[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is The ideal chicken soup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 472x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 472x310
What is

The ideal chicken soup
>>
>>7563884
The one with chicken in it
>>
>>7563888
you don't actually need chicken for chicken soup. just a meat
>>
The kind that mom throws in your face for having bad grammar.
>>
>>7563884
Something hot, with a lot of cayenne and spices. Also a very rich broth.
>>
I don't think there's one kind of ideal chicken soup. There's so many great chicken soups from all over the world, how could you ever pin down one? I think it's more dependent on what you're hungry for and what kind of soup you want.
>>
>>7564120
>chicken soup
>you don't need chicken
k-kill yourself

Homemade mothers soup is the ideal chicken soup.
>>
>>7563884
NO NOODLES IN SOUP!
>>
>>7564122
Most ideal? What do you want from me?

>>7564169
I agree with this sentiment. It doesn't really matter, but noodles sitting in broth for several days doesn't seem particularly appetizing. If one needs noodles, throwing some udon in a broth described by >>7564143 might be cool for a single serving.
>>
>>7563884
Chicken and dumplings. Simple mirepoix, homemade chicken broth, chopped cooked chicken meat, eggs, and flour.
>>
File: 0-R6zG8357cKv_VT_Z.jpg (34 KB, 402x232) Image search: [Google]
0-R6zG8357cKv_VT_Z.jpg
34 KB, 402x232
>>7566091

>chicken and dumplings

Hello Bunce ol chap
>>
>>7563884
home made, noodles, stock. short thick noodles, white meat only
>>
File: Thai-Noodle-Soup-21.jpg (256 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Thai-Noodle-Soup-21.jpg
256 KB, 1200x1200
>>7564169
I disagree strenuously.
>>
>>7563884
Just the broth, with a little ginger.
Meat and noodles optional.
>>
File: o.jpg (202 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
202 KB, 1000x1000
anybody ever get that chicken tortilla soup from woodranch.
>>
>>7566469
>tortilla in soup
Don't the chip fragments get soggy and gross?
>>
File: 01251.jpg (186 KB, 562x960) Image search: [Google]
01251.jpg
186 KB, 562x960
The original and the best CNS of all time. Nothing can beat it. Nothing. Especially if you mash up a roll of ritz crackers to dust and mix it in to make chicken noodle soup paste. It's that home made stick to your rib salty chickeny greatness.
>>
>>7566565
Only if you don't eat them. It's the same as crackers.
>>
>>7564169

noodles are fine but you add them separately before serving rather than mixing them in the soup and letting it boil for five hours or sit in the fridge overnight.
>>
>>7563884
Fry a large diced onion in little oil
Add some salt, pepper, bay leaves and some cinnamon sticks and fry until onion is brown
Add ginger and some garlic cloves fry for few seconds then add lots of water and put the whole chicken after removing the skin the water must cover the chicken
Boil covered on medium high for one hour then add some potatoes, carrots and boil for 20 minutes on medium heat.
Add a cup of oats and some lemon juice cook for 10 minutes in medium
Then add about a cup of plain yogurt and you will have the best chicken soup
>>
>>7566919
Cinnamon sticks? Really? It sounds pretty rad, especially with ginger and garlic.
>>
>>7566919
>lots of water
>not stock

>best chicken soup
Lol, no.
>>
I prefer to use turkey meat/stock over chicken.
>>
>>7566081
>>7566878
What's wrong with leaving noodles in soup? I've never noticed noodles going bad unless they dry out which the soup should prevent even if you left them uncovered.
>>
>>7568149

I'm not the person you are replying to, but I find that noodles lose their texture rather quickly. I like noodles in soup if they are freshly cooked, but once the soup has been sitting for a while the noodles take on this horrid soggy texture.

Also, the cooking time for noodles is much shorter than the cooking time for anything else in the soup so adding noodles from the beginning is straight-up silly.
>>
>>7566919
sounds like what you'll actually have is a shit curry
>>
>>7566802
How do you actually make chicken soup?

Explain like I'm 5 and completely shit at cooking
>>
>>7568210
A basic chicken soup would go like this:

-put a whole chicken into a pot of chicken stock and simmer it until the chicken is cooked. that will take roughly 1 hour but will vary depending on the size and age of the chicken.
-remove the chicken, let it cool, and pull the meat off the bones. Then chop the meat into small pieces. Discard the bones, put the meat back into the stock.
-Add some veggies
-Simmer briefly until the veggies are cooked.
-Taste & adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.

Ideally you would do this with what's called an "old hen" or "Stewing hen". Basically it's an older chicken than those sold for grilling/frying/etc. Older chicken is more flavorful, but the meat is tougher so it's ideal for things like soup or stew.
>>
>>7568223
>Discard the bones
My mother doesn't believe in corporal punishment but she would definitely spank you for this
>>
>>7568231
Of course they can be used for stock, but I don't want to overload the 5 year old with additional information so I kept things simple.
>>
>>7568223
Thanks, appreciate it
>>
>>7563884
Matzoh ball with chicken
>>
>>7566769
What are you, six years old? GTFO.
>>
>>7568764
57 jackass. Mind your elders.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.