[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vodka is made from corn in the USA. Vodka is made from wheat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: prairie.jpg (130 KB, 628x359) Image search: [Google]
prairie.jpg
130 KB, 628x359
Vodka is made from corn in the USA.

Vodka is made from wheat in France and the UK.

Vodka is made from rye in Poland.

Vodka is made from potatoes in Russia.

Vodka is made from toe jam in Canada.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
Good thread
>>
Is it really even vodka if it's neither slavic/nordic nor made from potatoes?
>>
I've been to that distillery.
I've catered an event there.
Baller.
>>
>>7563925
Potato wodka came after grain wodka, silly clappyfat. You watch too much advertising
>>
>>7563925
Yes it is.
>>
File: 1435104612919.jpg (70 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1435104612919.jpg
70 KB, 400x600
>>7563894
I see the hipsters have already taken hold of vodka in America. It was only a matter of time after titos gained success. I'm all for this locally made, hand crafted, artisanal movement in America, but some of it is getting ridiculous. Some things were never meant to be pretentious and suddenly they get a rebranding by some bearded fellow named Aiden and they use white people instead of mexicans to make the product.
>>
File: cisco_flavors.jpg (124 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
cisco_flavors.jpg
124 KB, 640x480
>>7564093
What's next, artisanal bum wine?
>>
File: F0D1AXSHWX46KJO.MEDIUM.jpg (55 KB, 465x620) Image search: [Google]
F0D1AXSHWX46KJO.MEDIUM.jpg
55 KB, 465x620
>>7564103

What's next, artisanal pruno?

God damn it.
>>
>>7564151
What's next, artisanal american cheese?
>>
File: 1456421834820.jpg (902 KB, 1300x1733) Image search: [Google]
1456421834820.jpg
902 KB, 1300x1733
>>7564093
>Phillips
>hipster
>>
>>7563894

Is it made from corn in the US, though? I had assumed most of these American vodkas were wheat, but damn it seems you're right.
I don't like the sound of that one bit. Seems like it'd be harsh. And then what's the difference between unaged corn liquor and white lightning? I thought corporate moonshine was all the rage now.
>>
>>7564269
I think the difference in unaged corn whiskey is the wort, but there are plenty of non corn vodkas made in the US.
>>
>>7564301
Or is it called the mash? Idk the difference is the other ingredients and preparation
>>
>>7564243
>hipster branding
>organic
>"from the heartland of minnesota"
>>
What isn't made from corn in America?
>>
>>7564269
>And then what's the difference between unaged corn liquor and white lightning?

Nothing really. "White lighting" is just a slang term for moonshine which is typical unaged corn whiskey.

Though: Whiskey is typically distilled only once, and typically in a pot still. The idea is to get some of the flavor from the mash (corn) into the finished product. Vodka, however, is distilled multiple times and/or with a reflux still, which produces a much purer finished product compared to whiskey distillation. There is only trace amounts (if that) of the original mash in Vodka--that's very different than whiskey (legal or otherwise)
>>
>>7564301
>>7564304

Obviously they aren't all corn, but I googled some known brands I assumed were wheat and they were corn.
Is Tito's corn?

In any case, Polish rye is my vodka of choice.
>>
>>7564314
Organic is the most mainstream term ever, idk what hipster branding even means, and minnesota produces a lot of grain. You're retarded
>>
File: 800px-Parked_penny_farthing.jpg (62 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
800px-Parked_penny_farthing.jpg
62 KB, 800x600
>>7564455
It fits into the "artisanal movement" I described regardless, which is largely led by hipsters.

Its just vodka, nothing to get excited about
>>
>>7564503
It really doesn't. It's made by a massive company that just decided to put organic grain into their liquor. Phillips created ginka, a mixture of vodka and gin. They aren't artisnal in the least.
>>
>>7564546
They are trying to brand it as such though.

>organic
>emphasizing location of manufacture as if it is something to be proud of
>branding that appeals to yuppies

Clearly the branding is trying to indicate the vodka is not shit tier. Their website is literally a page out of the hipster branding 101 manual, reminds me of when domino's pizza rebranded themselves.

If big companies are doing this to vodka, clearly the hipster small businesses are already doing it. It's the same thing with beer, anheuser busch does the same shit.
>>
Best is Polish or Austrian potato vodka.
>>
>>7564546
>>7564592
prairievodka.com/a-toast-from-prairie

Look at this fucking page, they literally compared themselves to this bearded bicycle craftsman
>>
>>7564503
Who thought this was a good idea? The designer of that bicycle was the original hipster.
>>
>>7564592
Phillips is from Minnesota already. They're emphasising the use of local products, which is a good thing for anyone and everyone. I try to buy local as much as possible. I don't think that's a hipster or artisnal aspect at all.
Second, they're trying to appeal to a younger market since the only people who buy Phillips products are alcoholic laborers. Nothing about this is hipster or artisnal, they're literally just appealing to the mainstream market of a younger generation, which makes it not hipster at all, by definition
>>
File: young-alcoholic-laborer.png (255 KB, 460x367) Image search: [Google]
young-alcoholic-laborer.png
255 KB, 460x367
>>7564683
t. Anon who already said he doesn't even know what hipster branding means

No one said buying local is bad, it's just often indicated to promote a higher quality product, even if it isn't.

>they're targeting young alcoholic laborers but NOT hipsters
you can't be serious. Go to alc thread and see if any of the laborers in there would be willing to pay extra for their vodka to be organic and hand made in minnesota hahahahahaha. It's like the same price as titos.
>>
>>7564740
Reread my post. I said the people who drink Phillips are alcoholic laborers, they aren't the one they're marketing to with this product. Former liquor store employee btw.
>>
>>7564740
people from minnesota don't know what "hipster" is because everyone in the cities has always been like that already
>>
>>7564763
Ah I see, you're still wrong though, they aren't just targeting a younger crowd as a whole. Do you think young edm listening club goers will appreciate their web page about a bearded bicycle craftsman? No, hipsters will though. That's what their UV vodka is for.
>>
>>7564788
Most younger kids in MN look like the bearded guy. So they're targeting the larger market in mn.
>>
>>7565012
Stick to ringing up alchies and don't pursue a career in marketing.
>>
>>7565019
Are you drunk?
>>
>>7565131
Yes off Prairie vodka™, the only widely available throughout the US vodka marketed towards burly looking young minnesotans that also happen to look like americana hipsters.
>>
Potato vodka isn't even Russian

Russians scoff at you for drinking it
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.