[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How far are you willing to travel to eat at a particular restaurant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
How far are you willing to travel to eat at a particular restaurant?
>>
>>7561872
cross the city.
>>
Probably to the next state over
>>
A few hours at least, from home.
If I'm actually on a trip, I'll take detours or travel further if there's a place I really want to go.
>>
>>7561872
Depends. My buddy and I make an annual road trip from West Virginia to Milwaukee to tour the breweries and eat at Leffs afterwords.
>>
about twice a year i drive from seattle to renton to get a western burger from carl's jr. takes about 20-30 minutes each way if traffic is light. up until about 7 years ago, there were no carl's jrs in washington at all, so i only had it if i was in oregon or california.
>>
About 20 minutes.
>>
>>7561872
depends
>>
>>7562874
is that padma lakshmi?

new respekt for carls...
>>
I live in a backwater shithole, closest city is a 40 minute drive. So 40 minutes.
>>
>>7561872
I went from Hungary to London, to eat in the airport restaurant Plane Food. (Gordon 'inB4 meme' Ramseys place). After a few day, I went to the FatDuck (Heston Blumenthal). So, it was around a week trip, and maybe 4000 km?
>>
File: wifey_drives.jpg (14 KB, 377x360) Image search: [Google]
wifey_drives.jpg
14 KB, 377x360
About 100 Km. (60 mi.)

But going is only half the problem.
Usually I still have to come back home after the feast,
and if wine was flowing during the meal... there's my problem.
(thankfully, Wifey also drives)
>>
File: Honda GL650 Silverwing.jpg (362 KB, 2003x1126) Image search: [Google]
Honda GL650 Silverwing.jpg
362 KB, 2003x1126
>>7561872
>How far are you willing to travel to eat at a particular restaurant?

If it's more then a 10-15 min drive away, I ain't bothering.
>>
Kind of a moot question for my part of town. My area has pretty much any food you could want at your fingertips, don't really need to drive far. If I really want something, I'll go to the ends of the world to get it though. But being as there's nothing I really want that isn't already readily available I don't need to go much further than 20 miles max.
>>
>>7563060
yeah, its from a commercial that came out several years ago.
>>
An hour by car
>>
>>7563261
i dont like you, but i couldnt tell you why
>>
>>7564172
>wifey

Found it for you
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.