[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Easy/inexpensive meals to cook as a college student? Bonus if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Easy/inexpensive meals to cook as a college student? Bonus if it includes protein like chicken and veggies like broccoli. No fancy shit
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Bring a pot of water to a boil, drop in pieces of chicken, wait a couple minutes, and then add broccoli. Cook for a little while and then drain and serve.
>>
You're the reason why we should have a sticky

http://imgur.com/gallery/pHUdq
>>
>>7562023
>>7562021

>http://imgur.com/gallery/pHUdq

Very nice. I like it.
>>
>>7562021
But the chicken would taste bland senpai
>>
>>7562009
Broccoli cauliflower soup with chicken chunks and mozzarella on the bottom
That shit is like crack to me.
>>
Rice and beans

Pasta
>>
>>7562021
>boiling any meat
>ever
unless you're making a soup, just no.
>>
Olive oil in pan.
Salt and pepper the chicken.
Cook chicken.
Slice chicken and set aside.

Add more oil to pan.
Throw in broccoli.
Cook until tender on outside, but still firm inside.
Add sliced chicken back to pan.
Splash of chicken stock, soy sauce, cover with lid.
Let that go for just a minute or two to reheat the chicken and finish cooking the broccoli.

Serve over rice.
>>
>>7562021
>boiled chicken

Kill yourself
>>
>>7562009
lurk moar.

I cook a lot of curry and chili. Beans and rice. What's fancy is completely subjective.
>>
>>7562537

I find boiling a corned beef acceptable.
>>
>>7562021
>>>/fit/
>>7562009
slowcooked pork and chili verde with peas and carrots
>>
>>7562635
>not resting the chicken and slicing it when you want to use it so it stays warm
>frying the brocolli and burning the pan instead of deglazing the pan and steaming the brocolli
>overcooking the chicken
>no mirin, no garlic, no chilli no sugar, no sesame oil
>>
>>7562009
if you ever get a chance to buy some bacon, save the fat in a jar and keep it in the fridge. it adds easy flavor to foods you cook later
>>
>>7563075
cheap and inexpensive remember
>>
>>7562537
That's poaching, Mr. Rusemaster.
>>
>>7562009
chop onion and garlic(maybe leeks too) and sweat in frypan till look a bit brown

add chopped mushrooms if you like
>>
>>7565405
salami or chorizo makes a good addition, neither needs much cooking

dice chicken breast into bitesize pieces

move the onions ove to one half of the pan, then brown the chicken

I like to add 1 or 2 teaspoons of chili flakes or powder

meanwhile you should have a full kettle of water ready

start heating the water in another pan

reduce heat in main pan mix the chicken and onions together, add some herbs if you like, I use a fair bit of oregano, then add a tin of chopped tomatos, or a packet of pasata, or both

cook 50-60g of pasta while the main dish simmers, stir it a few times

drain pasta, put in a medium bowl, pour on tomato chicken mix then stir the pasta to get it coated

breddy gud, takes about 15 min
>>
>>7562635
Good recipe. Just remember to let chicken rest after cooking, about 5 minutes to keep chicken juices in. Then slice.
>>
>>7562023
why doesnt dumpster king just use this instead of eating rotten food for just as much money
>>
I got you in 10 easy steps motherfucker, and you will eat like a king.

0.Buy pork or chicken
1. Heat pan on medium low heat filled with enough olive oil to cover the entire pan, plus a splash
2. Beat it as thin as possible with tenderizer (flat side)
3. lightly salt and pepper
4. Prepare 3 plates (1 with all purpose flour, 1 with an egg scrambled *a splash of milk/cream suggested*, and one with bread crumbs)
5. Coat meat in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs, press crumbs into meat, dip into egg again, coat once more with bread crumbs and shake off excess crumbs
6. Once oil is hot enough (I drop a small piece of meat in pan to see if it sizzles) add a heap of butter to oil, then throw the meat in the pan
7. Cook 3 minutes each side
9. Cut it in the middle to check if it's done (since it's your first time making it)
9. add more butter and lemon on top of that shit because fuck your arteries
10. Enjoy the shit out of that juicy ass schnitzel /b/ro
>>
>>7562009
cheeseboigahs
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.