[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any brits here shop at Lidl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (51 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51 KB, 1024x1024
Why is it so overrated? The fresh produce is absolutely awful. Everything else is suspicious and eastern European.
>>
>>7564402
>Why is it so overrated?

What makes you think that it is? I've never heard anyone say anything good about it.
>>
It's for working class people who don't even use fresh vegetables anyway
>>
>>7564402
Because it's cheap.
> Cheap
> Cheap
> Cheap
> Cheap
> Cheap
Clean shelves? PRICE.
Clean produce? LOW PRICE.
Special offers? LOW PRICE YOU PAY LOW PRICE NOW
Reliable brands? PAY LOW PRICE FOR LOW QUALITY PRODUCT YES?

They're gonna go out of business soon anyway. Major supermarkets have declared war, and they can't steal the online deliveries market.
>>
I'm french and I enjoy shopping at Lidl, Aldi and Norma. Delicious german products.
>>
I only go once a week when I'm getting their cheap but nonetheless god-tier Fink Brau

I find their other stuff hit (fresh bakery/cheese/meats/confectionery) and miss (sauces/seasoning/pizza/fruit and veg)
>>
>>7564402

my local lidl is really good actually, has very big vegetables that are very fresh and the meat is always really good.
>>
>eastern european

i don't see the problem
>>
>>7564402
They are always in the ass end of town so I don't go there much.
I do appreciate that they added the bakery section as it always smells great.
Also the choice of cereal is nice.
Would shop there more.
Don't know much about the deli and frozen stuff other than what they have on offer in the TV/newspapers
>>
>>7564402
At least it isn't Aldi, what with their "pest contamination" of their biscuits
>>
The quality of Lidl & Aldi is entirely regionally specific, so unless people say which country they're talking about it's entirely meaningless.

In France & the USA they are pretty shit tier. In Germany & the UK they're pretty good.
>>
>overrated

among who? the gypsies maybe. you get what you pay, theres no mystery. want good stuff? go somewhere else.
>>
>>7564402
I'm English and live in a tiny village. We only have Morrison's here. Also a market every Wednesday.
It's expensive but top quality.
>>
>>7564402
Only immigrants use that store in sweden
>>
>>7564861
Same here in the UK!
>>
>>7564402
I'm in the UK and my Lidl is fucking fantastic. Cheap, good quality meat, cheap fruit n veg, cheap everything. The only complaint I have is that their satsumas go off unreasonably fast, but that's the only fresh produce I've ever had an issue with.

And desu, those weekly rotation things they do? Where they stock bits and pieces from a specific country? I love those
>>
>>7564861
>>7564990
The Amish here in the US love Aldi. I don't know why.
>>
>>7565043
Yup its great for me aswell, suppose i don't pretend i shop in Waitrose in fear i get mugged by a local pole. >>7564424 >>7564402
>>
Soundtrack for this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4kBcm-ls8Y
>>
>>7564402
The only commentary I here about Lidl from the Brits is entirely scornful.
>>
>>7566688
>I here
oops
might have a snooze before I smash out this essay lol
>>
>>7564602
I dont think they will go out of business soon unless you are deluded. They have chains all over Europe.
The veg is crap yes goes off very quickly. The other stuff is ok, I go in for bits and bobs.
>>
>>7564830
Morrisons isnt expensive at all. Its cheaper than Sainsburys & Tescos, M&S .
I use ours on a regular basis and have popped into Sainsburys only to walk out as its so much more
>>
File: wc scum.jpg (8 KB, 264x200) Image search: [Google]
wc scum.jpg
8 KB, 264x200
>>7564402

No, I shop at Waitrose because I'm not a fucking gypo.
>>
>>7566912
>I'm posh because I shop at Waitrose

No, you're just a pretentious middle class snob. The real important people (and celebrities) have someone else do their shopping for them, and wouldn't even know the difference between Waitrose & Lidl.

Still, you stick to your Hyacinth Bucket dreams anon.
>>
>>7564402
>The fresh produce is absolutely awful. Everything else is suspicious and eastern European.
If only you knew OP.

When Lidl first came to Britain, yes the fresh produce was not very good, probably due to slow turn-over but now it's pretty good.

And as for Eastern European, they have a selection just like most Supermarkets here now. But at one time nothing was labelled in English . . it was all German and very often you had to look at the picture on the packet to get a rough idea of what was inside . . .easy with sugar and baked beans but other stuff was a mystery.

They do have some good stuff in there but they don't stock everything, so you generally have to go to Tesco or something to finish your shopping.
>>
>>7566923
This isn't true though lots of important people and celebrities do their own shopping. The reasonable subset of "important" people ie the normal upper class and 1%+ salary people do as-well. Just from my background and friend group (or are parents collectively) they do legitimately buy food from Waitrose and MnS because its better.

Personally I rate Aldi and sainsburys, fuck tesco for being in between and bad at both.
>>
>>7566912
>mfw people actually shop at waitrose
You're paying more money for the same stuff just so you can feel superior to other people.
>>
57p beers though anon.
75p if you want the posh stuff.

that's fucking amazing for a scrub like me.
>>
Aldi is the best, but it doesn't have everything I need. Luckily there's an Asda just 50 yards down the road from it so I can get everything else from there.
>>
>>7564402
fuck u fgt, Lidl is love Lidl is lyfe
>>
>>7564402
Lidl has the best bakery of all the supermarket chains.
>>
Lidl is a starter pack for a eastern european immigrant, until they find a proper "homeland" shop.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.