[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi ck! I'm 22 and have been a picky eater all of my life.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1460160887769.jpg (80 KB, 550x856) Image search: [Google]
1460160887769.jpg
80 KB, 550x856
Hi ck!

I'm 22 and have been a picky eater all of my life. Recently I've begun eating more foods and realize there's an entire world of food that I would love that I haven't even tried yet.

What foods would you recommend to a recovering picky eater?
>>
Man child you are never leaving your mothers basement.
>>
>>7560831
I'm at work right now taking a shit.

I just wanna know some good foods man.
>>
>>7560830
We gotta know what you eat and don't eat.
Congratulations though, you're on the right way.
>>
mushrooms if you don't eat them already
>>
Eggplant
Celeriac
Chickpeas
Parsnips
>>
I'm in a similar boat, just moved out on my own and I'm trying to cook meals for one now. What I've been doing is picking up one new veggie to incorporate into that weeks meals. It's helped a lot.

I usually have onions, bell peppers, garlic, and mushrooms on hand, but this week I picked up some snap peas. Planning on stir fry tonight.
>>
>>7560838
Eggs
Pancakes
Cheeseburgers (favorite)
Rice
Pasta
Pancakes
Fruits
Oatmeal
Quesadillas

Others but I can't think of ATM.

I try to eat as healthy as I can. Whole wheat this and that. I fucking hate ever veggie I ever ate but I'm willing to try it. But at this point I wanna learn to cook for myself. I make pastaand cut my own fries but that's about it. I tend to over-fry my eggs when I try to make em..

Also like spicy stuff.
>>
>>7560830
>i'm picky, please guess what i would like without hearing my preferences
I'm just here to call you stupid, no point in trying to help you.
>>
>>7560967
Sorry was working so I couldn't but look above you now.
>>
>>7561352
>>7561606
>>7560966
Get a large eggplant, cut off tops, cut in half, slice a grid for surface area, drizzle oil, bake half an hour until soft and charred.
Get to know the best vegetable.
>>
>>7560830
I must say chicken brown chicken sause and potatoes are always a hit, and then steam some veggies like broccoli and the white i don't know whats called in english. My favorite dish!
>>
File: batman.jpg (22 KB, 469x469) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
22 KB, 469x469
>>7560830
Unfortunately, if you were raised as a pleb you will always be a pleb deep down, no matter how much you want to be seen otherwise

My condolences OP
>>
How are we supposed to answer this question?

You're essentially just asking: 'what are some good foods guys?'

We don't know what preferences you have (if any), what your budget is, where you live in the world and what's available to you, your catering situation, cooking abilities, etc.

The only advice that makes sense to give to you is to be adventurous: don't refuse food offered to you unless you KNOW you don't like it. At restaurants (providing you like and trust what they serve) order things you haven't tried before. The only other thing I would say is this: if you're curious to try something for the first time make sure you eat an example of it that's in the top range in terms of quality. There's no point trying, say, crab for the first time if your experience with it is a bag of frozen shredded crab meat from a budget supermarket, or, God forbid, ''''crab'''' sticks. You probably won't like it and it'll put you off the real thing. Get yourself, for example, a fresh, locally-caught crab meat sandwich from a seaside town, and let that be your first experience. Can't get fresh crab meat right now? Then wait until you get the chance.

For example, I first tried snails when I was young at a rather cheap and grubby cafe in Paris. They were chewy and not very nice and put me off trying snails again for a while. I had them done for me beautifully by a friend of mine a couple of years later and I changed my opinion on them.

I think this is a good general principle and it should serve you well.

At least you realise there's something wrong with your habits unlike the majority of picky eaters. Best of luck on your recovery you fucking pleb.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.