[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'''Ice Cream Thread''': Which flavor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 16
File: mint-chip-ice-cream1.jpg (23 KB, 400x342) Image search: [Google]
mint-chip-ice-cream1.jpg
23 KB, 400x342
'''Ice Cream Thread''': Which flavor does /CK/ find to be goat flavor and why is it Mint Chocolate Chip?
>>
Pistachio master race
>>
>>7564359
My Negro
>>
>>7564360

Pistachio + any coffee flavor is god-tier

Kind of silly to have a single favorite flavor though. On the rare occasions I eat icecream I just pick one creamy ball and one fruity ball, different flavors each time.
>>
>>7564359
that raspberry sorbet by either Häagen-Dazs or Dreyer is god tier.
>>
vanilla chocolate chip
>>
>>7564359
Apple + cinnamon + vanilla
>>
>>7564359
coffee
>>
Butter pecan is best followed by coffe and then any nut flavor. Including my nuts.
>>
>>7564557
I'd love to try your Nuts sempai.
>>
Moose tracks is the real GOAT and anybody who says otherwise is either a contrarian or a shitposter
>>
>>7564359
I like all kinds
But if I had to choose. I'd say Cherry
>>
Bubblegum or tutti frutti
>>
Strawberry
>>
>>7564555
I feel ya senpai
>>
I hate ice cream flavors with chunks of chocolate in it. Chocolate and ice cream don't go together well at all, texturally. I'll never understand the appeal of cold, waxy chunks of chocolate in ice cream.

My favorite flavor is probably black licorice. I really liked strawberry cheesecake ice cream before they started adding crust peices in it.

When I was a kid a local dairy made a flavor I really liked called Chocolate Cherry Amaretto that was cherry ice cream with hot fudge, maraschino cherries, and almonds in it. Can't seem to find it anywhere nowadays.
>>
>>7564674
The cold frozen chocolate chunks always fuck me up. Anything bigger than a small shaving is blasphemy. Brownie bits are a proper chocolate substitute.
>>
ice cream is a pleb desert
if i wanted to eat pure fat i'd eat cheese cake
>>
>>7564359
my gf makes the mint and chocolate chip with 3 whole bunches of mint leaves. It''s the best
>not toothpaste mint
>but herb mint

I'm going to marry her
>>
>>7565236
sounds nice, i tried a mojito sorbet that tasted almost entirely of mint herb, it captured the flavour well but i felt like it could have done with balancing out a bit with something else
>>
>>7564541
Vanilla chocolate chip? More like vanilla chocolate shit.
>>
>>7565253
Maybe rum?
>>
File: 1438283079265.jpg (56 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1438283079265.jpg
56 KB, 800x450
>>7564359
G-G-G-GOAT FLAVOR DESU MY DUDE.
WEW LADDEH.
Top flavor mate I'd give it 5/5 points out of FIVE. FUCK yes I love that flavor, give me a high five out of 5. Give me some handy McLovin' fuckery doo-doo. Broofeest.
>>
>>7565276
nah m8 try it its goat
>>
File: graeters.jpg (551 KB, 1600x1060) Image search: [Google]
graeters.jpg
551 KB, 1600x1060
>>7564674
then you should try ice cream that uses real chocolate that actually melts instead of brown wax.
>>
>Mint Chocolate Chip
>chips
>putting any solid shit into your ice-CREAM

I'll never understand this. I don't want to chew it, I want it to melt in my mouth. So many kinds are ruined by having some retard put chunky shit like nuts or bits of fruit into what should be a smooth CREAM.

Anybody know my pain?
>>
I detest the combination of mint and chocolate (also orange and chocolate, but that's another thing altogether).

My favourites are almost all nut flavours: pistachio, black walnut, pecan, hazelnut, almond, apple, cherry and banana. Also coffee.

>>7564674
I prefer ice cream without chunks of any sort in it. That's the main reason I don't buy Ben and Jerry's. Otherwise, I'd be all over that like the herp on a sorority slut.
>>
>>7564674
That chocolate cherry amaretto ice cream sounds amazing. Now I'm gonna see if anything like that is in stores near me, hah
>>
File: Orph is happy.png (327 KB, 405x396) Image search: [Google]
Orph is happy.png
327 KB, 405x396
>>7564557
>Butter Pecan

My eternal nigger

Rum Raisin is second best for me
>>
>>7565665
I dislike it too. I can eat it, but it's not as preferable to straight ice cream.
>>
>>7564359
>mint choc chip

4chan is 18+ only, you need to leave
>>
>>7565748
>Rum Raisin is second best for me

Someone who (almost) knows what is best in life.
>>
I like coffee flavor and I eat with coffee.
>>
File: my T is rising.gif (972 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
my T is rising.gif
972 KB, 400x302
>>7565833
Think me almost best or not, I'm just glad to know someone else likes rum raisin
>>
>>7564359
I usually go for gelato over ice-cream.

>Mint chocolate chip
This is best with ice-cream rather than gelato, though.
>"Cookies" flavour gelato
I'm an expat in Germany. Never see this anywhere else. Unreal stuff.
>Peanut flavour gelato
>Kinder-egg flavour gelato
Had this in Spain once. Amazing.
>Fererro Roche flavour gelato
Again, wonderful.
>Strawberry gelato
Lovely and refreshing on a hot day
>Chocolate
Obvious, but I like a good semi-dark chocolate ice-cream that tastes like a cold, melty brownie. IO usually get a scoop of this along with a scoop of peanut or mint.
>>
Peanut butter cup
Cookies and cream
Chocolate chip cookie dough
French Vanilla
>>
vanilla with marshmallows in it.
>>
>>7564359
hazelnut
>>
>>7564359
My family went to Cold Stone on my brother's birthday and I got this soy or cream something ice cream with activated almonds, it was simply divine
>>
coconut/mango
>>
>>7565923
Stop my dick can only cant so errect
>>
>>7564359
stracciatella
wildberries
>>
Pistachio or tirimusu flavoured
>>
File: ube-ice-cream.jpg (34 KB, 505x552) Image search: [Google]
ube-ice-cream.jpg
34 KB, 505x552
Yam.
>>
File: quezo real.jpg (86 KB, 500x410) Image search: [Google]
quezo real.jpg
86 KB, 500x410
With real cheese bits!
>>
Depends, I like Green tea or Haagen Dazs's vanilla swiss almond, or a high quality strawberry flavor
>>
>>7567368
Peanut butter, graham cracker, cinnamon and hazelnut are some of my favorite bases.

Mixins would be pretzels, peanut butter and cookie dough
>>
>>7564359
>Mint Chocolate Chip

Hideous. Inedible.
>>
Mint Choc-Chip is my ice-fu.

I like Mango Sorbet as well, though.
>>
Hazelnut + chocolate master race
>>
No particular order, but coffee pistachio or moosetracks.
>>
File: BNJBNT.jpg (127 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BNJBNT.jpg
127 KB, 1024x768
Does anyone remember Ben and Jerry's Black & Tan?
Not usually a fan of all the shit they insert into their ice cream, but this one had nothing of the sort.
It was incredible and they discontinued it because some micks complained
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/apr/19/ireland
>>
coffee then black raspberry
>>
last time i bought anything icecream related was a gelato cake about 2 years ago, more like 1 and a half but thats okay

anyway it had 3 layers, 1 was baci flavoured, another was burnt caramel, and the final was coffee. but then it was also coated in a layer of dark chocolate gelati

i dont think anything could compare so i havent even bothered desu i still remember it well i still enjoy the gelato cake to this day, 1 and a half to 2 years later
!
>>
File: 1367467761655.jpg (748 KB, 900x1412) Image search: [Google]
1367467761655.jpg
748 KB, 900x1412
>>7565748
>>
>>7567873
Well it is a bit of a touchy subject to name an ice cream flavour after.
>>
>>7568220
>>7567873

wait why? first of all that's awesome and I wish I got to try it. secondly why is that touchy? I thought a black and tan was just mixing a black beer and a light beer?
>>
>>7568224
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_Tans#Legacy

>Due to the ferocity of the Tans' behaviour in Ireland and the numerous war crimes they committed, feelings continue to run high regarding their actions. "Black and Tan" or "Tan" remains a pejorative term for the British in Ireland
>>
File: image.png (169 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
169 KB, 450x360
>>7564640
>cherry

Yes, especially cherries jubilee
>>
>>7564359
Blue Bell Pistachio Almond or Rocky Road.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 600x822) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 600x822
>>7568220
It's named after a drink. And the Irish seem to be just fine with publishing an ad using the term "black and tan"... But when some hippies from Vermont try to sell some dope ass ice cream they fuckin ruin it.
>>
>>7565665
Both ways are good. Having some crunch is nice as it gives texture contrast.
>>
>>7564359
Raspberry + lemon sorbet
>>
>>7565660

Hey, I ain't gonna defend the crappy chocolate peices they put in most ice cream, but all cold chocolate is waxy in texture.

For ice cream, rather than even a high quality chocolate, I would prefer a sauce, fudge, or ganache for texture purposes.
>>
File: tub-spumoni.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tub-spumoni.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
am I the only one who likes spumoni
>>
>>7564359

i work at an ice cream factory. AMA.

for the record, "chocolate chip" ice cream, at least in non-company-owned brand (eg ben and jerries) ice cream, is just a sort of especially formulated chocolate sauce that is piped into the feed shaft and which freezes into globules rapidly. fascinating to watch, probably carcinogenic.
>>
>>7568668

I've seen that shit at Dairy Queen when I used to work there, they coated ice cream cones with it.

All the "chocolate chip" types of ice cream I've had though don't have globules, but little flat rectangles. I'm not doubting the process, but they are definitely not globules.
>>
>>7564359
I enjoy Baskin Robbins Baseball Nut and Winter White Chocolate. I have no shame for this.

Spumone is God tier, however
>>
>>7568674
well, we make generic kinds of ice cream.

country charm, oak farms, sure savings, shur fine, valu time, S-Mart, etc.
>>
>>7567873
I remember it! Shit was great.
>>
When I visited the US I fell in love with dreyer's french silk. Can't get it in Norway and it breaks my heart evr tim
>>
File: IF_Sherbet-Rainbow.jpg (98 KB, 460x331) Image search: [Google]
IF_Sherbet-Rainbow.jpg
98 KB, 460x331
>>
>>7568689
>>>7564359 (OP)
>I enjoy Baskin Robbins Baseball Nut and Winter White Chocolate. I have no shame for this.
>Spumone is God tier, however

Worst flavors of all time. Really, really shit taste. White chocolate ice cream is nasty
>>
>>7564359
One scoop Mint Chocolate Chip, one scoop Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, best part of Summerfest
>>
>>7568752
Fuck me I need this tonight. Just downed some Purdy's hedgehog though. Tough call
>>
File: icecreamclowns.jpg (76 KB, 650x434) Image search: [Google]
icecreamclowns.jpg
76 KB, 650x434
For myself, really difficult to choose between mint chocolate chip and butter pecan.
>>
>>7568575
Quality taste, anon
>>
mint choc chip is better when it has mint cups and fudge swirl

non-chunky icecreams are boring

moose tracks, man
>>
File: rum31.jpg (747 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
rum31.jpg
747 KB, 800x1200
>>7564359
RUM RAISIN
U
M

R
A
I
S
I
N
>>
File: icecream.jpg (35 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
icecream.jpg
35 KB, 540x540
>tfw read thread eating one of these
>>
>>7564359

pralines and cream
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.