside texture is definitely like a citrus fruit, hence why salsa was the choice after reading about possible things to do with it.
>>
bought a 3-pack of zucchinis for the first time ever yday. never had them before. cut one up and test-tasted it and got a strange dehydrating sensation on my tongue and lips
>actually googled it just to see if I was possibly allergic but seemed highly unlikely

chopped and boiled them up in a spicy tex-mex veg stew anyway and they're actually a nice addition, though they got a bit over-boiled. will throw them in halfway from here on
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.