[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burger recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: burgie.jpg (106 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
burgie.jpg
106 KB, 1366x768
What's the secret to a great burger /ck/?
>>
American cheese
>>
>>7565079
Well seasoned and a nice crust while still being juicy on the inside.
>>
>>7565087
Ingredients pal I need a recipe.
>>
>>7565089

Not the guy you're replying to, but here:

Ground Beef (I like 85/15)
Salt
Black Pepper

There you go, bud.
>>
What's the deal with adding an egg to the ground mix, is it just for use with bread crumbs?
>>
>>7565079

the basic recipe is a fuckload of salt and black pepper, like 1 tsp for each burger. cook it in a pan with some butter.
>wa la!

after that go nuts
>>
>>7565079
I learned a neet little trick from mom about how to get the best hamburgers in town. Simply swing on by your local McDonald's and ask for a BigMac or really any of their tasty burgers, Big Mac is just my favorite and a classic! In fact, you should really try them all!
>>
File: ct-shake-shack-1104-biz-20141103.jpg (859 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
ct-shake-shack-1104-biz-20141103.jpg
859 KB, 2048x1366
>>7565079
The quickest route to shake shack
>>
OP your picture looks like a steamed ham, or at least that what we called them growing up in upstate New York.
>>
80/20 chuck, salt and pepper, and a tsp of Worcestershire sauce on top halfway through grilling.
>>
Alright dudes here's what OP made.
- 1 1/2 pound of 75/25 ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 table spoon of each of the following, A1, worcerstershire, soy sauce, garlic powder, steak seasoning and oregano,
- 1 teaspoon of seasoning salt
- ground salt and black pepper above the mix
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar
Fried em all in one big pan, toasted a bunch of buns, and made fries with the grease left over, it was fantastic, but my dog got up on the counter and ate the last three after I only had one. Good thing I didn't have onions I suppose..
>>
80/20 beef
1/3rd pound patties
iron skillet
medium high
3:45 each side
you're welcome
>>
>>7565079
I always put a little minced garlic in the patties, gives a nice and subtle aroma to the burgers
>>
>>7565079
The bun.

That's it.
>>
make it with ground lamb and beef

lamb is a god-tier flavor
>>
>>7565110

no it's completely unnecessary.
>>
>>7565079
toasted bun.
as a general rule: if it's salty add a little sugar, if it's sugary add a little salt.
in term of burgers this is usually done with ketchup. if you want to use another condiment instead don't forget to sweeten it up.
>>
>>7565490

>as a general rule: if it's salty add a little sugar, if it's sugary add a little salt.

lol

welcome to the fast food loudness wars
>>
>>7565468
bread crumbs are nice because they soak in worcestershire if you put any in. otherwise youre mixing oil with water and it just runs out of the burger
>>
>>7565302
shake shack is fuggun Tight
>>
>>7565382
Great ending.
>>
>>7565095
This. Keep it simple. There are beef blends out there some swear by, I've ground up random cuts of beef and they always come out good though. Defrosted steaks ground up or frozen ground beef aren't bad, but unfrozen from my experience are tastier.
>>7565520
>>7565382
I sometimes liquify a small potato, onion, garlic cloves, soy, worcestershire and mix well into the ground beef, makes them fluffy and brings out flavor in the burger.
>>
>>7565110
Eggs & breadcrumbs aren't a necessity, however they help hold the burger together which is useful if you're cooking over a grill as opposed to on a pan.

Good fresh bun makes a big difference, fuck that Brioche meme shit though.

Adding a few extras can add some variety but don't go overboard. Put too many things on and it all blends together too much. Good extras to consider (not all at the same time:
Crispy bacon
Onion - raw red or very slightly cooked brown/white
Pickled cucumber
Salad (personally I don't like any salad on the burger but some do)
>>
Big Mac
>>
>>7565861
>not all at the same time

shit burger, pal
>>
>>7565913
Each to their own friend. I just find that putting too many condiments and additions to the burger can get distracting and you don't appreciate the individual flavours.
>>
File: 1430787453518.jpg (74 KB, 590x390) Image search: [Google]
1430787453518.jpg
74 KB, 590x390
>>7565079
Don't overwork the meat. A misshappen but tender burger is better than a perfect disk of chewy meat. Toast the bun to give it extra structure. Place the top directly in contact with the cheese, which will "glue" it in place and enhance stability. The bottom bun should be spread with mayo, aioli, thousand island, or butter grilled, or otherwise made hydrophobic in order to keep the juices that your burger should hopefully be saturated with from soaking it too quickly and making it fall apart. Don't pile on too many "toppings", which should actually be below the patty. Put whatever you want on it, just not so much that you can't fit the thing in your mouth without smushing it.
>>
>>7565079
Heres my legendary meatball recipe OP, works great for burgers as well.
When your ground beef is raw, stick diced onions into the meat along with paprika, a dash (like a grain) or powder cayenne pepper, salt, pepper,and a few teensy bits of fresh garlic. Roll that meat into a thick patty, and cook on high in olive oil. Cover it while its cooking, this keeps the heat locked and allows thick patties to cook in the middle. Turn it over after a few minutes, and cover. After 8 or so minutes you're ready to serve and impress. Citation: I cook for 4 people on a daily basis.
>>
>>7565079
depends what you are into

for me it's onion+mayo+vinegar sauce
flame grilled all meat patty (or seared+oven)
bun that's not sugar and air
real cheese, none of that plastic shit
pickles
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (76 KB, 825x631) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
76 KB, 825x631
>>7565079
>>7565079
I use seasoning salt and Worcestershire sauce.

If you havent tried diced green olives, they are amazing. Better than pickles. If you dig that then make a olive sauce just mix a good amount of olive juice into a bit of mayo, add the olives and spread that shit on. They used to call that a Mr Fabulous in the midwest.

captcha is burgers
>>
Dice this cheese into tiny cubes, about 1/4 inch. Mix it in with the ground meat and a little kosher salt and black pepper. Put a layer of foil on the grill and grill burgers until done. Place on toasted bun with fresh slice of tomato and a fat lettuce leaf to make the bread not soggy.
>>
File: BuffaloWing.jpg (386 KB, 1100x688) Image search: [Google]
BuffaloWing.jpg
386 KB, 1100x688
>>7566753
Sorry. it's early. Forgot pic
>>
File: 1458144984934.jpg (68 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
1458144984934.jpg
68 KB, 600x560
>mayo on a burger

it's gross, the flavors don't mix well at all.
>>
>>7567233

the flavour of what, oil?
>>
80/30 beef, round into balls
Add chopped up pieces of cooked bacon
Stove just above medium heat
Put ball in center of pan and smash down
Don't move, adjust or even touch the patty until time to flip
Salt and pepper before flip
Repeat process other side
Fin
>>
>>7567250
>cheese
>hot meat
neither of these things are conducive to mayo
>>
>>7567272

yes they are

mayo is just whipped oil with some seasoning. it's perfect for a sandwich with cheese and meat.
>>
>>7567279
The flavors don't work on a hot sandwich.
You're adding oil to something already covered in oil
>>
>>7567283

the flavour of oil?

you don't know what you're talking about and shouldn't be forming opinions of your own at this early stage in your development lest you develop bad habits and patterns of practice.
>>
>>7567266
this guy always gives his burgers 110%
>>
>>7567295
>and some seasoning
>seasoning doesn't have any flavor
if you're seriously telling me that mayo tastes "like oil" you can go ahead and kill yourself, because there's something clearly wrong with your tastebuds, bud.
>>
mayonnaise tastes like oil, egg, and vinegar.
>>
>>7567304

it tastes like fairly unobtrusive, burger friendly seasonings, like salt, pepper, mustard, vinegar. the oil is generally neutral flavour. any 'egg' flavour is very mild. mayo is there to add richness and lubricate food as well as coat it, and your mouth, with seasoning. how the fuck you think this clashes with a burger i do not know.
>>
Buns are key. Toast them cut side down in burger fat and butter
>>
>>7567331
>mayo
>unobtrusive
You're seriously saying that mayo doesn't have any flavor at all.

>add richness to the food as well as coat it
not like there's a thousand ounces of grease all over that burger
>>
>>7567339

>You're seriously saying that mayo doesn't have any flavor at all.

given that the very sentence that word is in contradicts that, i think you might have to rethink your analysis.

>not like there's a thousand ounces of grease all over that burger

is this a dietary issue? or do you not understand the difference between the emulsified oil in mayo and burger juices?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9McgBRroF9Q

best recipe right here! Easy, too! For the everyday man!
>>
>>7567349
>unobtrusive
It's absolutely obtrusive.
Mayo is total shit when it's hot. It's great for COLD sandwiches, but mayo on a hit sandwich is just disgusting runny melted shit.

Why do you need to add oil to an oily burger?
>>
>>7567370

mayo is a great vehicle for seasonings and makes for an appealing texture with meat and crisp toppings toasted bread. this is why all manner of burger sauces have it as a base. want to argue with people who make a living off of food? know what you're talking about first.
>>
>>7567379
>this wrong
Sorry, mayo is shit on burgers, you'd know this if your restaurant was michelin star like mine.
>>
>>7565079
>80/20 ground beef
>Egg
>Instant French onion soup mix
All you will ever need, makes GOAT burgers. Just mix it all together, form patties, and grill.
>>
>>7565079
Patty: 90/10 with salt and pepper.
Buns: Homemade with graham flour
Condiments: Either homemade bearnaise sauce, gouda and crispy bacon. Or raw onions, iceberg, tomatoes, pickled cucumbers, gouda, ketchup, mustard, remoulade and crispy onions.
Messy as fuck, but god damn they are good.
>>
I'd say the cooking method is paramount to a good burger. A burger cooked in a pan on a stove tastes like ass.
>>
a mandoline to slice the onions mega thin, and just the right amount of added fat.
>>
>>7565302

>go to shake shack
>pay ten trillion dollars for a burger and mediocre milkshake

>go to in'n'out
>pay less than 8 dollars for a fantastic burger, fries, and an equally mediocre milkshake

the choice is clear
>>
>>7567876
Both In-N-Out and shake shack have mediocre shakes, fries are a little better at shake shack but not the best(the cheese sauce is great) . You're objectively wrong about the burger though, it's way juicier, seasoned right, and cooked to medium. Oh and stop being poor.
>>
absolutely never touch the burger after putting it on to cook until you need to flip it. ESPECIALLY don't press down on it or you'll squeeze out all the juices. also toast your buns
>>
Just the traditional

>Toasted Bun with Sesame seeds
>Beef patty
>American cheese (1 Slice)
>Tomato (1 Slice)
>Lettuce (1 leaf)
>Red onion or Gherkin (1 Slice)
>Sauce of your choice
>>
>>7567299
underrated toast
>>
>>7565079
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-l0ore9EH4
>>
>>7567299

I dont understand, was that sarcasm?
>>
>>7565304
I'm from Utica and I've never heard them called "steamed hams" before.
>>
Tempeh
>>
>75/25
>80/20
>85/15
>90/10
These ratios are lean meat to fatty meat, correct? Not one cut of meat to another or even one kind of meat to another?
>>
>>7569098

yeah lean to fatty
>>
>>7565302

I once ate lunch at shake shack for 2 months straight.

It truly is god tier
>>
>>7569014
Oh, not in Utica, no; it's an Albany expression.
>>
>>7570946
Hm. I see.

GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE
>>
>>7565079
a proper ratio in order to combat flavor melding so the burger doesnt end up tasting like a fat blob of beef and ketchup with bread topping.
>>
add ground pork to your beef.
>>
Use king's Hawaiian burger buns.

Prep with salt and black pepper

Grill them open flame at high temp, about 4 min a side. Do not squash the burger down at any point after putting it on the grill.
>>
>>7565086
People who used processed cheese should be euthanized.Fucking white trash pieces of shit.
>>
Toasted bun and some bacon?
>>
>>7565079
Cummin, nigga. Cummin is the be-all end-all spice when it comes to grilled meats.
>>
Personally I always love the "bacon bleu cheese burgers", most restaurants have some variation, I find the flavor combinations very pleasing.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.