[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some people say you should pour beer into the center of the glass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: BoCLTaw.jpg (63 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
BoCLTaw.jpg
63 KB, 720x720
Some people say you should pour beer into the center of the glass to release more carbon dioxide. But then you have to wait for the massive head to dissipate. I (and pretty much everyone I drink with) always pour down the side until I get to the last bit, which I pour in the middle to get a reasonable head. How does /ck/ pour a beer?

>in b4 Hillary head jokes
>>
>>7562182
That's the most head Hillary's ever given
>>
if you pour it down the side you sir are a frat boy tier plebean.
>>
>>7562195
Ok Kenneth Starr
>>
You think that's a bad pour? Wait until you see Monica Lewinsky's!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Down the side until the end, then to the middle. Head should be 2 fingers thick and reach the edge of the glass.
>>
I didn't realize until I got a kegerator myself but now I can taste flat beer instantly. Flatter beer has a smooth sweetness, instead of more crisp flavor. Even if it still shows bubbles it can taste flat.
>>
>>7562246
Two other thoughts:

one way isn't always superior to the other

You'd be surprised how many bars are putting you flat beers
>>
>>7562246
>>7562253
what size is your kegerator? how often do you go through kegs? there are a lot of bars in my area (seattle) that have 40+ beers on tap, but i often wonder how fresh all of those kegs are.
>>
>>7562245
this

unless you're walking a while to serve it, then it's acceptable to go below the rim so it doesn't spill everywhere
>>
How can someone that old, pour beer so badly?

Even my underage soldiers can pour beer properly.
>>
>>7562182
Why do you want to release more carbon dioxide? That's an important component of the beer experience.
>>
>>7562246
Good description, I know what you mean. Sometimes flatter beer isn't easy to distinguish.

>>7562894
The worst is when their lines aren't clean. So many bars have dirty lines and it's a fucking travesty.
>>
>yfw liberals drink flat beer to reduce their carbon imprint
>>
As an al/ck/ I hate to say it, but I really don't think you get to that level while drinking anywhere close to regularly.
>>
>>7562182
>How does /ck/ pour a beer?
I pour it into my mouth.>>7562182
>>
I just started drinking recently and I have the pour down to a t, didn't even need to learn how. How do people not understand how to pour beer?
>>
>>7562209

Literally the entire of Australia (the undisputed masters of the cold beer pour) go down the side and aim for about a finger and a half of head.
>>
>>7562976
releases more of the aroma and makes you less gassy after consumption.
>>
That is one awful head.
>>
Well, I was taught (during my apprenticeship) that your beer should have a "flower" on the top. This is achieved by starting a slow pour down the side and moving to the middle to get a medium sized head, then slowly adding more straight to the top till you have a creamy, thick head that stands up over the rim of the glass with a "flower" in the center. It's hard for me to describe without showing how to do it. I learned from a German guy, who was the resident expert. The problem in America is that we don't appreciate that kind of thing and want "the most for our money", so lots of people get pissed if there's a head on their beer, which there SHOULD be. It protects the flavor and aroma. I guess if you're just drinking macro light beers, it probably doesn't matter too much, but if you're drinking micro brews and craft brews, you should be protecting them with a nice flower head on top.
>>
I usually pour down the side of the glass. If I want a decent head on the beer, I'll leave a bit of beer in the bottom of the bottle and swirl it around to foam it up then pour that on top.
>>
>>7564100

don't tell me how to drink my beer faggot

not paying $5 for your micro brew thats 50% head and spilling all over the table when you bring it to me
>>
File: quality life.jpg (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
quality life.jpg
48 KB, 400x400
>>7564105
You sound like a real classy faggot.
>>
>>7564110

shut the fuck up and bring me another PBR. if there is as much head as the last one im not leaving you a tip.
>>
>>7562894
It holds a full size keg. How long it lasts depends on how much you drink and if you have parties. Anywhere from a weekend to a month.
>>
>>7564118
Get your own trailer park beer. I'd refuse you service (if I still worked in the industry).
>>
>>7564138

no wonder you got fired. collecting NEET bux now?
>>
>>7564157
oh my god shut the fuck up you ingrate you must be so fucking sad in real life to pick fights like this
>>
>>7563562
that's how it is in the UK too
>>
File: good story.jpg (25 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
good story.jpg
25 KB, 560x315
>>7564184

go smoke some cigarettes to calm your nerves you hipster faggot
>>
>>7564198
You realize you're blathering to more than one person, right? Of course not, because you're an idiot.
>2016
>smoking
Where'd you steal your internet service from, Cleetus?
>>
>>7564198
I only vape, fag
>>
>wanting head

You realise bars give you head to reduce the amount of liquid they give you right?
>>
>>7564327
No it's because it keeps the beer from going flat. Anyway in UK you get pint glasses with room between the pint volume line and the top of the glass so you get a full pint of liquid +head
>>
>>7564353

>making it more flat stops it from getting flat.
>>
>>7564353

how the fuck is my beer going to go flat when i drink it in less than 2 minutes

i can see keeping some head on top of a pitcher you leave at the table but expecting me to nurse a pint long enough for it to go flat is insulting
>>
>>7564364
making some of the beer (above the measure line) flat prevents the remaining beer (the pint you paid for) from going flat.
>>
>tfw you pour a bottle into a pint glass and get the perfect amount of head
>>
>>7564327
We have laws about that sort of thing.
>>
>>7564366
You drink a pint every 2 minutes?
>>
>>7564620

the first two or three for sure
>>
>>7564105
I have to pay like 6-8 dollars for craft beers on tap where I live
>>
>>7562976
The fizzy taste is from the presence of carbon acid, not the bubbles
>>
>>7564199
A lot of people still smoke where I live and it's not a redneck area. But a lot of people only smoke when they drink.
>>
>>7564670

Then why does flat soda lack the fizzy taste when it still contains the carbonic acid?
>>
>>7564684
That's a good question, I'm not sure

But Guinness Draught is very bubbly yet always tastes flat to me
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.