[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My father is vacationing in the US, and I told him to bring me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: HUY-06109-2.jpg (214 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
HUY-06109-2.jpg
214 KB, 1600x1600
My father is vacationing in the US, and I told him to bring me Sriracha since I love hot sauces, but Sriracha is nowhere to be found here,
What does it tastes alike?
What should I put it on(I mean can I use it in the same way as franks red hot or tabasco, I put those in almost anything)?
>>
where do you live that you can't find siracha?
>>
>>7560906
>What does it tastes alike?
Like chili peppers, garlic and sugar. Compared to tabasco or frank's you'll find that siracha is much thicker in texture and lacks the vinegar taste of the other two.

It's a general purpose condiment. Put it on whatever you like.
>>
File: mapa-de-ubicacion-de-costa-rica.jpg (118 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
mapa-de-ubicacion-de-costa-rica.jpg
118 KB, 800x600
>>7560914
Costa Rica
>>
I'm Bolivian so my dad usually serves llajua with every meal, but Sriracha has taken its place. Pa calls it 'Asian ketchup'. If you would put ketchup on it, try Sriracha on it.
>>
You should've told him to bring back some whataburger ketchup
>>
>>7560906

its literally shit tier ketchup bullshit.

most overhyped shit sauce ever.
>>
>>7560917
>>7561057

tabasco, franks, texas pete, your own chiles... literally anything is better than putting spicy ketchup on your food
>>
>>7561064
mad hipster
>>
>>7561088

how does hating hipster meme sauce (sriracha) make you a hipster?
>>
>>7561121
hipsters avoid things that are popular. sirarcha was hipster-tier back before you heard of it. now that it's popular hipsters wouldn't be caught dead eating it.
>>
>>7561057
This.

It tastes like mildly spicy ketchup. It's the most overrated garbage meme sauce around.
>>
>>7561136

it has nothing to do with the popularity of the item. its literally fucking ketchup tier/fast food sauce that will never have a place in my house.
>>
>>7561149
>it has nothing to do with the popularity of the item

For hipsters it does.
>>
File: tiger sauce.jpg (362 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
tiger sauce.jpg
362 KB, 600x800
>>
>>7560906
When people compare it to ketchup, they're lying. The only similarity is color and consistency. It's basically just 'Asian-y heat' flavor. I quite like it, but it is a tad overrated. It may not be worth a trip overseas, but I don't know if any food really is. Except for maybe cheeses.
>>
>>7561297
It is kind of like a ketchup though. It's sweet like ketchup. It's not as acidic though.

The predominant flavor is the garlic. It's not a bad sauce, though you should know that it isn't a "neutral" heat, and it will very much change the flavor of whatever you put it on. I like it with noodle dishes, and I often put it on my pizza.
>>
>>7561057
>not liking things because normal people like them

literally the most embarrassing contrarian opinion i've read in a while
>>
>>7561149
>le ketchup is bad meme
please fuck off
>>
>>7561507

i love tons of things normal people like. sriracha is not one of them

enjoy your spicy ketchup pleb
>>
>>7561513
you know what i mean. because it's a tumblr thing you're too fucking above a goddamn condiment.

as if tabasco is much better
>>
>>7561297
It totally is like ketchup, salt, sugar, and distilled vinegar are main ingredients in both
>>
File: droogs.jpg (43 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
droogs.jpg
43 KB, 640x424
>>7561202

good stuff though a bit pricey

pic unrelated
>>
>>7561520

tabasco is much better. if i want to spice something up im not trying to add a thick sugar sauce

>>7561512
enjoy your cornsyrup and salt sauce.
>>
>>7561528

There's a lot less vinegar in sriracha than there is in ketchup.
>>
>>7561533
Interestingly, Americas test kitchen did a 'hot sauce taste test', of which Sriracha won.

It's a good fucking hot sauce. It's ground chilis. How could you hate ground spicyness with some rounded flavors?
>>
I don't think it tastes anything like ketchup. But it isn't a very useful or tasty sauce. The only thing I think it goes well with is Chinese takeout. Its flavor ruins most dishes. Sambal oelek is infinitely more versatile and better in just about every situation
>>
>>7561544

if i want garlic ill add it myself. i don't want the added sugar and it has the most limp dick heat ever that is extremely weak.

it may have won a test kitchen if all of the people testing it were faggots who think ketchup is god tier sauce and anything spicier than jalapeno makes them cry
>>
I gotta have it with hoisin sauce. Its underwhelming on its own.
>>
>he uses redditsauce
>>
I never really liked hot sauce until sriracha. Most american style hot sauces have just been hot vinegar where it's literally just capasaicin and white vinegar. The garlic, the ground chili flavor, and the non vinegarness i really love.
Dunno it's just the best hot sauce I've tried.
I'm sure sambal oelek is better, and other chinese and south east asian sauces I havent tried.
>>
>>7560906
>vacationing in the US
>vacationing
American shit poster detected.
>>
>>7561533
you don't eat sugar? are you reading what you type? holy shit
>>
>>7561598

sure i eat sugar i just don't feel the necessity to put cornsyrup on every dish i make like a fucking 12 year old
>>
>>7560906
It's not like a hot sauce you put on chicken strips or something. It's mostly to cook with. Like putting some in a stew or a sauce, you know?
>>
>>7561057
tastes literally nothing like ketchup what the fuck. not even a similar texture.
>>
>>7561623
i feel like you've never even tried it honestly
>>
File: notlikingthing2.jpg (66 KB, 500x640) Image search: [Google]
notlikingthing2.jpg
66 KB, 500x640
>>7561559
>>7561533
>>7561513

this nigga is just SO mad that people like hot sauce
>>
the sweetness offsets the flavor so its fairly bland tasting. It entry level hotsauce
>>
>>7560906
For reasons that I will never understand /ck/ despises sriracha sauce. I personally think it's pretty good stuff.

>What does it tastes alike?
It tastes like fermented, ground jalapeno chiles, seasoned with salt, sugar, vinegar and garlic.

>What should I put it on
I think it is best on fried fish and fried shellfish but it's pretty good on almost anything.
>>
>>7562375
I was somewhat excited when i found sriracha in a local store but it really isn't that amazing all purpose hot sauce the believers claim it to be.
I'm guessing that's the main reason people get upset when it's mentioned.

It is pretty good but very overrated. I use it sometimes when cooking but as a table sauce it's somewhat shit. A good sambal oelek is much better if you want to add heat to a dish like >>7561546 mentioned.
>>
>>7562472
>>7562472
>isn't that amazing all purpose hot sauce the believers claim it to be.

You're absolutely correct here. It's useless as a substitute for straight ahead hot sauces. Sriracha is only like a 3/10 on the heat scale and is strongly flavored with garlic and has a noticeable sweetness.

I happen to enjoy that combination of flavors but it is absolutely NOT a way to just add pungency to good.

I like black label Valentina for just adding heat. Sambal oelek is great too.
>>
>>7562561
I lightly drizzle it on my stir fry and that coupled with some ginger in the chicken marinade make the whole deal quite tasty.

The only other use I have for it is when I make a spicy mustard dipping sauce and honestly just a dollop is enough.
>>
those who tell you it tastes anything like ketchup is lying or have never had sriracha.

it is also a good addition to creamy sauces, but can be put on most anything
>>
File: image.jpg (364 KB, 1024x1386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
364 KB, 1024x1386
>>7562561
>black label valentina
good fucking taste.

i see so much love for cholula and even tapatio, but nowhere near as much for this. easily the best mexican hot sauce.
>>
>>7561057
>>7561064
>>7561141
>>7561658
Shit taste, kill yourselves.
>>
>>7562561
Could you recommend me a good bran of sambal oelek? I'm interested in trying it out.
>>
>>7562867
I like Lee Kum Kee and Huy Fong
>>
>>7562814
Get help, weirdo
>>
>>7562375
A lot of people like sriracha as shown by this thread. There's always this one gramps that gets REALLY angry and calls it hipster ketchup every chance he gets.
>>
>>7562814
FFFag
>>
>>7560906
Jalapenos and garlic.
>>
What is the next step in the progression of hot sauce consumption after siracha?
>>
>>7563111
Spicy ketchup will become more common.
>>
>>7563111
There isn't a set progression. I have a collection of around 50 sauces, and they all are good in their own applications to different cuisine.
>>
>>7560906

Like any other chili sauce you can buy at the asian section of any supermarket, it's nothing special and these types of sauces have been available for decades but Americans got a whiff of it and lost their shit like it's some gods gift or some shit. They did the same with nutella.
>>
>>7563192
le edgy contrarian man
>>
>>7563302

A faggot
>>
>>7563365
Yes, I am a homosexual man.
>>
>>7560906
Are you the same guy from the Kewpie thread

Please don't let this be a meme
>>
>>7561584
>I like everything to taste like spoiled tomato mash
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.