[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sugar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: sugar.jpg (143 KB, 940x627) Image search: [Google]
sugar.jpg
143 KB, 940x627
What are your sugar consumption habits like /ck/? How frequently do you eat sugar? Are sugary foods are staple of your diet or an occasional treat? Do you ever try to purposely limit the amount of sugar you consume?
>>
>>7565424
Are you trying to start a new thread about your sugar addiction, with the theme this time as an al/ck/~esque circlejerk?
>>
>>7565434
No
>>
>>7565424
Used to eat a crap ton of junk food, like half my diet would have some sort of sugar in it. My coffee would have sugar, and I'd drink a liter of cola a day.
Stopped all that thankfully but I'll have a piece of chocolate once a week or so.
>>
its pretty bad, i used to get a medium slurpee every 3 days or so, down to once a week or two and i crave junk food pretty frequently
at least i've realized its an addiction and i'm working on it, and exercising
working at a pizza place doesnt help, especially when its fucking hot outside and theres free drinks for employees
when i do go for junk food i try to be somewhat healthier about it, i make oat flour cookies and shit like that
>>
I chug down on a lot of soda and sweetened chocolate milk like it's water. It'll probably take 10 years off of my life but meh. Not like anyone's gonna care.
>>
File: 108225664.jpg (116 KB, 521x329) Image search: [Google]
108225664.jpg
116 KB, 521x329
>>7565424
I just started the meme diet of no gluten, and then fell into the meme diet of no sugar, and realized that I had invoked the power god of ketonosis, and it's definitely worth it

keep your sugar below half the daily recommended (for men it's 15 g) INCLUDING bread and potatoes and sugary ass fruits

you wil literally have steam engine-tier energy. Seriously, stopping sugar and gluten (sometimes i'll eat a small potato but eh, in the long run that's small potatoes) was the best eating choice of my life. I feeel like fuckin iron man. i have to work out, or else I won't be able to sleep.

>>7565713
black espresso shots in the morning brown toothed master race
>>
File: 1452225405422.jpg (29 KB, 540x352) Image search: [Google]
1452225405422.jpg
29 KB, 540x352
>freshman year in college
>required to have a meal plan
>meal plans give dining dollars we can spend at shops
>can't resist going to a store everyday and getting a candy bar
>tfw today i went in to get chocolate milk
>tfw i came out with chocolate milk and a king size butterfinger
fuck my life man. i have horrible acne because of it and i know it's wrong but i have no self control.
>>
>>7565767
What is your average day like?
>>
File: THEYHADTOOFDONEIT.jpg (83 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
THEYHADTOOFDONEIT.jpg
83 KB, 501x585
Yes, Yes! Nobody here will know the true secret of what the foods contain, little do they know that sugar = bad, Fat = good! But everything is fat free or low fat now! kekekekekekekeke
>>
>>7566308
I wish I could filter any posts that contain that image. They are almost exclusively worthless shitposting and not even the fun-to-read kind.
>>
>>7565424
I eat 2 squares of dark chocolate daily which amounts to around 5g of sugar. I consume an additional 10-20g of carbohydrates daily through vegetables and dairy.
>>
when ever I make tea I'll put 4 scoops of sugar in the cup then put a spoon full in my mouth. I know its bad but I just can't stop
>>
>>7566350
fuck off kike
>>
>>7566466
>anybody that doesn't hate jews is a jew

You should unplug for a while.
>>
File: 20160316_154827.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160316_154827.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Have eaten low carbs for the last 3 years. Feels good.
>>
>>7566641
You're going to run out of energy, anon. Carbs are for your energy. Fats are for reserves.
>>
>>7565424
My refined sugar intake is zero most days.

>>7565767
It also makes you smell like shit.
>>
>>7566308
The vast majority of fat people are consuming at least a third of their calories as fat. Without much fat, it's difficult to take in enough calories to stay fat.
>>
File: baE.jpg (19 KB, 299x219) Image search: [Google]
baE.jpg
19 KB, 299x219
>>7566644
>>
>>7565424
0g added sugar 1 piece of fruit max a day
Unlimited veg and dairy
>>
>>7565424
I tried to cut down the sugar,because I'm a fat fuck.I drink less fizzy drinks and I eat less sweet stuff.
>>
It's fucking bad. I eat at least a 1/4 pound of sugar daily because I drink a lot of soda. The most i've ever drank was 3 liters of mountain dew in a day.
>>
>>7565743
You should care
>>
>>7566711
>It also makes you smell like shit.
This is the real meme about ketosis.
>>
Monday - Thursday, the only sugar I get is the fructose in my daily orange and the 1 tbsp I put in my oats.

On weekends I get it from various pastries. I'm not big on candy anymore.
>>
>>7566719
fat suppresses appetite, simple carbs start a cycle of hunger from the fast metabolism and insulin spike and subsequent drop.
>>
I et very little sugar. I have a Coke every once in a while but sugar has never been a problem for me. I'm still fat though.
>>
I don't add or use sugar in anything myself

do love chocolate and other sweet treats like jellies and dolly mix though. might eat 2 bags of m&ms a week and maybe a bag of pic and mix sweets on a sunday evening

rarely drink sugary sodas anymore (like the odd sugar-free orange soda though >dealwithit.jpg)

as for grains/carbs etc, I never eat cereal, but eat small to moderate amounts of both white and brown bread and drink quite a LOT of beer. I like white rice, but only have a small bit with each meal opting for more veg and meat. like tortilla wraps too, but only eat them every few weeks or so if I feel like a having fajitas or chili
>>
The only sugary drinks I have are the occasional can of coconut water, tea with milk, and espresso-based drinks.

Other than that honey with plain yogurt, brown sugar with oatmeal, maple syrup with pancakes, and cane sugar in Thai curries.

Rarely I'll have cake, pie, etc.
>>
I dont like sweets, besides ice cream. Cake, pies, candy, chocolates... gross.

I do like sugar in my coffee, but not in my tea. Hell, i even prefer the taste of diet soda.
>>
>>7568030
Not him but why?

No seriously, who wants to live to live forever anyway
>>
>>7565424
I'm in college and pretty much never eat sugary foods (besides fruits occasionally), but every few weeks my mom mails me cookies or other delicious baked goods and I can't resist but eat them all in one or two nights. I used to be really addicted to all types of sugar and I still have a sweet tooth, so if I have sugary foods in my room I can't resist them.
>>
Made some dietary changes lately related to sugar. Trying to eat less of it. It's shocking how much sugar is in some foods. Dropping weight slowly but steadily since.
>>
>>7569957
It's pretty bad. I hate having to pick through everything trying to find the low-sugar stuff, if I can find it at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 1280x960
>>7565424
2 big spoons of sugar in my breakfast or afternoon coffee (sue me)

That's about it, other sugar intake comes from fruit but no refined sugar.
Except Krautsalat. Don't take away my Krautsalat it's gonna end bad for you.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.