[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, I'm new to this board though I plan to lurk more too.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image%3A198722.png (44 KB, 205x250) Image search: [Google]
image%3A198722.png
44 KB, 205x250
Hi, I'm new to this board though I plan to lurk more too. I wanted to ask some questions on being a vegetarian.

I plan to go vegetarian, not sure how long but for quite a while. This is mainly because I want to eat healthier and improve my health as well as discipline and to try to keep to a goal. I went once for like a month some years ago but it failed miserably because I didn't do my research beforehand whilst I was trying it and then eventually gave in towards the end. Are there many downsides to being a vegetarian, anyone have any advice or opinions on this?
>>
vegans are retarded
>>
>>7562333

this basically

welcome to /ck/, OP
>>
Why do people think going vegetarian equals eating healthy?
>>
>>7562348

Consumption of a lot of meat does correlate highly with heart disease, but I'm pretty sure eating meat in moderation or less frequently is fine. I eat meat, but not often. I don't see the problem with being vegetarian, but being vegan seems silly.

If someone has an awful diet, being vegetarian could be a step in the right direction, although it's simplistic.
>>
I don't think being 100% vegetarian is good for you, and being vegan is terrible. However, cutting down your meat consumption to just a 2-3 times a week is fine.
You could start by doing that, and then, if you just REALLY feel like you have to go full vegetarian, you can go from there and it won't be as difficult. Personally, I think Pescetarianism is the best, but I have to have my red meat occasionally (I have chronic anemia, and when I need a big bloody delicious steak, I fucking NEED it).
Anyway, as far as being healthy, you can still be unhealthy no matter what eating lifestyle you choose. There are vegetarians and vegans who are just as unhealthy as some meat eaters, it's very dependent on what you eat and your lifestyle.
One thing I recommend is getting good at baking tofu. Baked tofu is delicious and can easily replace meat in salads, wraps, or be eaten just as a snack.
DO NOT fall for the fake meat products, and stay away from premade overly-processed foods. That's just good advice whether you're vegetarian or omnivorous.
Also, be careful with nut butters and cashew "cheese" and the like. Those have protein, sure, but they are also very high in calories. You could get better benefits from eating 8 walnuts 3 times a week.
>>
>>7562356

If someone has an awful diet they should just stop consuming refined sugar/HFCS
>>
>>7562356
>>7562371
This. As long as you don't go potato vegetarian (fries, chips, pizza, etc...) swapping out a few meals a week with vegetarian options is a great way to limit your meat intake. Try cooking Asian and Indian dishes, yourself, they're great sources for vegetarian dishes.

And if a restaurant only has or is known for their meat, or you don't feel like outing yourself as 'vegetarian in training', go ahead and get the meat.
>>
listen you dumb fuck

The only healthy diet is a well balanced diet. Eating all of the veggies don't mean cock for you body, and eating suppliments isn't the same thing.

Don't be a fag and become a vegetarian, just eat balanced meals. It is infinitely better for your body.
>>
>>7562439
t. PhD in Nutritional Broscience
>>
>>7562323
sounds like a bullshit reason to go veg
>>
>>7562371
thanks I'll probably try this then instead of just going all out straight away. I'm just trying to eat less crap and also I don't want shitty skin because of eating junk.

>>7562431
Thanks anon. I'll definitely go with this method instead.it seems more reasonable and smart in my case. I appreciate the help.

>>7562492
Even so. There is no requirement to choosing to go veg. I'm choosing to for reasons specific to me.
>>
>>7562323
LURK MOAR.

Threads like these typically don't go over well. You really have to know the culture to know how to get a successful vegetarian or vegan thread, or just lurk around for the bits of veg-friendly stuff you see in other threads.

Bottom line, lurk moar.
>>
>>7563412
Yeah will do anon. As I said its my first time really posting on here so I'll definitely lurk more and see what I can learn.
>>
File: 1455333902976.png (461 KB, 730x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455333902976.png
461 KB, 730x1080
>>7562323
I don't give a shit about your thread but that's a handsome Yuru you got there.
>>
Seconding the anon who suggested Asian and Indian. My suggestion is to build the vegetables around a main ingredient like rice or beans. Start with more rice/beans than veggies. Slowly, reverse it.

I'd start off with things like soups, gratins, chilli, biryani. You should also try getting into (firm)tofu.

Always make sure you're getting enough protein.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.