[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some international poor/lazy man's dishes? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
What are some international poor/lazy man's dishes?

I'm talking about Nordic porridge, American P&J-sandwishes, Japanese Tamago gohan or ramen, etc. That kinda stuff that are a staple for college kids the world over.
>>
Stew is the classic I have better shit to do meal. In the age of the crockpot you can just add the ingredients and go about your business.
>>
>>7565358
At least my college PMF:
Take 1 box of pasta (you usually can get a whole box for $1 on sale. 1.50 off sale)
Two cans Campbell's cream of cheese soup. $3 off sale. $2 on sale)
some milk. Skim it off a gallon if you buy it regularly, or add 1.20 for a small serving size.
Total: $5- $7.50 w/o milk cost. I guess you could use water?? sure why not.

Boil pasta half way (its going to be hard still.). Put into casserole dish.
add 2 cans of cheese sauce and the milk. (like a 16 oz glass or whatever.. I'm not very picky, i just pour it in until it looks like it covers the pasta.

Stir it, put in oven at 350 degrees and cook for about 45 min. to an hour. Basically until the top is golden brown and bubbling around the sides of your casserole dish.

Basic mac and cheese no frills. Not super cheesy or the best, but you can portion about 6 meals out of it for only a less than $10 buy-in.
You can extend it to 10 meals if you portion evenly in 10th's and use 2 pieces of bread to create a mac sandwich. A quick-store sells a loaf for $.99 cents which makes it stretch out a lot longer. most online spaces always have the bread grilled or toasted. I usually don't, just untoasted white bread.

If you eat 2 meals per day, it'll last you 5 days. If you need a 3rd meal, you can use a ten-cent on-sale (usually 25 to 35 cents off sale) pack of ramen to make it.

Or instant mash tatoes. those are economical too. You can even add it into your mac sandwich. 3-carb thrawl ya'll.
>>
Soup is the classic poor man's food imo.

>Chuck a bunch of leftover shit + seasonings into some stock and add heat.

Same goes for any kind of rice-mix dish.
>>
>>7565358
Calories and nutrients? Baked potato with pepper, kale and salted butter.
Want protein plus calories? Fresh bread with salami and cheese. But yeah if you're gonna be homeless op i suggest getting a sack of potatoes.
>>
If you are an Amerifag, bro apply for EBT.
I recently just did this and was given $200 a month for food. My whole family of 5 eats off of $400 a month. I now eat like a fucking king and snap pics to make them jealous =P.
>>
I do pho
boston beans
italian pasta
chinese frozen dumplings
indonesian me-goreng
various soups and stews
toasted sandwiches
vegetable sushi
some kind of curry
rattatoilli
>>
>>7565846
I eat soup with every meal because I CAN REMEMBER WHEN THERE WAS NO SOUP!
>>
>>7565358
Mashed potatoes with cheese and leek.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fricassee
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succotash
>>
File: Lebanese-Potato-and-Eggs-2-of-2.jpg (2 MB, 4766x3167) Image search: [Google]
Lebanese-Potato-and-Eggs-2-of-2.jpg
2 MB, 4766x3167
My mom always made this growing up, it's a Lebanese dish apparently. Simply fried potatoes and eggs scrambled up together.
>>
WHOA!! DID YOU SAY THAT YOU NEED A LAZY MAN'S RECIPE™???
>>
>>7567069
my granddad used to make this yum
>>
>>7565358
SOS
( shit on a shingle)

Usually bread with a type of creamed or gravied meat on top. Whatever type of meat you have around will work.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.