[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LCHF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Anyone else on a low carb, high fat diet? What do you usually cook?
>>
File: keto taco salad.jpg (83 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
keto taco salad.jpg
83 KB, 600x450
so many eggs. with lots of different preparations: fried, scrambled, omelettes, hard-boiled,

and i fucking hate eggs too. but they're the #1 LCHF food, so i force myself to eat them.

next big staple: cabbage family vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, brussel's sprouts, kale, etc.

other good non-starchy vegetables: avocado, chili peppers, tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, green beans, spinach, salad greens

meat is expensive, so i go with chicken thighs and ground beef.

i pour a ton of seasoning into the ground beef and use it in "taco salads".
>>
>>7564416

most people here are on high carb high fat diets.
>>
>>7564464
I haven't eaten that many eggs this last week. I bought over 4 pounds of beef sirloin and I've been eating that for 1,5 week. Just slicing off a steak and frying it on the pan.
You shouldn't eat chicken if you want to lose weight, though. It digests really easily and raises your insulin. At least eat it with lots of vegetables to slow digestion.
>>
>>7564502
>You shouldn't eat chicken if you want to lose weight, though. It digests really easily and raises your insulin. At least eat it with lots of vegetables to slow digestion.

Beef spikes insulin more than chicken. Also insulin spikes are totally fine.
>>
>>7564530
> insulin spikes are totally fine.
Not if you want to lose weight.
>Beef spikes insulin more than chicken
Also wrong
>>
>>7564548
source?
>>
No. Im not an idiot
>>
>>7564560
For what? You posted the first claim too. Just check it up again.
>>
>>7564416
sausages, chicken thighs, fatty beef cuts

broccoli, spinach, asparagus all cooked in olive oil

when I started I cared about macros and insulin and all that bullshit but it's not sustainable in the long run.

lost 60 lbs in about 8 months. the only hard part is avoiding all the hidden sugar in sauces etc
>>
>>7564573
I can't find any studies. It's all forum posts and hippie blogs. Most seem to say that beef/chicken/pork all cause insulin levels to spike.

Telling the dude to not eat chicken is just foolish. Everyone on keto eats chicken.
>>
>>7564502
>raises your insulin

The insulin helps drive amino acids into the muscle cells where they’re needed.

When we eat protein-rich food, another chemical is released by the body that actually has a contrary effect to insulin. Protein-rich foods also result in a release of glucagon. (Carb-rich food does not.) Glucagon raises blood sugar levels in part to allow for absorption of amino acids in the liver and their subsequent transformation there to glucose.

For people without diabetes, the insulin and glucagon responses mitigate each other, and we’re looking at a healthy picture.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.